Anaie

Rogue PVP assistance

ok. I am finally getting around to building a pvp set and just wanted to get some opinions as to what route I should go.

I don't do arenas so, take that into consideration with suggestions please!

my current PVP build is 41/5/25

what should rogues be gemming for that type of build? Attack Power still?

Any gear/enchant tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Standard Mut builds are going by the wayside for Mut/Envenom builds, which sacrifice some control for larger burst. This burst is specifically noticeable against plate targets. The gemming is the same; AP. You'll have less to worry about in regards to Armor Pen as well.

Mut builds will usually unsure a more steady stream of dps. However, a subtlety build will give you enough burst to take down most clothies in under 5 seconds. Assuming they aren't in over 600 resil gear, that is. Combat is going to be a bad choice unless you're between levels 20 and 49.

(Edit) Subtlety is screwed 1v1 against any plate wearers.

Mut builds will usually unsure a more steady stream of dps. However, a subtlety build will give you enough burst to take down most clothies in under 5 seconds. Assuming they aren't in over 600 resil gear, that is. Combat is going to be a bad choice unless you're between levels 20 and 49.

lol@peoplenotat900resilorabove

This one time people had to gear up. Also, I barely run over 900 resil. Just don't really need it. That, and my shit gear doesn't provide it. That's another story though, one about me being bad.

(Edit) Subtlety is screwed 1v1 against any plate wearers.

Disregard this post. Sub has np with plate, and any build can nuke clothies in minimum resil.

OH YEAH! ROGUE TIPS! I AM GOING TO POST THE FUCK OUT OF THIS!

...uh...

yeah...

....And... I am spent.

Seriously though, when it comes down to it, envenom is just easier, 4 button badass, what have you... Sub has ALOT more utility but is alot harder to play sense you have to plan ahead, and you have to have max burst potential rolling (expose armor, slice and dice) with a good stunlock to maximise the shadow dance. But sub CAN take down plate and high resilence targets. Just dont plan to play it while drunk (it is balls hard) or if you have lag. Personally, I have been rolling envenom lately because I like being able to drunkenly slap my dick on my key board and see something die.

Oh, And the Standard envenom build is going to look something like 44/2/25.

OH YEAH! ROGUE TIPS! I AM GOING TO POST THE FUCK OUT OF THIS!

...uh...

yeah...

....And... I am spent.

Seriously though, when it comes down to it, envenom is just easier, 4 button badass, what have you... Sub has ALOT more utility but is alot harder to play sense you have to plan ahead, and you have to have max burst potential rolling (expose armor, slice and dice) with a good stunlock to maximise the shadow dance. But sub CAN take down plate and high resilence targets. Just dont plan to play it while drunk (it is balls hard) or if you have lag. Personally, I have been rolling envenom lately because I like being able to drunkenly slap my dick on my key board and see something die.

Oh, And the Standard envenom build is going to look something like 44/2/25.

Pretty much what Peri said.

Envenom is easier to play.

Sub is more difficult to play, however when played effectively it can be monstrous.

If you do choose sub, for the most part I ignore Expose armor and just open direclty with Prem -> SND -> Cheap Shot -> Shadow Dance -> Ambush, Ambush -> Kidneyshot -> Ambush -> Ambush . . so on.

lol@peoplenotat900resilorabove

You're fucking bad.

1400 resil.

Get like me.

Oh, and uh.

Rogue.. You uh, stab things with your knife and it's all like.. Cool and shit with the poisons and the blood and all that jazz.

Ya know?

You're fucking bad.

1400 resil.

Get like me.

Oh, and uh.

Rogue.. You uh, stab things with your knife and it's all like.. Cool and shit with the poisons and the blood and all that jazz.

Ya know?

900 resil is just the minimum if you don't want to get eaten alive in two casts from a shaman.

900 resil is just the minimum if you don't want to get eaten alive in two casts from a shaman.

900 is all you really need if your running Arenas or anything for that matter with others, since your never really the main focus and if you are, 900 or 1500 it wont really matter at that point.

900 is all you really need if your running Arenas or anything for that matter with others, since your never really the main focus and if you are, 900 or 1500 it wont really matter at that point.

False.

In 3's and 5's people hard switch the hell out of rogues after cloak goes down and vanish has been used, and can easily get them used with some CC's and/or DoT's.

This post is confusing because I at first thought you were saying this in general, but now I'm kind-of thinking you meant this for rogues specifically.

Rogues actually are oftentimes a major target. They put out a lot of hurt, and go down hard. That being said, the resilience doesn't really do so much for them as it does for say, a Restoration Shaman (who has to stack around 1300-1400 to remain some semblance of alive).

Also, to Swerto in seriousness, PvE heroes are still alive. There is no minimum resilience.

I'm just saying as a rogue starting arenas and not in full wrathful there is no need to worry about getting your resil above the low 900s, it would take gems if your human and don't use the faction trinket. If you do use the trinket it doesnt really matter, you will push 1k resil. Yes, I understand what your saying about 3s and 5s, but would say 1200-1400 over 900 resil really make a difference when you become the target?

I'm only passing on the 900 min based on what all the wonderful Theory crafters say for us. As for other classes, I haven't a clue.

I'm just saying as a rogue starting arenas and not in full wrathful there is no need to worry about getting your resil above the low 900s, it would take gems if your human and don't use the faction trinket. If you do use the trinket it doesnt really matter, you will push 1k resil. Yes, I understand what your saying about 3s and 5s, but would say 1200-1400 over 900 resil really make a difference when you become the target?

I'm only passing on the 900 min based on what all the wonderful Theory crafters say for us. As for other classes, I haven't a clue.

Yup, it would.

In 5's lots of higher end players run full resil sets and stop mixing PvE in, Viiper himself (2600 rogue on our server) goes full resil set with no PvE for arena and sits on at least 1200 because of it, if not more.

I understand your point, I'm just saying it isn't true all the time that minimum resilience is best, it's really too situational to say what method is best once you have all options available.

I have a question for our Rogue experts.

Based on the preliminary talent trees for Cataclysm, what sort of Subtlety build would you suggest?