Kayla

hi there! (I know.. another, right?)

Tank queueing is awesome in lower levels. I did it with my paladin till about 60, then people (shadow priests and feral druids trying to heal) started complaining that I was to difficult to keep healed as a 'dps tank'.

At 70 I started queueing as dps and tanking because they tank would be HORRIBLE and leave 4 pulls in when they over agroed and died to being 4 rooms away from the rest of the group - or other such stupidity.

You'll find queuing as a tank (or a healer) will always net greater results. So long as you've genuinly got the idea of what you're doing,you shoudl be fine.

Also? Don't level disc if you intend to heal in the lower levels. Level holy. There's not enough healing power to be effective, and not enough spell power for shields to be effective at anything below level 71. Holy is the original desginated healing tree - and at low levels the instant smites(solo leveling) and flash heals(group healing) make for a much easier time.

I recently leveled 72-80 as a prot paladin. Queues were and continue to be almost instant especially for random heroics. I don't think I've done more than a handful of quests in each zone. :( Now, I haven't looked at raiding yet...but don't really have the time.

As for healing, I agree with Lisbet. Holy is the way to go before 70-ish. It just has great utility. Really, I'd even stick with it after that until you know your tank or are doing raids. Normal dungeons/heroics are easy as pie for Holy priests.

Druid tanking, though, I have no experience with.

well... I like the instant ques I got with my paladin 20s-70s. At 80 with my rogue ques during the day go from 15 minutes, which isnt bad, to 30+ minutes. Early mornings ques are like a hour plus. The healer in the 30s was pretty much like the Pally when I tried doing her as DPS, took FOREVER! Heh.

Yah, ques is one reason why, so instead of playing a Shadow Priest for PvP or Healing for BGs, I have Feral, Balance, Resto! But I didn't know til today that I could roll an alliance without deleting my 80 rogue.

I have also always wanted to play a druid, just could never get by the bull thingie with the horde. Now that I know we can make an Alliance or Horde characters on the same server, I wanna give it a go.

And yah, Tank, DPS, Healing, how can I go wrong seeing how I play wow for the RP and PvP, I mainly PvE to level and gear up.

Leveling up, Shadow is just as effective of a healer as disc, imo, until you hit 70. In Burning Crusade, I could heal heroics as a shadow priest in Holy gear if I had a good tank who let me drink. After every pull.

Also, I hated tauren, and leveled my tauren with intentions of race changing to troll come Cataclysm - now I love my little moocow dearly.

If you want to switch for other reasons, that's perfectly fine. I don't think the reason you gave is a good one.

Something else I realized today...

I started on TN as Alliance and left a really good guild (thats gone now sadly) and went over to Horde. You know I played my rogue from 1 to 80 on horde side and never found a guild for some reason, even now I haven't had much luck. So I think this is another reason for my change. I just really miss the Alliance I think.

Oh yah... my new baby main for Alliance is Topaz, rp bio and back story on the way.

It's been so long since I leveled a priest as shadow and healed a group. That was waaaay back in vanilla WoW but from what I remember, still worked just fine.

As far as guilds go, I always felt like you have to actively pursue roleplay or the guild itself. That's how it was for me at least. I'm pretty sure I could level 1-80 and remain guildless the entire time but I cant stand having that tab grayed out and be lonely.

Oh.. I loved the Priest and was having fun, my spec worked good for healing and pvp. The class itself was never really the issue.

But yah, as for being guildless, it does get lonely. So hopefully I'll find a guild on the Alliance side this time. *beams*