Niethan

Niethan

Full Name: Muir Marinus

Nicknames: Niethan

Date of Birth: February 12

Race: Troll

Hair: Dark Blue

Skin: Pale blue, with slight coloration patterns in the scales.

Eyes: Red. Slit pupils.

Height: 7'9"-- he stands remarkably straight, due to changes in his spine.

Weight: Averages 168 lbs -- Niethan is quite thin compared to normal, but plates are heavy.

Place of residence: Sanctuary Guildhall, also home of Sulajin Bloodbreaze

Place of Birth: Zul'Mashar

Known Relatives: None living. Has an 'adoptive' parent named Vitusacles. Also has two known living tribesmen-- Kayzi (medicine woman in Revantusk) and Dazheri. Also recently gave birth to twin girls by Sulajin Bloodbreaze.

Religion/Philosophy: Loa worship. Worships in particular the lesser Loa Samedi, troll god of the dead. Also seems to be developing a facination with Naaru and the Light.

Group/Guild affiliation: Sanctuary

Guild Rank: Scrapper

Enemies: Varied. Known arch-nemesies are Ducks.

Favorite Foods: Pastries, raw fish, raw internal organs. Often consumes anything high in mana.

Favorite Drinks: Water, cider, ethermead.

Favorite Colors: Anything colorful. Does not seem to be entirely fond of red.

Weapons of Choice: Bows, crossbows, guns, greatswords, polearms.

Dislikes: Indecision, discrimination

Hobbies: Cooking, cleaning, making jewelry.

Physical Features:

Niethan's body had to be regrown by Clys after his death, and has thus assumed a uniformly mutated build, due to the corruption in his genetics by Elemental Water and Hakkar.

He retains the saurine build to his legs and claws, but his limbs and his back are covered in a blue plated exoskeleton, morphing into scales under the skin on his chest and underside. Though still recognisable, his facial features have been slightly altered by the process, particularly his eyes. The quills remain, growing from his scalp and often hiding in his hair. The last addition to his form is a long, thick tail, also plated and scaled and ending in a sharp hook and spike. Though not a fine manipulator, it does seem flexible enough to use as an impromtu grappling hook in a pinch.

Special Abilities: Is capable of producing a potentially large bioelectric shock. Able to breathe water through use of gills. Appears to have a connection to the forces of Water, particularly the ocean. Through a strange fluke, is connected to the Emerald Dreaming, though for what purpose is unknown. Regeneration may be particularly hardy-- he seems to walk (or limp) away from most disasters.

Niethan carries a highly communicable STD that allows him (and anyone infected) to switch gender, more or less at will.

Note: An arcane Rune is inscribed on his chest, which appears to have multiple capabilities; most notably its ability to change and evolve, and to absorb and adapt to magical energies.

Positive Personality Traits: Kindhearted, sense of right/wrong, extremely forgiving.

Negative Personality Traits: Cowardice, berzerking, sociopathy.

Misc. Quirks: Rather insecure, he nonetheless shows hints of having a stronger will and personality than what he chooses to act upon. Is able to write common, and to a lesser extend, speak and understand it. Tends to build up an electric charge in his sleep, resulting in an anti-missile defense system when people throw things at him. Is watched over by a member of the green dragonflight, a supposed whelp named Cissix who claims to be his 'case worker.'

Played by What Famous Person:

Theme Songs:

St. Gabriel's Mask ((http://www.ecco-darksea.com/music.php last download))

Schism - Tool

History:

Muir was a halfbred born to the Mossflayer tribe, and despite the enemity gained from this, he lived relatively peacefully with his mother Nahal and his older brother Mazin.

Roughly six years ago, his brother and pregnant mother fell ill, but the first signs of infection were not recognised as the plague of undeath. On the day his little sister was to be born, Muir witnessed a horrific sight; the baby was born rotted and plagued, and as he fled from the scene he encountered his brother, now dead and arisen. He stabbed Mazin with a practice sword and fled, throwing himself into the ocean to the north.

He washed up on the other side of the world, and was taken in by Vitusacles, a trollish woman-- also a halfbred, adopted by the Darkspears. She raised and supported him until he was of age, then took him to the Moonglade, as per his desire to become a druid. He was refused off the bat, so Vitusacles instead took him to the Valley of Trials, and enlisted him as a Hunter.

