Tydis

Heritage

It's a lot safer than it looks.. lol

It's basically just fried potatos and onions in a frying pan, and then you take some scrambled raw egg and dump it on top. Let it cook for a bit to cook the egg, and it comes out like that. Slice it like a pie.

Kinda like homefries in an omelette, but, sliced like a pie.

I'm 4th generation French (recently found out I actually have some relatives in Paris, and in the country), 4th generation French-Canadian, and Canadian, and a few others on my mothers side. Fathers side is alittle harder to peg down, but apparently were western settlers, as well as POSSIBLY (nothing really solid), as having some Cuban blood, or Brazilian. That always makes me giggle. Two different Native American tribes on both sides, mothers side is more recent, fathers side is possibly great-great-grandmother got alittle fiesty at the saloon.

(edit) Fathers majority of his heritage is also mostly European, I think, old English. Last name has alot of history there, and my uncle has actually contacted branching family members from it before.

Actually Vill I thought it looked good. Not too far off from Colcannon actually. Just change the form the potatoes are in and add cabbage. ;)

colcannon.jpg

Good stuff. Also forgot to add that Irish are known for their dirty fighting. (and I am not talking bombs here)

Might I introduce Irish stick fighting? Shillelagh is a fun multi purpose item. ;)

I'll pull up some video links once my internet isn't screwed. The humidity is eating it alive at the moment though. >.<

I'm proud of the polish half of my heritage for all the qualities that earned them the scorn and ridicule in the World Wars. Pure, stubborn bravery in the face of an overwhelming opponent doesn't make you stupid. It makes you great, even if only in memory.

Oh, and the food. :)

The other half of my ancestry is a complete fething mystery due to my great-grandpa's adoption in 1894 Canada. We're almost certain there's Scotch or Irish based on his appearance, but its hard to say. Shame, since he was awarded the Bronze Star by the president himself for capturing eight of ze Germans. '

By himself.

At 5'2" tall.

Actually Vill I thought it looked good. Not too far off from Colcannon actually. Just change the form the potatoes are in and add cabbage.

Cool coincidence! Dija know that the Spanish and the Celts did a lot of mingling? In Northern Spain, there are still traces of Irish culture, and the term "Black Irish" stems from the Spanish who bred with Irish to produce Celts with dark hair and eyes.

From Wikipedia:

"More significantly, related distantly to the term Black Irish, researchers believe that most of the genetic ancestry was established by ancient migrations to the British Isles after the Ice Ages, which had depopulated the islands. The prehistoric people came from the Iberian peninsula and genetic links have been demonstrated with Basque ancestors."

I'm not a Basque, though. e.e I'm Catalan.

Like Puyol! He's the dude who scored against the Germans.

300PuyolJonSuperAP-900.jpg

..you can see the resemblance.

Sounds like a Scott or Irish guy to me. They don't have to be tall in order to have a big brass pair. My great grandma was all of maybe four feet tall, she could kick your butt though. ;)

Hear I had heard that 'black Irish' referred to survivors from wrecked Spanish ships that were found washed up on the Irish shore that lived and stayed. Though I don't know where my mom picked that up from so I have no sources.

That's a great idea Emmons! What countries do all those flags represent?

I'm 4/7 Irish, 1/4 Polis and like 1/5ish German. I identify most with Poland though because my great grandfather was polish, as was his son, and my father. Since we live in a patriarchal society, well, there ya go.

Heh, my Dad was an army brat. Spawned from this guy on the left (he was mostly from English stock from what my grandmother said) who met a woman in New Zealand while on rest and recoup there. She had a lot off Maori blood. My father being half a Kiwi, I guess makes me a quarter Kiwi (it explains the body hair imo). The resemblance is mainly in the tongue. My mother's side is a bunch of English folks who decided to get a bit friendly with the locals way back when. So we've got a little bit of multi-nation Native American blood in there too.

For sports? I'm not really insane about any of them, but I'm not above painting my face and heading out to the rink to scream for the university's home team during hockey season (black and blue outs are a riot) when everyone's getting the cold-sweats for it. I also enjoy rugby when I can catch a match, which is rare ; P And of course my favorite team is the All Blacks.

but I'm not above painting my face and heading out to the rink to scream for the university's home team during hockey season

Because painting ones face is fun amirite?

On another note: Maori's are frightening. Big, dark, hairy mo-fos. My mum is married to one ;)

It gets a bit hard to track some of my background. Effectively about 1/3 Irish, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Hispanic, and the rest is a mix of various European heritage from Canada. One grandfather was pure Irish, and he married my grandmother who was born in Canada, of English/French/Irish descent, on my dad's side. My mother's father is from Texas, whose family has been living there since the Spanish first settled in the area, granted land by the king at the time. My other grandmother is Italian, and whom I get most of looks from. Otherwise, I have an Irish build, and am taller than 90% of the rest of my family because of it, same with my father and my brother, who are both about the same height as I am.

My dad's about as stereotypical Irish-American as you can get, born in Mass., went to Catholic school as a kid, was kicked out of said school, and been drinking for most of his life.

On another note: Maori's are frightening. Big, dark, hairy mo-fos. My mum is married to one ;)

Maoris are hot. That thing the dudes do with their tongue in a fight is awesome. >_>

maori-warrior.jpg

Yeeeaaah...

Since I'm having a drink or two tonight...I'll go down this memory lane and post my favorite Brazilian drink: Caipiroska.

Recipe: Crush sugar into the lime wedges with a spoon. Place the lime wedges in the bottom of an 8 oz. glass. Cover with crushed ice, fill glass with vodka, and serve.

caprioska.jpg

And like all the best racial groups Maori know how to beat the snot outta people with a stick. ;)

Good lord Tydis! That is a strong ass drink! o.O

4th generation german on both of my dad sides, and then 4th generation sami (northern finnish/eskimo reindeer herders), being that as it may, my grandmother was adopted and as such I was raised as a member of clan sutherland, so there's that.

what do I love about these? everything

what do I love about america? everything it stood for.

however comma 1984 was not an instruction manual you sonsuvbitches.

Since I'm having a drink or two tonight...I'll go down this memory lane and post my favorite Brazilian drink: Caipiroska.

Recipe: Crush sugar into the lime wedges with a spoon. Place the lime wedges in the bottom of an 8 oz. glass. Cover with crushed ice, fill glass with vodka, and serve.

caprioska.jpg

so like a mint julep with lime instead of mint and vodka instead of bourbon?

hunh.

Maoris are hot. That thing the dudes do with their tongue in a fight is awesome. >_>

maori-warrior.jpg

Yeeeaaah...

Hey look.. It's my step father 20 years ago!

One second while I find a picture of what he looks like now*... >>

tameiti_narrowweb__300x409,2.jpg

Yeah... That's about it... minus the tattoos on the face... and probably plus a smile and WoW in front of him... *FASEPALM*

*This is not an actual picture of my father. This is a picture located on Google and used as an LOLOLOL reference.

maori-warrior.jpg

Yeeeaaah...

You are forgetting that they also ate those they killed in battle as the ultimate insult.