Anaie

Rogue PVP assistance

In all seriousness? For casual play? Anything. Whatever weapons ypu have and the best spec to fit them, for most rogues that is a dagger spec, and you can basically build something to match your play style, envenom is cookie cutter for the most part, sub can be customised a bit more, but really the rest is up to you and just learning your play style and what you need for your class. ( more often than not, that just comes down to "a better set of daggers").

Arena doesn't take that much time really, set aside an hour or two a week that you and your team can play on, and play on that day. You won't ever hit 2200 by being minimalistic, but if you know your shit you can probably at least hit 1800 and maintain it.

Arena doesn't take that much time really, set aside an hour or two a week that you and your team can play on, and play on that day. You won't ever hit 2200 by being minimalistic, but if you know your shit you can probably at least hit 1800 and maintain it.

You're a fountain of lol's, the best part is how unintentional it is on your part.

Meh, too much real life for another hour for this game heh.

I usually pvp in my pve gear, as it is good, and use my standard Mutilate spec. I'm a glass cannon. I do pretty well, just have to choose my battles. Was just looking for some tips to move along more towards actual pvp gear to live a bit longer here and there.

I read this thread and feel the need to correct several posts on this topic before getting to the jist of rogue pvp.

lol@peoplenotat900resilorabove

I've played multiple chars to 1800-1950 (in 2s) this season, with anywhere from 100 resil to as much as 1100 resil (a rogue). Resil is not all that matters, infact the last few rogues I've gotten to 1800 for weapons, I've TAKEN OFF resil gear and ran with around 500-600.

Disregard this post. Sub has np with plate, and any build can nuke clothies in minimum resil.

Sub's damage is purely physical, the damage on plate is 100% laughable UNLESS you stack arp, however that makes you kinda blah vs casters, however it is still very viable. My friend litrecola uses it and does fine.

Pretty much what Peri said.

Envenom is easier to play.

Sub is more difficult to play, however when played effectively it can be monstrous.

If you do choose sub, for the most part I ignore Expose armor and just open direclty with Prem -> SND -> Cheap Shot -> Shadow Dance -> Ambush, Ambush -> Kidneyshot -> Ambush -> Ambush . . so on.

Envenom is hard, consistent damage, sub is quick, controlled burst. I have yet to see a single rogue on TN who actually plays sdance properly, stick to envenom until you have a lot of experience as a rogue IMO.

You're fucking bad.

1400 resil.

Get like me.

Oh, and uh.

Rogue.. You uh, stab things with your knife and it's all like.. Cool and shit with the poisons and the blood and all that jazz.

Ya know?

There is no class in this game that should feel the need to run 1400 resil in arenas, not a single one, the highest I would go is 1200ish, unless you literally have access to no pve gear (doubtable pve is a joke now). Running that much resil really gimps you in today's arena.

900 resil is just the minimum if you don't want to get eaten alive in two casts from a shaman.

Wrong again, you can get to 1800 running around 700ish with most comps just fine, as long as you play smart and well.

False.

In 3's and 5's people hard switch the hell out of rogues after cloak goes down and vanish has been used, and can easily get them used with some CC's and/or DoT's.

For 3s Generally around 1k resil is the norm for rogues, 5s on the other hand you need to run full PvP gear because your job is not damage, your job is to lock someone down while harry potter (the wizards on your team) do the damage.

So... Swerto... When was the last time you had an 1800 weapon?

1800 does not make a player good, please stop acting like it does.

As rogue rogue pvp, go envenom, get some pve gear, and get another dps and go to 1800, once you get used to using your CC and whatnot it will be extremely easy for you to get 1800, double dps is not amazingly gear dependant just nuke something. Healer/dps on the otherhand is more gear dependant on the DPS because it's just you trying to kill something (in today's arena, thats lulz as a rogue)

I read this post and felt the desire to correct some things before getting to the gist of the OP's desired topic.

good stuff to know about the arena items, but I don't really have time/desire for that... more world pvp, bg's and WG.

I read this post and felt the desire to correct some things before getting to the gist of the OP's desired topic.

