Yatokth

RealID Update

If not, I'll buy their tickets at a cheap price! xD

Ditto. Then resell shit on ebay. You know that spectral tiger card? That shit resold for SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLAR PLUS and continues to resell for that much or more on ebay. Think what good blizzard goodies bring in?

I would go to Blizzcon just to protest the change in person.

I've canceled my account, although I am paid up through the beginning of August. I may resubscribe, I may not. I'm taking a "wait and see" approach at this time.

I would go to Blizzcon just to protest the change.

I've canceled my account, although I am paid up through the beginning of August. I may resubscribe, I may not. I'm taking a "wait and see" approach at this time.

I still have hope something is going to happen to make it so I can come back with a clean conscience.

New update:

https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25968987278&sid=1

It looks like they got the message.

I've done just a little bit of research on Kotick recently, and I actually feel kind of sorry for him. His vision as the leader of this company was to expand the social networking aspect of gaming, and he genuinely believed that people were ready for it. It takes a big person though to give up on their dreams, even if for a little bit. I'm heartened though that he did look at the facts and decided to give it up.

New update:

https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25968987278&sid=1

It looks like they got the message.

I've done just a little bit of research on Kotick recently, and I actually feel kind of sorry for him. His vision as the leader of this company was to expand the social networking aspect of gaming, and he genuinely believed that people were ready for it. It takes a big person though to give up on your dream, even if for a little bit. I'm heartened though that he did look at the facts and decided to give it up.

The way Mike approaches that post gives me the distinct feeling that's a Blizzard sigh of relief. It's very... laid back and apologetic, what with how they say that every voice matters and points people in the direction of their mission statement - it kinda gives me this feeling that they're saying "Guys, we love ya, thank you for being assholes so that we didn't have to do this."

Maybe now we can move on and people can stop jumping ship.

So it WAS the Blizzard CEO who suggested it in the first place.

Well, my protest is over I suppose. I am still torn about whether or not I want to re-activate my WoW account.... hmm.

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take some time to speak with all of you regarding our desire to make the Blizzard forums a better place for players to discuss our games. We've been constantly monitoring the feedback you've given us, as well as internally discussing your concerns about the use of real names on our forums. As a result of those discussions, we've decided at this time that real names will not be required for posting on official Blizzard forums.

It's important to note that we still remain committed to improving our forums. Our efforts are driven 100% by the desire to find ways to make our community areas more welcoming for players and encourage more constructive conversations about our games. We will still move forward with new forum features such as conversation threading, the ability to rate posts up or down, improved search functionality, and more. However, when we launch the new StarCraft II forums that include these new features, you will be posting by your StarCraft II Battle.net character name + character code, not your real name. The upgraded World of Warcraft forums with these new features will launch close to the release of Cataclysm, and also will not require your real name.

I want to make sure it's clear that our plans for the forums are completely separate from our plans for the optional in-game Real ID system now live with World of Warcraft and launching soon with StarCraft II. We believe that the powerful communications functionality enabled by Real ID, such as cross-game and cross-realm chat, make Battle.net a great place for players to stay connected to real-life friends and family while playing Blizzard games. And of course, you'll still be able to keep your relationships at the anonymous, character level if you so choose when you communicate with other players in game. Over time, we will continue to evolve Real ID on Battle.net to add new and exciting functionality within our games for players who decide to use the feature.

In closing, I want to point out that our connection with our community has always been and will always be extremely important to us. We strongly believe that Every Voice Matters (http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/mission.html), and we feel fortunate to have a community that cares so passionately about our games. We will always appreciate the feedback and support of our players, which has been a key to Blizzard's success from the beginning.

Mike Morhaime

CEO & Cofounder

Blizzard Entertainment

(Copy Pasta for those who can't see the link)

/win

Oh thank god I can stop hearing people bitch about this.

You arent upset about people being upset, you're upset because you didnt want us to leave.

Ilu2, bb.

But really.. unsure about reactivating. Probably would just be best to wait it out. Since I was on the fence about Starcraft II, this sort of settles it for me. I suppose I wont be making bank by ebaying the collectors edition.

Wait, I meant that the Blizzard's idea agreed to the idea rather than forced into it. Otherwise I would have expected a letter from Kotick.

Is that what you mean?

You arent upset about people being upset, you're upset because you didnt want us to leave.

Ilu2, bb.

But really.. unsure about reactivating. Probably would just be best to wait it out. Since I was on the fence about Starcraft II, this sort of settles it for me. I suppose I wont be making bank by ebaying the collectors edition.

Just shut the hell up and reactivate. We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without ya. I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you. I miss being near you! I miss your laugh! I miss-- I miss your scent. I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

Just shut the hell up and reactivate. We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without ya. I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you. I miss being near you! I miss your laugh! I miss-- I miss your scent. I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

D:

Why doesn't anybody love my musk enough to want to STAY...

Good news is good. I can say that I've let out a sigh of relief. I don't really like being on the fence about things. But I also don't like having choices made for me either. If there are people posting under several character names then those who post/or would post under one name only shouldn't be forced into something.

I most likely don't make sense but I am also posting from the equivalent of grand central so..... yeah.