Aleria Fadeleaf

Fury PVP and Shields?

Keep in mind that this thread is about warriors (take that Ryoku). And also keep in mind that respect and civility when engaging in conversation with fellow beings is expected when posting around here.

All threads are about rogues.

All threads are about rogues.

Rogues do it from behind.

All threads are about doing it from behind.

Glyph of prep isnt all that valuable due to Dismantles 10 sec cool down

But this is about Fury warriors not Rogues

Double disarm/kick makes prep one of the best arena glyphs in the game at the moment, which is why alot of top rogues use it. Being able to dismantle the warriors burst cooldown AND defensive CD is amazing, and it makes warrior near useless =/

That being said, fury might actually stand more of a chance against a rogue than a arms. hmmm id have to test it

Bladestorm is -not- burst.

Bladestorm is sustained 5 seconds of damage that is inferior to execute+MS+overpower chains in damage. If you're talking SS+Bladestorm, only idiots stand next to eachother while a warrior is bladestorming. The only reason bladestorm is so good because without a disarm or a DK pulling you away, it's 5 seconds you ARE doing damage and are immune to slowing effects and CC.

And why burn a prep cooldown when you can simply blind a warrior through his shield wall (because chances are he's burned his trinket already at this point) and go hit someone else. And if he hasn't burned his trinket, watch him burn it and then stunlock him once the cooldown is up.

Bladestorm is -not- burst.

Bladestorm is sustained 5 seconds of damage that is inferior to execute+MS+overpower chains in damage. If you're talking SS+Bladestorm, only idiots stand next to eachother while a warrior is bladestorming. The only reason bladestorm is so good because without a disarm or a DK pulling you away, it's 5 seconds you ARE doing damage and are immune to slowing effects and CC.

And why burn a prep cooldown when you can simply blind a warrior through his shield wall (because chances are he's burned his trinket already at this point) and go hit someone else. And if he hasn't burned his trinket, watch him burn it and then stunlock him once the cooldown is up.

But bladestorm IS the warriors burst cooldown, its something he doesnt have to manage rage durring he just storms and wins.. It's pretty important. Also, you're going to blind a warrior through shield wall huh? What about the fact he has stacks of deadly poison on him when you shield wall? Or another dot from your partner maybe? Maybe a bleed from your burst (bleeds vs warrior is good). Why not use blind to force a trinket on a healer? Blinding a warrior shield wall is basically doing nothing, he isn't getting attacked, that's his goal!

You're mixing up burst with clutch move+damage. Warrior's burst is from execute/overpower procs timed correctly with mortal strikes with hamstring/rend up for maximized damage. Also dismantling a bladestorm outside of a situation where they're about to kill a healer or another teammate is quite silly, when you could avoid most of the damage by burning evasion/feint (burning evasion outside of bladestorm = overpower magnet). It's much better to either burn the dismantle early so the warrior has to burn a cooldown on you to slow your damage down, or to save it for the shield wall. It completely depends on the situation of course, there is no 'best' time to use dismantle, I just think it's silly to use dismantle twice on the same person, seems like a waste of a 5 min cooldown (granted all cooldowns get reset at the beginning of each match, but I still find it silly).

What if you need to vanish a second time? Sprint? Too bad you just burnt your prep on a second dismantle to stop a warrior from not taking damage when you could have shut them down other ways. Yes, some top people use the glyph, I just never found it all that useful, if it added cloak of skill to prep as well I'd probably grab it, but only because a third disease/poison cloak (due to dwarf racial), second magic cloak would be amazing. Second dismantle just seemed like a wasted cooldown to me.

I dunno, don't listen to me. No I don't have a arena team with a 2200 rating, but I've got a basic understanding of the class and I've played it with success. It's not like an MRP comp is extremely hard to work with, so I don't quite understand why everyone bows down and worships any rogue with a high rating.

1: Can Bladestorm be interrupted/kited? Like say by Chains of Ice? Or interrupted by Hammer of Justice?

2: Switching weps in a fight is why I don't play Warrior, though it is a fun class (Mines 39) at 80 it just seems like they get squashed, unless of course they are in a really good group in which case its like "Holy shit run away" but that's for arms warriors and bladestorm.

1: Can Bladestorm be interrupted/kited? Like say by Chains of Ice? Or interrupted by Hammer of Justice?

No, but it can be disarmed.

2: Switching weps in a fight is why I don't play Warrior, though it is a fun class (Mines 39) at 80 it just seems like they get squashed, unless of course they are in a really good group in which case its like "Holy shit run away" but that's for arms warriors and bladestorm.

Aww, but switching weapons in combat is fun!

This is why I don't PvP on my warrior. I definitely don't have the skills for stance-dancing, weapon swaps, etc. etc. Prot PvP would probably be awesome, but I can't do it on principle.

But... Fury warriors don't have Bladestorm....

And Aleria points out the crux of the problem! This is a tread about Fury warriors NOT Arms!

That said, IMO Fury isn't viable in PvP.

Bladestorm is a move that makes you spin and move in whatever direction you want, whirlwinding every second for five seconds. You are immune to all CC and slowing effects. A DK can death grip you away to save his friends, and a rouge, shadow priest, or another warrior can disarm you and cancel the bladestorm completely. Smart warriors and rogues do not burn a disarm on bladestorm unless it's about to kill a friend, instead they burn cooldowns that give them an advantage against the warrior and save the disarm for shutting down the warrior after the storm.

Warriors can turn another warrior's bladestorm into damage for themselves by burning shield wall and shield block, and revenging through it. A rogue can simply burn evasion/feint and continue fighting through it while taking little to no damage. Rogues can also burn their sprint and run, or shadow step another player if they're subtlety, Or shadowstep the warrior and use the speed boost from shadowstep to get out of range.

