Sign in to follow this  
Urivial

Sir Urivial Beckett

2ps506g.png

Artwork by Akula!

Full Name: Urivial Beckett

((For the Record, Pronounced: Ur-Iv-Eel))

Nicknames/Titles:Commander, Uri, Bucket

Date of Birth: The 13th of July

Race: Human

Hair: Brown

Skin: White

Eyes: Hazel

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 242 lb

Place of Residence: Ironforge.

Place of Birth: Elwynn forest, in a small cabin.

Known Relatives:

Father Osteos Beckett (Deceased), Evellin Stormguarde (Missing), Taram Juliar (Spouse, Presumed Dead)

Religion: He believes the Light to be both a entity of power, and a tool to be wielded as the user sees fit, so long as the end is worth the means. He does not believe the Light judges, only those with it's power do.

Group/Guild Affiliation: The Dusk Watch.

Allies: Any members of the Dusk Watch, most parts of the Alliance.

Enemies: The Horde who he considers a threat to the Alliance's way of life. The Grim.

Likes: Leading the well-trained forces of the Dusk Watch into battle. Pushing the Horde back into their holes.

Favorite Foods: Most types of meat, some types of mushrooms.

Favorite Drinks: Milk. Water.

Favorite Colors: Anything vibrant.

Weapons of Choice: A two handed sword on his back, and the light from within him.

Dislikes: Evil. The Horde.

Hobbies: Engineering, inventing new contraptions, crafting gems for himself, and his fellow Watch members.

Physical features: Urivial wears the standard armor of a light-wielding paladin, glistening white, high pauldrons, and glowing crystals.

Special Abilities: Only those granted to him by the Light, and those he can give himself using his Engineering Skills. His healing is painful, and his defenses are nowhere near as strong as his offensive capabilities. He is best utilized when pushing an enemy until they shatter before him.

Positive Personality traits: Courageous, quick to take command of a bad situation.

Negative Personality traits: Sometimes unsure of himself in social situations.

Noteable Mounts:

Blueberry: Blueberry, or blue for short is a construct Urivial created using multiple living steel's, numerous River's Heart, and two Serpent's Eyes. An Orb of Mystery, obtained from parting with quite a bit of gold placed inside the construct gives it life, and the ability of flight.

Grand Armored Gryphon: Awarded to him for his work in Krasarang Wilds, this mount seems to mean a lot to Urivial, for reasons not fully known.

Mechano-Hog: While his motorcycle may not have anymore of a name or title then "Uri's Motorcycle" it is still very special to him. After all, would he get a specialized license plate reading out "TDW4EVA" (Reads: Dusk Watch forever) if he did not care? Of course not that would be silly.

History: ((recently revamped.))

Of Beasts and Demons: Will eventually explain a lot of Urivial's backstory.

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?22733-Of-Beasts-and-Demons((Closed))&p=403757#post403757

Urivial was an orphan adopted by Father Osteos Beckett and raised in the ways of the Light. He became a paladin at the age of 19 and traveled north to join the Argent Dawn at Light's Hope Chapel with Father Osteos and his daughter Evellin. Father Oesteos was brutally murdered along the way, but Urivial and Evellin made it to the Light's Hope Chapel. They joined the Argent Dawn, and fought with them for many years. He was then called through the Dark Portal, leaving Evellin in the hands of their closest friend Kuthoren. While Urivial was in Outlands, Kuthoren was killed and raised as a Death Knight, and Evellin was captured. Kuthoren then killed her to prove his loyalty, and she was raised as well.

Because of the way that his sister and father died, Urivial had an intense hatred for worgen and death knights for a few years. This recently ended when he was stopped by a light invoked spirit of his Father, from killing a Death Knight. The Death Knight was his sister, Evellin. Realizing just how badly he'd screwed up, Urivial has since removed himself from Stormwind's affairs, joining a part of the Church in helping their dwarven Allies in the Twilight Highlands, recklessly throwing himself into conflict after conflict to pay for his sins.

Urivial develops a new philosophy. While he still follows the Light, he does not consider himself an enemy of the Dark any longer. He has decided that it is not the Light or Dark who fight, and kill. It is people themselves who are evil or good or just trying to live their lives without problems. This has led him to make friends with a Lich and a Human female with a demon's mind trapped in her body.

In the past months he's put his time and energy into holding back the Horde Warmachine alongside members of the Dusk Watch. He's come to see the Horde as a whole as a threat to the Alliance's existence, based on groups such as the Grim's actions. He has recently asked Taram to marry him.

The End: http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?22096-Pride-Before-the-Fall

... For now.

And then it wasn't. Feel free to read of Urivial's survival in that thread you THOUGHT held his demise.

He has married Taram and they continue to live happily in Ironforge. At the moment he is hard at work managing the Dusk Watch and finding new recruits to bolster it's ranks.

