Sign in to follow this  
Xelthan

Xelthan Ravenveil (Nightelf - Deceased)

Full Name: Xelthan Ravenveil

Nicknames: Birthname (Ravenvale), Nine-hells Blade, Winter Solstice

Date of Birth: Not really sure, since he doesn't care to mark his own birthday. Waste of time after so many years.

Age: Not sure, but he knows he's younger than his wife Kurohane

Race: Kaldorei

Hair: Dark Blue

Skin: Dark purple

Eyes: Standard male yellow/goldish glow

Height: 7'0"

Weight: 285 lbs

Place of residence: Currently Ironforge

Place of Birth: Kalimdor, near the Ashenvale region.

Known Relatives: All deceased.

Religion/Philosophy: Whatever works. Use your damn head, already.

Group/Guild affiliation: Dor Shando

Guild Rank: Shando

Enemies: A fair few, eh?

Favorite Foods: Rosted meats, stews, etc

Favorite Drinks: Does it have alchohol? Sign Xelthan up.

Favorite Colors: Red and Black

Weapons of Choice: Anything sharp.

Dislikes: Idiots, Backstabbers (rogue irony, much?), Cowardice.

Hobbies: When not seen with a lovely Kurohane on his arm, Xelthan is usually out on a paid job or wandering his favorite haunts of Andorhol or Burning Steppes.

Physical Features: None to truly distinguish him out from other males aside from his dark coloring and perpetual 5-o'clock shadown. He gave up shaving that damn thing centuries ago.

Special Abilities: Xelthan is a trained assassin by trade, so his abilities usually tie back into that.

Positive Personality Traits: Xelthan is fiercely loyal to those that have earned that loyalty.

Negative Personality Traits: Xelthan has a devil-may-care attitude...but very very few morals to speak of. Murder is simply not something worthy of guilt or hindsight to him.

Misc. Quirks: Xelthan speaks with a strange accent, a mixture of Darnassian vowel pronunciation and Bloodsail Bucaneer turns of phrase and speech patterns. He's also known to laugh and joke even during the most bloody of fights.

History: -Coming later today-

* Looks both ways before answering*

(ahem) " Xelthan. Met him for the first time as a new Swordwaltzer at a party on his ship. He introduced me to gambling with dice. Of course he won.

He's not a long winded guy. I never heard him say more than a few sentences in a row to be honest. But he's been a good friend, and totally devoted to his wife Kurohane. I've seen him in a rage though and its not pretty. He gets this glint in his eyes that disturbing.

Kind of guy that you want sitting across from you at a bar, preferrably with his hands on the table where you can see them. "

* looks again to make sure he wasn't overheard*

"Ah, another perfect example of the idiotic elven race. It would help to take note of his Dwarven like desire for Liquor, his Goblin-esque need for money, and his all-too elven desire for his woman. Pathetic. It would be so much easier if I could make a point of torturing them both."

Kurohane laughs and leans back in her chair. "Where do I even start? He's the love of my life, the fire of my desires and my best friend. Sure he can have a bit of a temper at times, but then again, it matches mine more often than not. He's kind and generous to those who have earned a place in his heart. Out of every person I've ever met, he's the only one who finally managed to claim my heart wholey and my hand in marraige. That has to say a lot in and of itself."

Xelthan is a good man. He's a bit more informal than I'm used to, and always gets on to me for calling him 'sir.' Good in a fight, and I always enjoy seeing him.

Xelthan? *laughs* Now there's a character, let me tell you. Agile as a cat and tough in a fight. I think I first met him at the Blue Recluse, and I think he was already quite drunk at the time. *smiles* One of the few people I've met who can drink me under the table. And that accent of his? Charming...

I only wish his departure had been under more pleasant circumstances... Regardless of that, however, I would still stand and fight beside him against any enemy to the people of the alliance.

Xelthan...there's a man I would in one turn fight to my last breath to defend and another punch him across the face myself. *chuckles, then grows more somber* I know some of the things that have happened to him, and they concern me...but ever since my time in Ashenvale, I've not seen him once. I can only hope everything is turning out for the best.

History *it wouldn't let me edit for some reason :/*

Xelthan first began aiding in the reclamation of the Ashenvale forests, using his training as a Scout from his father alongside his brother, Vandin. Sometime after this, both brothers began a modest career as rogues to help with the money troubles their mother incurred upon their father's death. Xelthan began taking on the more unseemly jobs offered, which was a point of contention with his brother. Xelthan's choice to kill (for those jobs were far more profitable) heated the long standing arguement to an explosive stand-off with his brother Vandin, who decided to tell their mother the ugly truth of his brother's newfound fortunes.

Brokenhearted and bitter for the experience of having to fight his brother and the rebuke from his mother, Xelthan fled to stalk the Barrens and make his way there. He met up with an envoy of the Bloodsail Bucaneers doing trade in Ratchet, and signed aboard as a crewmate. Fairly soon, his skills earned him a place as Master-at-arms aboard a ship bound back for the Eastern Kingdoms.

While aboard, Xelthan enjoyed a relationship with a troll female, who had moved on from her tribe to try her hand as a privateer. The romance was brief, however. Shandia was killed in a failed bid to commandeer an Alliance vessel bound from Theramore. Xelthan decided to put to shore in Booty Bay and continue on with the skills that brought him coin if not happiness. Shortly thereafter, Alliance authorities caught up with him and he was imprisoned for aiding in the acts of Piracy against Theramore. He was brought back to Theramore and it was there, while in his holding cell, that he recieved news from his estranged brother that their mother had passed on. Xelthan served out his sentance and made his way north back to his birthhome, and onto Teldrassil where his mother was buried, hoping to somehow reunite with Vandin in the process.

There he found the grave...and learned of his Brother's death at the hands of an Undead rogue named Yomi. Kurohane had come there to console him and offer him a place in the same guild Vandin had served in until his murder. Bent on vengeance, Xelthan agreed. Soon after, Yomi was ambushed and destroyed. Xelthan stayed on in thanks to Kurohane for her help and to aid her cause.

Some time later, the two fell in love and were wed. Xelthan had previously undergone some changes due to, as far as he can recall, a battle he involved himself in before the Dark Portal itself. He had memories from a life that wasn't his, the ability to speak and understand Druidic...and a newfound focus for fighting beyond merely killing.

Recently, Xelthan's foray's into the city of Zul'Gurub have earned him a place within the Zandalar Tribe, and initiate to their "Death's Hand" group of assassins. Moreover, the elder there bestowed favor on the one whom, even for a short time, had made one of their own content and happy. The elder, Shandia's grandfather, gave his blessings to Xelthan and bid him continue his fight, whatever it might be.