Sign in to follow this  
snake

((RP backstory of Jezze, and the eventual meeting of snake))

((Reposted from Thegreenlanterncorps.com our guild site hehe))

Jezze left home. She was mad as hell. She has so wanted to be a warrior. Ever since she could remember she had dreamed of wearing plate armor and wielding huge swords and axes. Today her family sent her off to become a priest. They told her she came from a long line of priests and that is what she would be. No Choices. Her family would pay for her priestly education, and she should accept that gladly. Well ok she was going to become a priest but she was not staying at home, she was running away. She took her papers to the priest trainer and got her first bit of equipment and learned the basic healing spells. The robe they gave her was flimsy and the undershirt was scratchy. The dagger she held was tiny. How was she to kill anything with that little thing? Her trainers did not understand her rushing into battle, confronting the mobs face on as if she was indestructible. Jezze, jeesh you’re not a warrior stand back from the mob and heal the others. She got so tired of hearing that she could attack the trainer. Eventually she made it through basic training and was told she could leave to meet the next trainer. That was all she needed. She left and continued on not stopping at the trainer in Teldrassil but continuing on to Darkshore. There she jumped on a boat to Menethril Harbor and headed to the big city of Ironforge. The journey to Ironforge was very dangerous, but she was adept at hiding and though it took several days she made it to the cold region. She felt like she was frozen by the time she got to the gates of Ironforge. Once inside the city she sold her undershirt, boots and dagger and used the money to buy a better dagger. Her journey was not finished. She was heading to Stormwind, the city of the humans. She believed there she would find her place and feel welcome.

She headed out the front gate planning on a long trek to Stormwind. Outside standing in the freezing snow was a couple of dwarf guards. They were laughing and joking with each other. Jezze walked up to them and asked directions to Stormwind. The guards looked at each other and let out big belly laughs. Lass you can take the tram one of them pointed back towards Ironforge. Jezze tried to look like she knew what they were talking about. The tram? Not wanting to sound stupid or look dumb Jezze giggled at herself and thanked the guards. Pondering what they could possibly mean she headed back into Ironforge. What is a tram? She wondered lost and searching for some clue around the city. She heard lots of noise and people talking exciting about money and is that the best you can do. She had discovered the auction house. What a busy place, people running around excited about buying and selling. She wanted to see what was inside but seeing the wares she only found herself wishing she had some gold to buy some of the stuff. Off to the side was a place to try on the armor she so admired. She was even able to try on the precious plate that she would never be able to wear out in combat, but she got to see it on herself. Some of the cloth robes were really exquisite and those she vowed to own someday. Hours passed by as she tried on one piece after another. Finally one of the auctioneers, a little gnome came over to here and asked if she planned on purchasing anything since she had tried on almost everything that was up for bid. Jezze made an excuse about not finding just what she wanted and hurriedly left the building. Just outside she ran into another guard. She walked bravely up to him and said sir can you direct me to the tram it is imperative I make my way to Stormwind. Oh yes Lass it is right inside of Tinkertown, he laughed and said those gnomes are quite ingenious. She thanked him and he told her to keep her feet on the ground as he turned and left. Jezze wondered if she had been doing too many flips inside of the city. The tram, once she found it she was amazed. She had heard rumors of a wagon that could travel under water when she was a child, but never had she believed them. The ride on the tram was wonderful, exciting and scary to her. She saw fish as big as a ship and huge turtles with claws that could rip a person into. She stared at them and was glad they were behind the barrier. She wanted to see more but the ride was over so fast and she was in Stormwind.