*Shadowspeak sighs and looks at the ground*

"I believe I know niethan, yes. I'm also quite prone to hurting him without knowing it or thinking strait. I'm almost saddened from the time in Azshara...."

Niethan's one of my best friends. I'd put my life on the line for him, anyday. He's sweet and caring, and even if what Witness did to Sulajin is awful.. I still like him, too. He did help me, after all.

Niet'an? Ya mon, we be goin way back. I rememba de first day I be meetin him. Actually, was de day I summoned T' Ihn... It din' end well. We wound up at each otha's throats quicka den anyt'in!

*Chuckles*

Kinda set de tone fo' de relationship... He be a loyal friend, an' a strong Troll. I be trustin him wit my life on mo' den one occasion. Sometimes mo'...

*Overheard prior to Sulajin's death*

Met dis one in da Rest Inn Peace...he definetly be a strange one. Tried tellin me all the happenins of da world till some voidwalker attacked it, then he fought some other peoples and eventually yelled crazyness and ran out da door! He seemed nice ta me if a little strange, though, not sure why hes always fightin everebody.

Quick! Holdeng... what is it? Watcher? Yes it must be! For Watcher will bring Azeroth's weak and lumpish to their knees and this Niethan character shall aid us in the Asylum for all that we desire to do.

I just have to get my hands on that troll.. ooh... he will bring me such fame!

A good troll. Needs to learn to stand up for himself though. I hope we've been able to help with that. I'll always do my best to give him aid, he needs it. Sometimes I worry that he is not standing on his own two feet, and I'm just reinforcing that. Oh well, hes got Sigrun, she'll take care of him.

"Not so sure what to think about him...he seems to think I'm nice, but troubled. Which I am most certainly not. He freaked out once, when I spoke to him in a harsh tone...He's kind of hard to read."

I am likely to avoid trusting any Aman'i that does not claim alliegence to the Revantusks, especially those MossFlayers and Witherbarks.

The Aman'i all betreyed the Horde when Zul'jin was no longer around to command them. As such, they are all marked, save the Revantusks, with the trait of treachery.

That troll is insane. Insanely jelous of Vilmah, and almost beyond recognition as a troll. Fights like an animal, always using his claws. Still, I ~did~ manage to take off his tusks. I would fight beside him if I trusted him.

Timu

I find a lot of things about Niethan odd, especially his friendship with Sulajin which I'll *never* understand. He's got a good head on his shoulders, a kind heart in his chest and an extreme devotion to his friends. He helped me with my problem, now it's my turn to help him with his.

I'll get him. Eventually. EVENTUALLY. He's cause me much trouble, but he is weak. And unhelpful. He is troublesome too. His stupid cat is the one thats probably saved his life a hundred times over. Without the stupid beast I would have already had him. Self concious.

"I met him one day at the inn I visited, and he seemed to be good friends with Diomades."

She pouts slightly.

"He liked to make fun of me kissing him, though.."

"Niethan is a nice guy, but sometimes I have to question the way he goes about some things. Sometimes he can be extremely sensitive and caring, and others he seems completely unaware or uncaring of what he says sometimes."

He pauses a moment in thought before speaking again.

"Despite our disagreements, I respect him for what he goes through... even if most of it he seems to bring on himself."

"Once you have seen one troll, you have seen them all..."

Hailos stares at the goblin.

"Laugh now... I’m not going to...."

Niethan and I met last night....And it turns out he and I have much in common. I hope to spend more time with this troll in the near future, as I think that talking with him will help me to understand myself.

He's a troll....... I think.....

I haven't seen many trolls. Just them ones that came to the farm once in a while to trade fish for boar with Pa. They didn't look like this feller. Not much anyway.

He must be from far ..far away. Like the Barrens. That would 'splain the scales. and the feathers on his head. and the tail. maybe.

He seems friendly enough.

I met Niethan once or twice, long ago. Before he ... changed. Imagine my surprise when I met him again this past night. The spirits only know what he's been through. But whatever it was, it doesn't seem to have broken him.