There's nothing wrong with a slight deviation from the original intent of the topic, particularly when it's called something simple like "Rogue PvP assistance".

I'm not gonna edit anything posted so far, but there are a few examples of people needing to play nicer and lighten the hell up here. Look at your post; if you feel like I'm talking to you, I probably am.

(Note, this is not directed at Demitri. My first paragraph was my full response to him.)

The posts on the topic where already pretty far off base of the original topic and what was suggested, and I'm pretty sure most of the posts I quoted had very little to do with the original topic at hand anyway ;)

However, when arguing a point, it is better to quote and correct and then give an opinion rather than just give an opinion in my book ;)

Also, as per the original topic, you need 5% hit (6% if you worry about nelfs, most pvpers dont), after that as a mutillate rogue, nothing but AP should be gemmed, anything else is a damage loss overall. The only time a rogue should deviate from AP is if going sub with pve arp gear, in which they should gem some arp.

There's nothing wrong with a slight deviation from the original intent of the topic, particularly when it's called something simple like "Rogue PvP assistance".

I'm not gonna edit anything posted so far, but there are a few examples of people needing to play nicer and lighten the hell up here. Look at your post; if you feel like I'm talking to you, I probably am.

(Note, this is not directed at Demitri. My first paragraph was my full response to him.)

You fail to take into account that I just like being an ass where I can on occasion, if just because it feels good.

"Envenom is hard, consistent damage, sub is quick, controlled burst. I have yet to see a single rogue on TN who actually plays sdance properly, stick to envenom until you have a lot of experience as a rogue IMO."

I've been playing a rogue for five years :P

I didn't contradict those points you just made, so I fail to see why you made them.

"Envenom is hard, consistent damage, sub is quick, controlled burst. I have yet to see a single rogue on TN who actually plays sdance properly, stick to envenom until you have a lot of experience as a rogue IMO."

I've been playing a rogue for five years :P

I didn't contradict those points you just made, so I fail to see why you made them.

You may be playing a rogue for 5 years, however the skill-cap for sub is extremely high, could you pull it off in BGs shadowstep ambushing kids with 20k health sure, is it fun or will you have any real idea wtf you're doing? nope.

What I'm getting out of this is that Subtlety rogues are serious business.

No, Dio, ALL rogues are srs bsns.

I may not play my sub rogue with the greatest efficiency, or skill ,but it's still a helluva lot more fun that mutilate.

I never found ambushing people with no resil/health as "fun", and short of doing that, your damage is pretty lackluster compared to mut. I'd rather kill all people all the time than just low resil people. ;*O

I never found ambushing people with no resil/health as "fun", and short of doing that, your damage is pretty lackluster compared to mut. I'd rather kill all people all the time than just low resil people. ;*O

Shadowstep and shadow dance make the difference in playstyle for me. Being able to pop out extra stuns out if the need be, or extra burst, is awesome. Also, <3 Shadowstep (greatest rogue ability ever).

Also prep + premed is always awesome.

I do have his offspec as mutilate for those times where mutilate would be better, and better is demanded, however.

You may be playing a rogue for 5 years, however the skill-cap for sub is extremely high, could you pull it off in BGs shadowstep ambushing kids with 20k health sure, is it fun or will you have any real idea wtf you're doing? nope.

Er what?

And please don't make assumptions about me being shit or whatever you want. You don't know me.

Anyway, I am done with this conversation.

Good luck! :)

Er what?

And please don't make assumptions about me being shit or whatever you want. You don't know me.

Anyway, I am done with this conversation.

Good luck! :)

I can assure you, I've played with you and against you ;)

I just killed a rogue on my damage shield via SHIELD block when she burned killing spree. She called me a cheater for using a 40 second cooldown when she burned evasion, blind, sprint, and then of course killing spree.

I love rogues who make horrid excuses.

(BOLD IS FOR TEXT I MESSED UP)

Just here to say - I tried out PvP on my rogue. It is official, I suck at rogue. Too many cooldowns to manage. Doesn't make sense in my head.

Also, vanish blows.

Of course being 71 and going against a Sargeras group of 7 paladins in full T6 didn't help me.