People were all around here running to places she had not yet discovered. No one seem to pay attention to the tattered and dirty night elf female. She sat down on a dock off the canal and stared into the water. She snickered at her reflection. Her hair was wind blown and wild looking, her face dirty. She was tired, but had no money and no place to stay. The bottom of her feet hurt and she bent over to inspect her boots. The souls were worn through. She sighed and a little tear ran down her cheek. I am really alone, and no one to help me, her thoughts as she slipped the boots from her feet and threw them into the canal. Wandering barefoot around the canal she came upon a deserted pub. The door was open and she crept in. There was nothing in the room but the back door was wide open so she went on back and looked out it. It opened into an alley, quite deserted. At the end of the alley was a house, again wide open but no one around. Humm well, she was tired and hungry maybe she could find something to eat. Inside the tables were set and there was ale and some bread and cheese. The ale was warm and the bread was stale but it tasted like milk and cookies to Jezze. Sitting at the table she bite into a huge hunk of the creamy cheese. It was soft and warm but felt good sliding down her throat. The bread crumbles as she tore into it. She gulped down the ale and then wiped the bread crumbs off her chin. She was shocked when she realized she had eaten everything. Upstairs, there was big bed with a canopy over it. The bed was made up and smelled clean. She crawled up on it, slide under the blanket, stretched out, enjoying lying on a real bed again and fell into a deep sleep.

What??? She jumped out of bed, startled. She had heard a loud noise someone was swearing and cussing below outside, right below the bedroom window. The loud voice frightens her. It was angry and slurred. She looked out the window but could not see anyone. Grabbing her dagger, she stood for a second at the doorway not sure if she should hide or charge out bravely to comfort the angry person. Instead she crept slowly down the stairs the blade in her hand ready to stab anyone that came near. No one was in the house, but just outside the front entrance she heard more noises, the sound of metal hitting against stone. Outside she could now see the man. A human male, a warrior, and he was so intoxicated he could barely stand. In fact he was leaning against the house, his sword waving in the air as he defended himself against some invisible foe. Now that she could see him she was no longer frightened. He was almost comical his back against the wall his sword swinging and his slurred cussing. “Sir” she yelled. He did not even hear her. “Sir” she screamed louder and he turned and looked at her. Standing away from the wall just for a second but stumbled back as he blinked trying to focus in on her, he grumbled some obscenity and yelled for her to run. She could not hold back the laugh. He scowled, he forehead wrinkled and then he swung his sword again. Yelling, “Girl run this troll will have his way with you. Now dam it RUN.” She sat down on the stoop, still giggling. He slid down into a setting positions well it was more of a flop down as if the troll had knocked him down. He did not move or say anymore. Jezze went over closer and looked at the young warrior. He had passed out. The smell of liquor was so strong on him that Jezze held her hand up over her nose as she looked at him. Laying next to him was a backpack and several empty bottles of what she thought was cheap wine. On the backpack there was a name scratched into the leather, Couladin.

She left him lying out there in the alley. He was way too big for her to drag inside and besides he did not look like he was feeling any pain. She did wonder why someone would drink until they were senseless like that. What could make a person be so uncaring about themselves.

Inside she was in for another shock. Herself! She looked into a mirror and she did not recognize the dirty thing that stared back at her. Oh my lord! She hurried grabbed a pail and went to find a well to get some water. She came across an old lady mumbling about having to get water. Talking to her she found out her name was Old Emma. Emma showed her to the well and even gave her some linen and thread. Back at the house, Jezze washed up, combed her hair and began to sew her new robe.

It was time, time to set out and really start doing something with her life, time to make some money. She could sew, she had learned early on to use a needle, but she wanted some excitement. Old Emma had told her Goldshire needed help, so that was where she was going to go start. Outside the warrior was sitting up. He was rubbing his eyes with his head down between his knees. Jezze walked over to him and asked if he needed any assistance. He looked up at her with squinty eyes, and just slowly shock his head. “Well I am headed to Goldshire, your welcome to come along if you want.” He did not say anything but stood up, grabbing hold of the wall for support. Jezze reached out to stable him, but he pushed her away. “I am fine.” He managed to stand without the wall. “I will follow behind.” She looked at him and nodded and then headed out to Goldshire.

Outside the gates of Stormwind the warrior finally began to talk. He told her he had a friend waiting for him in Goldshire at the inn there. The friend, a pally was going to go help him clear out a mine in the area. A lady in the area had lost an expensive necklace and had asked this friend to retrieve it for her. Jezze said she would help. The warrior’s name was indeed Couladin, and the friend waiting for him was Cabo. The three of them became fast friends, even though Jezze disapproved of Couladin’s overindulgence in alcohol. and Cabo was a little reckless for her. He often ran straight into battle unaware of what was around him, just as Jezze had done early in her priest training. But, between healing a drunken warrior and the careless pally, Jezze learned to watch carefully for healing. She learned to keep the mobs off of her and on the other two so she could heal. The lessons she was learning while battling the enemy with those two would carry on into her life.

