ruejacobs

Whatever happened to Silvermoon University?

i was browsing through Google, doing some research for a blog, when i stumbled across a few articles about a Guild called Silvermoon University that used to be on Twisting Nether. What i read intrigued me, but i can't find anything up-to-date concerning this Guild. the website links were all old and out of use. does anyone have any information regarding this Guild or other similar Guilds?

Well.... I know the Guild name is still around and a couple of members are around on the forums and in game, but I heard they had disbanded.

Last year I was looking to join them, but they was pretty much gone then as well.

they disbaned before Wrath. Just not enough intrest to keep it going - it was alot of effort by a hand full of people, and zero effort by the rest kind of thing, as far as I remember.

Basically, the officers were mostly either A) PvPers who eventually moved on to other games, or B) Raiders who moved on to other guilds in order to push content. There was also, as mentioned, an expectation from the largest segment of the membership that a small minority should do all the work of organizing for them. Finally, there was just an overall feeling that the wacky hijinks had kind of played themselves out.

Sounds like a cool idea, but there are so many assholes and trolls in TN that most of these things don't last. I don't think I know of any guilds that are around, that have been around for like 1 year+

Sounds like a cool idea, but there are so many assholes and trolls in TN that most of these things don't last. I don't think I know of any guilds that are around, that have been around for like 1 year+

Then you don't know that many guilds.

Off the top of my head, Infection and The Grim have been around since... day 1 or day 2 of the server.

SU was a great guild. :) I wish it was still around. Alas.

Off the top of my head, Infection and The Grim have been around since... day 1 or day 2 of the server.

SU was a great guild. :) I wish it was still around. Alas.

I honestly never see their members anywhere.

Fabled Order, Invictus Sanctum, Sword of the Morning, First Legion, The Grim, Infection

off the top of my head

there are plenty of them

I was in SMU at the time is disbanded.

The Headmaster, guild leader, Nicoletta(sp?) xfered off TN

There was a rogue, name started with a D, he xfered off also I think?

The guild was ALOT of fun, there are a few x members that I see on the TNG forums once in awhile.

Silvermoon University started shortly after the Burning Crusade expansion and was one of the most well liked guilds for probably a good year. Then, as Saph pointed out, it sort of got split on whether it was a PVP guild or a PVE guild, and the management got tired of being the only ones organizing RP events.

Didn't realize Fabled Order and IV were that old, I know Sword of the Morning is still semi-alive, though not as active as when I first started playing.

Grainia did lots of Continuing Ed classes with them. Unfortunately, she was unable to complete her degree.

Yes, Infection and the Grim have been around since Day 1.

Actually, after SMU disbanded (about a year ago?) Nic, the officers, and some of their favorites made a Ghostbusters-themed guild that aimed to raid Kara with a regular group. I think that lasted a month, THEN they x-ferred. Nic in particular stops by here ever now and again. He was a fantastic RPer, had some of the wittiest things to say too.

<Blades of Lordaeron> is also an old guild and has been around since the first couple of months of the server. Though it's seen three different forms so far, the first two Alliance and the most recent Horde.

I did love SMU's website. It was very professional and I'm sad I didn't transfer my horde here to play with them sooner. >__>

I actually remember running into random RP by members of SMU. This was, of course, back in Ray's lowbie days, where I played her simply because my other paladin on Anvilmar stalled progression wise >.>

Mmm, I don't know any guild that's been around since "Day one". The Grim were formed two days after the server opened, Infection started up a few days after -that-. But yeah, there are a lot of oldie guilds around still.

So two guilds that are really quiet these days... and surprisingly I was in both of those guilds (took my rogue out of the Grim when I stopped playing him, left Infection on my main for other reasons).

Well, if you want to get technical, The Crimson Watch was born on the 1st day and I am still around (sort of). But it is just me and my assorted alts, and has been for about 2 years now, so......

Mmm, I don't know any guild that's been around since "Day one". The Grim were formed two days after the server opened, Infection started up a few days after -that-. But yeah, there are a lot of oldie guilds around still.

Citadel was, but they broke up before TBC