Race: Human (Forsaken)

Hair: Blond, ragged

Skin: Pale, rotted but preserved

Eyes: Blue (Pre-death)

Height: 6'1''

Weight: Heavy only with the weight of his armor

Place of residence: Undercity / Ruins of Lordaeron

Place of Birth: Lordaeron City

Known Relatives: Belle - sister (Forsaken, missing), Aleister - Father (Human)

Religion/Philosophy: Loyalty over everything; Power to the strong

Group/Guild affiliation: Infection

Guild Rank: Lifebane (Lead Officer)

Enemies: The Scourge, The Alliance, certain members of the Horde

Likes: His undeath, his fellow Forsaken, people with strong conviction and loyalty,

Favorite Foods: The finer things

Favorite Drinks: Dark wine and strong brandy, for all the good they do

Favorite Colors: Roses are grey, violets are grey...

Weapons of Choice: Heavy two-handed weapons, preferably swords and axes

Dislikes: The brutish, uncivilized races of the Horde, those who lack conviction

Hobbies: Relaxing in the Rest Inn Peace, light Scourge hunting in the Plaguelands

Physical Features: Not particularly rotted, but not perfectly preserved either. Little known is the large scar on his chest, which remains hidden since he rarely removes his armor.

Special Abilities: Viciously honed combat prowess and a strong grip of tactics

Positive Personality Traits: Strong loyalty, not only to Sylvanas, but also to those allies he has gained respect for, Forsaken or otherwise

Negative Personality Traits: Racism and superiority complex over both the Alliance and Horde, biting sense of realism

Misc. Quirks: Gets impatient before battle, though he always keeps his calm. Tends to tap his skeletal fingers against his faceplate when in thought.

Played by What Famous Person: Alan Rickman (But not black-haired Snape version!)

Theme Songs: Devil May Cry 3 - Devil Never Cry

History:

In life, Lord Keraph Xalscent was born into a respected noble house of knights, and was a skilled and revered knight of Lordaeron himself. He held many campaign victories against the invading Orc forces in the Second War and subsequently against the broken rabble left over after the Alliance was victorious. His long battles against orcs and trolls, along with the knowledge that his friends were dying to his enemy, forged a strong hatred of the Orcish Horde, but also a begrudging respect for their warrior spirit. The latter he would never admit to in life, and rarely so even in death. While alive, he held loyalty to the kingdom above all things, and would do anything his King demanded. As a result, his dedication was unquestioned, and he quickly rose in the ranks to lead his own unit.

When the Plague ravaged the kingdom of Lordaeron, Keraph lead his knights against many outbreaks of the undead. While each battle he led was won, they were not true victories. They were losing ground, and fast, to the enemy now known as the Scourge. As one of the most able companies of knights left remaining, Keraph and his men were pulled back to the capitol city, against his will but bound by unbreakable loyalty, where he stood amongst the greatest knights in the land as vanguard to the King himself. He was there the day the wayward Prince returned. He fought viciously to defend the kingdom, but the forces of Lordaeron were far outnumbered and it was only a matter of time before they were crushed. In the courtyard of the castle, now known as the Ruins of Lordaeron, Keraph was killed by a black runeblade, piercing his chest and ending his life.

He remembers nothing of his servitude under the Scourge. Only when he regained his free will did he realize what had happened, and he swore by his unfaltering loyalty that the Scourge, the Mad Prince, would pay. He pledged himself to the new ruler of Lordaeron, the Dark Lady, the Banshee Queen, Sylvanas, and vowed that he would do all in his power and more to right the wrongs his newfound people had suffered.

A former knight of Lordaeron, Keraph serves his kingdom faithfully even in death. He views undeath not as a curse, but a blessing, and wishes to use the newfound power of the Forsaken to overthrow the Scourge, Alliance, and even the Horde, and establish supremacy over all Azeroth.

Before anything, he wishes to destroy the Scourge, the former masters of the Forsaken. He still holds a burning hatred in what's left of his heart towards the ones who stripped him of life, honor, and kingdom. He sees them as the biggest threat to the world, and would much rather see the Horde and Alliance die fighting a common enemy, than to have to engage them with only his own people. Though his strong hatred towards the Horde and their savage races has persisted even in death, he is not so foolish to act on his feelings until such a time is tactically convenient, and for now begrudgingly accepts them as "convenient allies". However, he holds no loyalty to Thrall, or the warchief's vision for peace. Once the common enemy is destroyed, who knows what grim plans the Dark Lady, along with her elite servants within Infection, have for the world...

Leading the Forsaken push into Northrend, Infection has been engaged in constant battle against both the great enemy that is the Scourge, and troublesome Alliance forces who have increased their efforts to purge the Forsaken from the Eastern Kingdoms. After the catastrophe of the Wrathgate event, Infection has been more withdrawn, striking out against enemies in small, controlled bursts. Keraph has remained their leader of war, and among growing threats against the Undercity itself he seeks new ways in which to bring the fight to the enemy. The dwindling number of Forsaken loyalists is a setback, but one that will be overcome.