There are so many ways to get away from bladestorm that it seems silly to burn a disarm on it when you could better use it to shut down a warrior's burst later, with the exception being a teammate is going to eat that damage and die if you don't.

(Warrior's burst is Execute/Overpower procs chained correctly with mortal strike with rend and hamstring up to maximize damage and reduce chance of escape, it's a lot more damage than a single bladestorm, the exception being a sweeping strikes enhanced bladestorm with two idiots who stand next to eachother through it and eat two bladestorms.)

Warriors can turn another warrior's bladestorm into damage for themselves by burning shield wall and shield block, and revenging through it.

I hadn't thought of this... I'll have to give it a try the next time I run into an arms warrior.

On a side note, is there any concievable way to defeat paladins? There was a level 72 (same level as Anolyn) paladin who was wiping guards and players like crazy today at Valiance Keep. My defensive CDs utterly failed, and it didn't even have to bubble to kill me, or the death knight... or the five guards who were attacking at the same time.

Fury can't do it, because you have 6 second revenges, just like I said earlier. Arms can do it because we can revenge every single one of their whirlwinds in that bladestorm right back at them for full damage, you can revenge one and in the end you still take more damage. Prot has 6 second revenges too, but they cleave to a nearby enemy and do a fuck ton more damage. Fury is not viable.

Yatokth is a terrible warrior.

That being said, Arms isn't all easy-peasy. Especially if you're bad.

Let's use baddie Yatokth for example. Yatokth is so bad, he enters the arena and immediately charges the other team without waiting for his mates and starts a bladestorm up, thinking he's some sort of badass. Unfortunately for this god awful sonofabitch, he chased behind a pillar and LOS'd his healer and is now getting his dick ripped out by a bloodlusted mage and an ele Shaman working in greater unison to achieve pinnacle retarded burst. Yatokth could pop his sword and board and shieldwall up with some reflects until his healer gets to him, but you have to remember that he's just awful, and a fucking warrior! Believing he can beast through and kill the ele Shaman (who's backed by a mo'fuckin' druid, BITCH) he keeps his 2hander and wails at the poor ele Shaman. As he beats the Shaman down to 5k he's out of battle stance ability cds and the Shaman starts a lava burst, quickly with the speed of a cold Jackrabbit on a Sunday afternoon he switches to his zerker stance and pops a WHIRLWIND for a madd burst of 2k damage to take the Shaman down, to which he notices the Shaman's now at full because he has a Druid healer. As the Lava Burst finishes, Yatokth realizes too little too late that he should have used that GCD for a pummel, and sobs vigorously as he stares at the fateful words "You have died, release to the nearest graveyard?" and waits as his teammates fall, and the match is lost. -40 points all because Yatokth is fucking an idiot.

And that's why warrior is hard.

ITS NOT MY FAULT ELEMENTUL SHAMAMAMANS ARE BROKDED

Warriors can turn another warrior's bladestorm into damage for themselves by burning shield wall and shield block, and revenging through it.

Throwing in my token "stop being retarded Swerto":

If you shield wall during Bladestorm when fighting another Warrior with no additional pressure on you, you are awesomefucktarded.

Shield Block will give you twice the pressure on them, and you take almost no damage. Don't waste SW on Bladestorm.

UNLESS DER IS ELEMUNTAL SHAMAMAMAN

Note for Fhenrir: My sarcasm is showing. Also you're a bad mod.

I didn't mean them together, I meant those are both options. You have two cooldowns, a five minute and a thirty second one.

Shield block is a minute cooldown if not talented into it in the prot tree, and it only gets to 40 seconds unless you're sporting four pieces of t9 tank gear.

One minute, thirty seconds, close enough I suppose.

I didn't mean them together, I meant those are both options. You have two cooldowns, a five minute and a thirty second one.

Point, but if SB is down, it's better to just burst through BStorm with normal 2H abilities - you will keep up, if not outdamage them. Then SW once Bstorm is OVER and outlast the rest of the life bar.

As stated before, disarms are better used to stop burst or to save teammates, wasting it on a bladestorm that's just hitting you or someone else who isn't going to really die from it is silly when you can turn the bladestorm into damage for you and make the warrior kill themselves by hitting you, or just burn another cooldown and just avoid it all together, thus wasting the other warrior's bladestorm.

As fury, yeah disarm it because your spec sucks and it's the only way to slow down your own death. Just don't be surprised when I hit g and disarm you right back, and you suffer a disarm twice as long as mine because I haz weapon mastery.

Why not just pop over to defensive stance and disarm?

Because I played the game when you couldn't do that.

Also because it's better to peel, as Swerto said, for instance when that warrior is bstorming your healer buddy.

But mostly cause I played the game when you couldn't do that.

You're still without bladestorm though, and given that most arms warriors that I've run into live and die by bladestorm, that's something that you can't discount from consideration.

It's still better to turn that bladestorm into damage for YOU than to just take it away, the disarm is better used to save your friend or stop actual burst. Bladestorm is -not- burst unless it is combined with sweeping strikes. It's reliable sustained damage for 5 seconds where you are CC immune. You take away a bladestorm from a warrior he'll just shrug, disarm you back or intimidating shout you through his disarm, then turn around and just burst you the rest of the way down.

Bumping because I'm too lazy to make my own thread.

However, I'm not asking about Fury and shields, but Fury in general, esp. post 4.0.6. Most specifically, Titan's Grip or Single-Minded Fury?

Old Thread with irrelevant information. As this is a PvP forum, general Fury information can be taken to WoW Discussion. If you are looking for Fury PvP (i.e. specific) information, please start a new thread or if you are too lazy, ask someone else to.