In recent months Urivial has spent time trying to breathe some life back into the broken back of the Alliance. The Horde were given free reign for far too long, and this is clear from the state of things. Still, the Watch grows strong once more, and the Alliance with it. Most Recently, Urivial has taken on the title of Commander, a promotion given to him by Spymaster Daigil Spysprocket.

Taram Juliar has left, and is somewhere far beyond Urivial's reach. He prefers to believe she has died, as the alternative is she's betrayed him, or been taken from him, and is in potential agony. While he will always remain faithful to his missing wife, Urivial throws himself into his work instead of focusing his thoughts on her.

The mists have fallen, and Urivial was one of the first to step foot onto the Island Continent of Pandaria. There are many new races, new foes, and new things to learn about, and Urivial intends for The Dusk Watch to thrive using whatever they can in this new land.

Journal: Read about Urivial's exploits and thoughts here.

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?21195-A-small-black-journal

Blinks lightly looking at the goblin again looking greatly annoyed at it. " What.. who NO I don't know this human you speak of.." she growled out angerly before chucking a empty ink vial at the goblin.

" GUARDS GET THIS GOBLIN OUT OF HERE!! THIS IS HARASSMENT!!" she yelled out the door.

She slammed her book closed with a huff. "For the love of the Light, I don't speak with humans so much anymore! I've no idea who you're talking about...leave me be before I get my big brother on you!" And with that she hit the goblin over the head with her tome.

"No, no. He is FAR too young to be a human with whom I have any past acquaintance, and I should mean to tell you that I have no present knowledge of him now." Lysimachus motions toward the exit and continues, "so, unless you intend to bring him through that door there and introduce us, I suggest that you see yourself through it in the opposite direction."

"Wait, what Cathedral attack?"

Raynell perks an eyebrow, skeptical of the goblin's claims. The goblin produces a parchment of the Stormwind Cathedral assault. Taking the parchment, Raynell scans it over once and nods.

"Ah, yes, I remember that. One in a series of rather ridiculous events. I've put it out of my mind, since the Cathedral assault didn't give us anything in the way of a tactical advantage. As for this Paladin who lost his mentor...well, I am sorry for his loss, but such is the price we pay in a war this drawn out."

She sighs, crumpling the parchment with one hand and tossing it into a vase at the other end of her living room.

"I'm sure when we meet on the field of battle, I will understand his sorrow through the way he fights. It's an Orcish thing, I heard, understanding one's emotions through battle. Perhaps we will come to understand each other in time, regardless of how much blood must be spilt."

Raynell's eyes travel to her shield, which she walks towards and lifts on to her back. "Nimvina will see you on your way out. I have training rounds to complete."

Urivial frowns deeply as he is told what the Blood Knight said. "Put it OUT of her MIND. It was a cruel and callous(sp?) act that truly DIDNT give them anything in the way of tactical advantage. In fact I'd say it only harmed them. It turned ME into their enemy. -sighs, trying to let the anger flow out of him- This Blood Knight should not be so QUICK to put tragedies out of her mind. Those who forget history... are doomed to repeat it.

(( There you go, slipping into Scarlet think again. I do enjoy it, your RP personality always HAS fit the Blood Knight more than a TRUE Paladin. ;-). Who is trolling who?))

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 145lb

((Manorexic paladin. Ahahaha.))

Date of Birth: The 13th of July

((GREEEEAAAAAAT. Another idiot on that day. My god.))

Wyrdassil looked puzzled when the goblin said the name.

"My rival? What?"

"No! Urivial!" proclaimed the goblin.

With a haphazard sigh, Wyrdassil notched slowly reached for an arrow and notched it onto his bow.

Pointing it at the goblin, he muttered, "Stop bothering me with foolish names of people who are of no importance to me!"

The goblin scurried away frantically as arrows were sure to fly if he stayed longer.

Sir Urivial has recently taken a haitus from fighting the menaces that plague the Alliance to take a closer look at the lands he hgas journeyed through in his fairly short life. Going back through his past to see the peoples he befriended and the peoples he fought and killed. This time of reflection and discovery has earned Sir Urivial a coveted place among a very select group. The Loremasters. This has given him the right to henceforth go by the title, Sir Urivial the Loremaster.

-Ingrith Listens to the Goblins Description carefully-

"Oh, the Worgen hater... yes, I know him, it's sad that he's so heavily swayed by his mistrust, otherwise I believe he'd be a fine man, and paladin for the alliance, I've tried to talk to him, but he's resistant to any sort of cause or reason. He also seems to prefer to place blame on those whom act out, and let it overshadow upon those who have done nothing wrong."

-Ingrith shrugs a bit- "He's a good paladin, I personally feel if he got over his hate, he'd be a better man as well though, don't tell him I said that though." -she smirks-

"Urivial Beckett?"