The Warlord's Journal

The half-troll, Danlily says, "Ooh, that Keraph, he be a very nice man. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I do remember having been at a meeting Clys had with Keraph and the lovely Nadea at one of the troll villages near Durator's south beach. His people, the Infection, they don't like some of the other peoples of da horde, maybe because all of Infection be undead Forsaken and so many of the horde distrust the Forsaken. Me, I thinks da Forsaken are on da right path. Dey be half-way to finding immortality. All we need to do now is get around that dropping flesh problem ," she fluffs her golden hair. "My Mistress Clys, she be working hard to find a solution to dat, minor details. It won't be long now," she nods with a glassy stare.

"That keraph. A racist bastard at heart, but that can be a good thing and a bad thing." He sighs. "There is strength is knowing and trusting your brethren, but there is weakness in completely ignoring others unlike you."

A loyal soldier who takes command when he knows he should. He's done well on the snowy fields before. I would say that I'd almost trust the Forsaken, but only to the extent which he can swung a blade. I'm sure he, like every rot infesting Lordearon, have ulterior motives towards everything.

This can, of course, be overlooked as long as these undead minions focus their energies defending Horde assets.

Keraph is an ally, kinda. I know he wants me eventually killed.. but well.. I haven't SEEN him do anything bad yet, so I'll take it when it comes. Until then, he's good with me!

Mixed feelings on dis one. One one hand, he's kinda fun ta have aroun' purely fo' de conversation, an' he likes my cooking. On de other hand, he's kinda a bastard. It was either him or Jergal what strangled me las' time we were fighting.

Also, his armor tastes like oil. And contempt.

Handsome, smart, and a great dancer. Too bad he's male. Then again, he does bring a bit of class to the gender. Gods know it could use some.

Hmm.... taken at face-value this guy ain't half-bad. However, his agenda.... well, that's another story. I suspect he's a bit of a dreamer as his mind never seems to be on the task at hand. Definitely a strange creature.

A strong leader and it hurt to leave his command. I can't seem to converse with him anymore without feeling guilty.

One of the few warriors who actually thinks before bursting into battle. A brilliant commander and thoughtful leader. A rarity.

ke raf is a gud man! is a li tel si ri us, but dat is o ke. hi is ne ver g'rum pi at mi. an a no hi ker sa bao wat hi du, an hi ker sa bao his frens. has a ve ri st'ran pre sens.

I have been seeing more and more of Keraph these days. He comes with The Grim from time to time and I think he's mellowing with age, if that's at all possible. Perhaps it it I who is mellowing.

I think one day we may even have a conversation. He never did think much of my religion nor did I think much of his politics. I hold a grudge over how Jergal's death was dealt with, but that is in a different time and a different place.

I wonder how Infection is doing?

We've locked blades a few times, though I've hardly the heart to put him down for good I know he'd do me in quick. Perhaps painless, but thats more of a fantasy when it comes to most of those undead...

Thats the easy part bout bein one of them though, every enemy you kill has a chance to become an ally.

He and those filth, daring to attack our city. We have survived worse attacks before, and will again; the King will NEVER fall! As for this one...he will learn not to test his fate against Stormwind's elite. He has paid...

He and those filth, daring to attack our city. We have survived worse attacks before, and will again; the King will NEVER fall! As for this one...he will learn not to test his fate against Stormwind's elite. He has paid...

((touche....))

I've never spoken to him personally but I've got a lot of respect for him.

What can I say? He exists and just demands it without saying anything.

Mareeya sighs softly, looking up towards the Felguard at her side, nodding after a second or two, "Yes, Warlord is very strong. He doesn't hide behind masks like the breathers. The truth will be known, the Forsaken will rise." She pauses once more, nodding, looking away from the Felguard out toward the horizon, "Yes. His strength is shown through the numbers within Infection. None question. Come on Shaadhun."

She reaches up, wrapping her hand around one finger of the Felguard, the two of them walking out into Tirisfal Glades, a twisted smile curling slightly onto her face.

He is one of the proudest Forsaken I have met. I have fought in several battles with him since my arrival, and he seems to show no hesitation or mercy. My brother has commanded me to protect him and his name at all costs. Though with him having two of the worlds strongest Mages at his side, I am in doubt he'll require it anytime soon. His fury and hatred will one day be felt by all who oppose the walking dead.

I first met him in battle. I knew then he was a strong leader. Tends to lean toward diplomacy more than I would, but that may be for the better. I would kill any man, woman or child upon his command without question or hesitation.

The Warlord, powerful yes, but I have put him in his place once or twice in combat. I hope he understands only red tape and long words are the only things keeping him above me, and tape is so easily cut, and words so easily broken.

I was seeking a great blacksmith to forge a weapon for me and was told that this warlord of the undead was the best. Indeed he was, as he seemed to forge it with ease. He did not speak to me and I was content to remain silent as I have heard of the distaste these particular undead have for other races. He seemed to know exactly what I wanted and I watched as he performed his craft.

Perhaps I will dispatch an envoy with a gift to these undead in the near future.