One morning while Couladin slept off a hangover, and Cabo was out mining, Jezze decided to check out Westfalls. She had wanted to for days but the men had been to busy with the local women down at the inn. Things had improved for Jezze since she had met Cabo and Couladin. She was able to buy a staff, better equipment and she even had boots on her feet. The house in Stormwind had become hers. Well no one had come to claim and she had set it up for herself. She even learned to cook, much to the pleasure of the men. They were both putting on weight.

At the tower in Westfalls she stopped to talk to a guard and was told that the bandits in the area needed to be dealt with. He told her to bring him their red bandanas and he would pay her for them. What can be so hard about taking out some looters and smugglers? This should be an easy task. She wonder up and over a few hills and there they were, a whole camp of bandits. One was off to herself, a looter and Jezze took out after her. It was an easy kill. Jezze grabbed the bandana off the corpse and went to find another one. Over by a tent stood three chattering away, and not even aware their friend had just been murdered. Jezze tried to sneak in but another one off behind a rock spotted her before she got close to the tents. It was a harder kill but Jezze lived and grabbed another bandana. She looked over at the tent and saw a rogue all dressed in black. He had just sapped one of the bandits and was tearing the other two into pieces. All she could see was large maces whipping through the air and flesh falling to the ground in mounds and the blood spurting. The rogue amazed her. His moves were flawless. She shadowmeld and hid behind a huge rock to watch him some more. He moved from bandit to bandit effortlessly killing then one by one. She sat and watched his every move. His muscular body was very attractive for a human and she could not take her eyes off of him. All of a sudden out of nowhere there were about 6 bandits on the rogue. She could tell they were hurting him, his health was going down. Without thinking of herself she stood up and began to heal him. One bandit after another fell, and as the last one hit the ground he turned and looked at her. His eyes were intense and as he stared over at her she thought her knees would give way and she would fall to the ground. She was sure her heart stopped. Then he laughs, not a small giggle but a big laugh at her she was sure he was laughing at her. So she turned and ran away, but she could not move as fast as him within a sec he had caught up to her. “Wait, Stop” he yelled at her. “I just wanted to thank you for healing me, I did not mean to laugh but I was sure I was dead.” She stopped and turned to look at him. Again her heart stopped, her tongue would not move and all she could do was stare into his eyes. He kind of gave her a funny little grin and asked “are you alright.” She swallowed hard trying to get her tongue to loosen to say yes but only a little ummm came out. Dam why can’t I talk, and what is wrong with me she thought as she stood there like a dummy staring at him. He snickered and she knew it was at her, she knew it. “Hail my lady,” he grabbed her hand and shook it. Now she knew the knees were gone and tried to lock them in place. “my name is Snäke and thank you for the heal.” He let go of her hand and turned to leave. He was almost out of sight when her tongue finally moved. “Wait, please” she yelled at him. “Please Snäke, I need help getting bandanas from these bandits. Can you help me?:” He turned and started walking back to her.

((and...snakes interpretation of the events...))

((also reposted from the site.))

Snake had just Left SI: 7, He was tired of the spy business; he was tired of being a tool for others who cared nothing for him. He was always out fighting for others ideals, and no one wanted to listen to his. He had walked right out of his superior’s office, he was mad, and he didn’t care who knew it. He walked out of stormwind and was heading through Elwynn forest. Thinking of what to do next, thinking of all the beaurocracy and the bullshit that went with it. When he found himself now in Westfall. As he passed through westfall he could see bandits terrorizing the local folks, not his problem he thought, and I’m not here to be a police force. He found himself in Sentinel Hill, and was immediately summoned to the local garrison that watched over it.

