Belzebeus

Blizzard Canceled My Account

They sent me an email saying I was involved with exploitative behavior- I exchanged real world currency for in game goods- I have never done such. I am staunchly against this type of activity. I hate gold farmers and report gold spammers every chance I get. I cannot begin to express how angry and upset this makes me. I cannot even fathom how they would even think I was involved in such.

I wish I could reach them by phone but I am having to deal with an involved email process that could take days...

As much fun as I was having coming back to this game I cannot say for certain whether I will even stay around at this point once this situation is resolved.

I realize few of you folks here even know who I am, but still, you were part of the community I played in and I would say you are the heart of the Twisting Nether server.

Yes, I am angry and want to rant and no, I'm really not very good at ranting-

Is it a legit email? Have you tried to get on to your account? There are a lot of fake emails going around, so make sure its really from them before you do ANYTHING. Do not click any links in the email itself unless you KNOW its safe.

I received this email today, and I'm going to guess it's not a coincidence:

From: "wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com" <wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com>

To: XXX@XXX.com

Sent: Sat, December 19, 2009 8:45:25 AM

Subject: World of Warcraft Account Trade Dispute Notice

When we carry out a routine check when the account, we have evidence to show that your account has been involved in the disputed transactions.

So we have to inform you visit our website(worldofwarcraftsafe) fill out some information to facilitate our investigation.

If you can not tie in with our soon we will have to temporarily lock your account.

Sincerely,

Blizzard, Inc.

Copyright @ 2009 Blizzard, Inc. All rights reserved.

First thing to note is the godawful grammar; if you have to stop and read it again to figure out what it's saying, that's a dead giveaway. Secondly, you'll note the link up there [EDIT: I've disabled the link just to make sure there's no accidental clicks] says worldofwarcraftsafe - it says that when forwarding removes the HTML code that made the original email look like it pointed to the official site.

If you have any suspicions at all about an email you received, more information can be found at their Account Security FAQ.

I made the discovery of the canceled account trying to log into the game- It pops up and says, "this account has been permanently disabled" - I clicked manage account and went straight to the official WOW forums and tried to log in- a notice there says this account has been disabled, please log out. I checked my personal email and found the notice from Blizzard with several links directly to the Blizzard site refering me to their various policies- none of which I violated- but which are the reason my account has been banned- and a link to a FAQ about being banned and the address to email disputes too. I emailed my dispute and got an immediate " we have your email please do not email us anymore until we contact you again and this could take several days form letter" sent to my personal email.

I am the only one who uses my account, ever.

I am currently reinstalling WAR- at least I can through some scenarios and kill people...

<EDIT> the emails, by the way, are all from [-donotreply@blizzard.coml-]

Warneshi had a situation like this once; where Blizzard said he was accessing bought gold. His was on a less serious note, though. It seems something that he sold for a great price on the auction house was bought with Chinese gold. Because of that, the thing he used the gold to buy (his 1,000 gold mount; back in vanilla days) was taken away, as well as additional gold that he had left over.

He had a pain in the ass way of getting it back... and honestly I don't think he ever did get it back. What had happened, probably, was either you were hacked and they used your account to spam out... or you are part of the growing mystery of people getting hacked; yet never having accessed anything with keyloggers or other malicious software for individuals to get their username and password.

Keep at it; if anything for the actual money you used for the time of your subscription. If this sours you from playing World of Warcraft, that sucks ... but don't let them take your money from you without it being your choice.

<--- remembers the Cabal

In all likelihood you got hacked. I got hacked without having keyloggers on my comp or anything else. I fortunately did not have my account suspended as all they did was mine some saronite and vendor my gear (goddamn retards didn't take the 1500g worth of eternals sitting in my bank, or use my mining bag, or use my pick, but bought a new one).

Don't let the man get you down.

Yes- I think I have been hacked..

I got an email today that I have changed my Aion password- I don't even play Aion at the moment- I sent them the email to let them know that someone has jacked my account- What's weird though, is they would have had to pay to restart that account?

I admit - I have used the same "name" and password as my account for multiple games so, yes, someone can go around and restart my account in several games- I'm not sure what good this does them... so strange...

So now- What should I do? Wipe my computer clean- factory reset it?

Sounds to me like you were hacked too.

Change all of your passwords, email, bank accounts, forums, everything. A fresh wipe of your computer would be a good idea if it is a virus of some sort. If you don't want to do that, at least run a few different spyware scanners and some virus scanning software on it.

Yeah, they got my old account - too. Sneaky bastards. I feel like I need to go scam gold farmers just to get back at them.

GL with that.

I got one of those fake e-mails a while back saying something like we have reason to believe you've been hacked, or some shizz, then they asked me to send my pass and acc name, which tipped me off.

As far as hacking, there have been an ARSELOAD of hacks lately, people on the forums posting that goddamn Wii Sex toy, and Woman caught naked by satelite frikin post all the time, all of them 80's.

This virus must be pretty badass to not be detected easily and hit so many people.

...are you kidding me, they have not given up on that stupid business idea of Authenticators? In theory it's definitely useful but a product... how successful could it possibly be?

...are you kidding me, they have not given up on that stupid business idea of Authenticators? In theory it's definitely useful but a product... how successful could it possibly be?

They attached a cute pet to it. I have heard several people buying it for that reason alone.

They attached a cute pet to it. I have heard several people buying it for that reason alone.

That's how the bribe everyone now a days, go to blizzcon get a pet/mount, buy an authenticator get a pet, link your battle.net get a pet.

lol kinda sad really