Evellin adjusts her weight uncomfortably, grimacing in pain. Her eyes narrow in unconcealed hatred. "Twice, now, he has fought me. Twice the Light has taken its toll." Growling, Eve motions to her bandages. "That man- if he can even be called such- tells ME I cannot love for the monster I am, and then proceeds to injure the man I do love. To...what? Teach me a lesson? That only proves HIM to be the ruthless, heartless bastard. I hold no love in my heart for the Light or its followers; fel 'n fire, I'd kill the whole, arrogant lot myself. But this one is different. Worse. This one..."

Shaking her head, the pirate captain returns her attention to the bar. "I will end him. Don't you worry..."

"Oh.. him? The grumpy Paladin..?"

Nika frowned, and folded her arms across her chest. Her brow knitted thoughtfully, as she slouched lower against the wall. She pressed back into the shadows, her eyes lifting past the goblin to sweep over the dimly lit tavern.

"I don't know what I think of him.. I think we share a similar viewpoint on certain things, like the Worgen.. But he seems so abrasive.. hostile. I don't trust him.." She flicked a glance back down at the goblin. "He also wanted to kill Vlynor during a fight, last night.. put a knife to his throat.. threatened to kill him later. Doesn't seem like the way I picture a Paladin.. So yeah.."

She pushed off the wall, and slipped to the side. Only her voice carried back to the goblin, as he turned around, trying to figure out where she had disappeared to.

"I don't trust him."

Yueme glances back and forth as if expecting the man himself to pop out without notice, leaning in she cupped her mouth with her hand, keeping her voice low. " I think he's crazy..." Backing away slightly she nodded, a rare frown on her face, genuine hatred in her eyes. She recalled the day she was gathering herbs along a river, when he suddenly attacked her, finally snaring her in a light woven net, besting her ally in battle then using light to super heat his sword and traced it along her flesh before betting her between the eyes with the pommel of his sword. "He hunted me down in ulUdum, carved his 'mark' into my leg and for what? To try and scare me off? For a second... he stroked my hair and I thought he'd let me go... I can't get his voice out of my head. " The venom that dripped in her voice seemed out of place for the usual cheery night elf, at the corners of her eyes tears pricked her vision. After a moment an exasperated huff came from her lips and she, in defense of suddenly feeling guilty, crossed her arms under her chest. " I strongly believe people are good, after all we are all children of Elune... but with him I doubt it."

*Kirana looks down from the back of Hippogrpyh, Kaia, as she hears a slight scoffing sound.* "Is there something I can help you with, sir?" *She said to the goblin, as she looked down to him, her voice calm.*

"I was wondering if you'd be willing to comment on a person, that you may know."

*She raises one brow.* "That depends on who. You can ask me, and see what my answer is."

"Urivial Beckett. He's a Paladin like yourself."

"Urivial Beckett?" *She scoffs slightly at the mention of his name, but quickly corrects herself. "I can't say I know him well. I've only encountered him a few times, but from those times, I can truthfully tell you, that I'm not fond of him, in the least bit. He claims to be a Paladin. Pity, he doesn't act like one. He judges others, like he has a right to, which he doesn't. Paladins, are not supposed to be known for going around, and judging others. At least not in the sense he's doing it. He's a self righteous fool, and that's all her ever will be."

Kaia lets out a shrill shriek. "Now if you will please excuse me, I have other matters to attend to." With that she picks up the reins of her mount, and clucks her tongue sharply once. The Hippogryph, lets out another shrill shriek and ruffled her feathers. "Now you have my opinion on him. Please excuse me, I really must be going." She clucks her tongue sharply once more, and Kaia takes off into the sky, and flies off into the distance, quickly vanishing from sight.

Incan purses her lips, "Yeah, yeah. I know him. It's just..." Her voice trails off as she stares at her hands for a long moment. "Well, there was that whole nasty things with him and Yueme, right? But when I actually meet the fellow..." The Elf sighs, running a hand through her hair as she looks up at the reporter, a small frown on her face. "He and the Dusk Watch save me when I'm in a, tight spot, right? He said he was sorry about what happened with him and Yueme, but -" Her eyes narrow, and she stares just to the side of the reporter as she thinks, muttering to herself. "-I just don't really believe him for that last bit. I'm thankful for his help though."

Ivan Zephyr waves his hand dismissively, "Another self-righteous Paladin. He certainly isn't the first."

The Goblin Reporter arches a brow and pokes him as the Warlock had turned around to the bar, "M...mr. Ze....zephyr...he's a member of the Watch though." The Goblin takes a few steps back and guards itself -- when asked about another of his guildmates, the Warlock had cast an Immolation spell on him

Ivan shrugs, "So? That doesn't change my opinion. Now leave me be before I do more than just set you on fire for a few seconds."

((Bump because Urivial has been interacting with more of you guys lately, so you should have stuff to say -nodnod-... comment on my bio and I'll comment on yours? :o))