“Snake, I have use for you” Said the commanding officer, “I thought you were taller. No matter, since you are a member of SI: 7 I invoke the right to use you…” “I quit” Interjected Snake, “Gave a letter of resignation.” The commanding officer gave snake a stern look, and then proceeded to continue with what he was saying. “As I was saying…I invoke the right to use you as I see fit, we have a bandit problem here, and I need you to take care of it, you will find all the essential information in this dossier here.” And he handed snake a folder.” Your payment will be smaller than you’re used to; we are a poor community out here.” Snake didn’t need the money, as a member of SI: 7 he had various off shore accounts, Booty bay, Gadgestan, Even dark shore. It was never about the money. He did it because he was good at it. That scared snake sometimes, wondering if all he was good for was eliminating other peoples problems. Snake took the Dossier, looked easy enough, 6 bandits, camp to the north, alright, he would take it, he was still pretty angry and these defias would feel his wrath. Snake turned to leave, “Snake do remember, if you are discovered SI: 7 will disavow any knowledge of your existence and deny everything…” Snake sneered, “like that will ever happen” and walked out. After her was gone the second in command said, “That’s snake huh, figured he’d be taller.” “Aye, but he has quite a legend, glad I got to meet him.” Said the commander.

Snake headed out to the bandit camp, bandits were all the same, this bunch didn’t have any power, and they did what the boss said, kind of like him he thought. He found the camp easily enough, and stealthily crept in. he could hear what appeared to be a poker game going on in the tent…he did a quick count of the ones outside…2 guards and 2 lookouts, that left 2 in the tent...something didn’t add up, a poker game with two people? His intel must be wrong, typical. He could remember his mentor saying, “remember your CQC (close quarters combat) snake, that’s essential.” Snake snuck up behind the one lookout and stunned him with his mace, the second lookout noticed, but before he could do anything snake was on him. He fell before the mace as well, snake used maces, it wasn’t as practical as a dagger, or as flashy as a sword, but it was original and sort of worked as his trademark. He went to the guard but they were already raising the alarm. “Oh no he thought, now we find out how many in the tent.” And sure enough 4 more came out from the tent…six on one.

Snake struck the first with the mace and down he went, the second tried to slash him with his dagger, but he deflected the blade and used it against his attacker sliding it into his throat, however he had to drop a mace for this and now had only 1 weapon…then the pain hit. Snake looked down to see a crimson stain appearing from his left side, he continued to fight, and he took down a third. Then his legs gave, he was on his knees, and he thought, was this the end? Was my life going to end due to bad intel? Why had he taken this crummy assignment? He had been free; he could have done whatever he pleased, had he chosen poorly? Had the goddess forsaken him? He couldn’t understand why no one was ever there to help HIM. He had always done what needed to be done, even when he disagreed with the principles…right was right, and wrong was wrong…snake looked up waiting for the final blow to come. He closed his eyes. And then he felt it. The soft tingle of magic, powerful magic, to be precise…a healing spell. Snake instantly reacted, grabbing his fallen mace he lunged at his surrounding attackers, flinging himself into battle, the rage was there, and the fury was there…they would pay. The goddess had smiled on him and sent him a second wind. Whoever had healed him had saved his life, these defias were not so lucky. Snake made quick work of the remaining Defias. He felt good. He felt better than good, he felt great. That healing spell had not only removed his wounds but improved upon him somehow; he had renewed vigor and felt almost invincible. Snake dropped his weapons and looked around for his savior.

He then saw her, a small Demure Night elf, with a glazed look in her eyes…she was hauntingly beautiful…he stopped…then laughed. He wasn’t entirely sure why he laughed, he hadn’t laughed in a long time. The combination of a near death experience, and this beautiful Elvin savior perhaps? It mattered not. He walked towards her. He had not taken 2 steps toward her and she turned and ran. He stopped…what had he done wrong? He wasn’t going to let it end like this…he had to talk to her, let her know what she had done, she had saved his life! He owed her that… Snake quickly caught up to her, his SI: 7 training had given him agility and she was no Spy, “Wait, Stop” he yelled at her. “I just wanted to thank you for healing me, I did not mean to laugh but I was sure I was dead.” She stopped and turned to look at him. He was stunned…her eyes were 2 deep pools that seemed to steal his soul…she was so beautiful. He had dealing with the elves before but this girl was different. Maybe it was her…humanity? Coming from an elf this seems odd to the average person, but snake had a way at telling what was beyond the surface, he had to, it was part of his job…old job. He had to keep telling himself that.

