Karkarov

A video review of the game Rogue Warrior NSFW

In all honesty after watching this video I have to say the game itself is a steaming piece of crap. However the video itself (and most of Giant Bomb's review vids) is very well done. In this particular case though the video is hilarious, so hilarious I felt like sharing with TNG. This is REALLY not safe for work so don't even think about watching it on the job.

On the serious side though this is a great example game to show why things are going down the toilet if you ask me in the video game world. A shameless cash in game with a cool voice actor and otherwise poorly ripped off mechanics from other games while spontaneously trying to cash in on the whole modern warfare america vs russia fad. What sucks the most is it is supposedly based on the activities of a real person whose books are actually pretty good. I can't see him liking the finished product but he got paid. Meanwhile you have to ask Bethesda what they are thinking with their latest games, they have all sucked hard.

Anyway linkage!

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-rogue-warrior/17-1719/

I agree with the graphics, I almost picked it up until I saw some vids of gameplay. And I think RW has been in development for a REAL long time, and its mostly North Koreans he goes against, with a dash of Russkie thrown in. But, its still a Commie sandwich.

Also, I love Bethesda.

GD when you say not safe for work you weren't kidding o.O; I turned that off real quickly - go go broken headset xD

I warned you not to do it!!! Wait until you are home and preferably out of ear shot of any impressionable kiddies. My personal favorite line in the video has to do with president reagan saying hello ;p!

Oblivion and Fallout 3 did no suck hard at all, they were both fan-fucking-tastic

I didn't like either one, reviews be damned. In both games, the fighting was dull and easy, the storylines unimaginative, the quests simplistic, and the main character's narrative pitifully sparse.

I liked fallout 3, a lot. I never got around to finishing it because I had more enjoyable games to play, but I enjoyed it a lot.

My experiences on oblivion were dull because I played the 360 version, and I didn't have the wonderful mods that are available on the PC version. But I still enjoyed the gameplay, it was probably my favorite part of the games.

The combat wasn't 'dull' it was just more than pushing 'x and b' and watching your character swing a weapon or toss magic at someone, you had to aim and time things right.

As I recall, Fallout 3 had you aim roughly in the direction of an enemy, choose a part of the body to attack, and then roll some invisible dice to determine whether you hit it. The control scheme was too clunky to aim and shoot in real time. Oblivion suffered from similar defects.

I didn't use VATS that often, and when you were outside of VATS it was based on your accuracy skill (which meant how close to your crosshair you would hit) and your ability to aim. For melee it was the same as oblivion, get close to your target and swing at them to hit them, jump back to avoid theirs, jump back and swing again.

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember Oblivion or Fallout 3 really being mentioned much in the vid, much less called bad. Though I think Fallout 3 left alot to be desired. It was a good game don't get me wrong but the DLC's are out of control and the game itself gets a little boring and is so easy you can almost play asleep.

Oblivion had faults as well but when you consider it was the first game in it's generation and they were building it mostly from the ground up it is forgivable. If bethesda released a sequel to the Elder Scrolls today I would look for them to finally move out of third person and start making combat more satisfying.

Fuck fuck mother fuck fuck shit fuck fuck hard mother fucker in your fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck shit fuck fuck fuck FUCK

Same Deal with this link Lisbet...and all others who are working at the time!

When they were bagging on Bethesda, they just mentioned their recent games. Bethesda's most recent releases are "50 Cent: Blood on the Sand" and "Wet", both of which are decidedly unimpressive.

Because you can't fucking get a fucking point across in this mother fucking world anymore unless you fill fucking sentences full of fucking curses, fucker.

Fuck the fucking fuckers.

The character is trying so hard to sound like a bad ass.

But "Die you cock sucker" just... Lol... Really... ONCE MAYBE... But.... After every knife kill?

Its like a 12 year old came up with the dialog.

Well this site does some really awesome great reviews on multiple games. This video particularly is what they call a quick look where they actually play the game for like 20 minutes to 30 minutes to give people watching an idea of what it is really like. The reason they talked like this in this particualr video was purely for comedic effect and because of how the game itself is throwing out curse words every 20 seconds. I mean at one point this korean gets killed and I think a random sound bite of "Die you commie cockfest motherfuckers" goes off and they both start laughing so that pretty much tells you what they think of the dialog.

Nice link, it goes to the end credits as well which are hilarious. I admit to laughing my ass off when he said "I own your fucking souls you commie cocksuckers and I am sending you all to commie heaven"