“Are you alright?” Snake asked regaining his composure…she seemed to be thinking of thoughts that even he could not ascertain. Atleast she was real, and she had stopped. He snickered at his good fortune. “Hail my lady,” he grabbed her hand and shook it. My goddess! Her skin was so soft; her attire was less than nobility, but her skin! He couldn’t believe how smooth it was…he wanted to kiss her but he resisted the urge…barely. She had still not said anything and so snake said... “My name is Snäke and thank you for the heal.” He let go of her hand and smiled. He stood there just looking at her for what seemed like an eternity…she was so absolutely stunning…and yet she said not a word. Just my luck he thought. He turned to go. He started slowly walking away, cursing the goddess for this tease of good fortune; he desperately wished she would say something, anything to him. He longed to be by her side, she was his new motivation for living…she had saved his life. Not in 1 but 2 ways this day. Just as he was about to pass over the ridge… “Wait, please” she yelled at him. “Please Snäke; I need help getting bandanas from these bandits. Can you help me?” He wiped a way a single tear, said a quick prayer to the goddess and walked back. Ready to do whatever this elf maiden asked.

my next installment:

They battled the bandits together. Jezze collected all the bandanas she needed and they continued to kill. The bandits were a problem to Westfalls and truly needed to die but there was something else. Jezze would of continued to kill there one bandit after another as long as the rogue stayed with her. She did not want to part ways. She was afraid he would just leave and she would not see him again. At first they did not talk much. Snäke attacked and she healed, but there were looks between them slight smiles and Snäke did wink a couple of times. He had teasing way about him. He his smiled warmed her but there was mischief in it. They headed toward the beach, killing a few gnolls that seem to just be out wandering around destroying. Smelling the salty water made her think of home and for the first time since she had left a longing to see her family arose in her. There was an old wind mill with several old jars and bottles around it and Jezze wanted to stop and inspect them. One was a beautiful blue jar and she had thoughts of taking it back to Stormwind to use in her place. As she was looking the jar over, Snäke stared out at the water and the murlocs belows. Out from behind the decaying wind mill several gnolls came running at them. They were on both of them all at once. Jezze tried to pop her shield just to get away so she could heal but there were to many and the shield went down fast. She pulled out her dagger and began stabbing away at the vile creatures. Again she tried to back up out of battle by fading but they kept coming at her. Snäke had 3 on him and they were falling fast, but the two that were still coming for Jezze were strong. Somehow she managed to get a heal off on herself and stabbed out again, one went down. The other one bite into her flesh, making her scream out. The blood gushed out and ran down her arm. The beasts teeth kept slashing at her just missing her flesh but tearing a huge piece of her robe off. Just as she thought she was surely done, Snäke attacked from behind. The gnoll crumpled to the ground in front of her. She sat down in shock looking at her torn and bloody robe. Snäke looked down at the gnoll and then over at her “Your bleeding” and he began to bandage her arm. He winked at her “For a priest, M'lady, you did quite well there.” He let out a laugh. “Never really seen a priest melee like that.” She told him how she had wanted to be a warrior, but her family had insisted she follow their path. He grabbed the arm he was bandaging and felt her shoulder then ran his hand down to her elbow, squeezing as he did. Again he winked, and she was sure he smirked. “Those are not the arms of a warrior, sweet priest.” She could not help herself she drew back and smacked him one right in the chest. It must have caught him off guard because he stumbled backward and plopped to the ground. It was her turn to laugh and she did she laughed so hard she rolled over. He grabbed her pulling himself on top of her and pinned her to the ground smiling the whole time. “Now my lady what are you going to do?” She started to struggle but something grabbed Snäke from behind and pulled him off of her. It was another huge gnoll. She jumped up from the dusty ground and immediately began healing Snäke. The gnoll tossed him to the ground knocking the wind out of him. Jezze got a heal off on Snäke and the animal came for her. She faded out and again it turned back to him, but he was on his feet now and ready for battle. He struck the gnoll so hard she could hear the skull crack open and another one hit the dust. They both looked down at the dead beast and then looked up at each other and burst out laughing. The look Snäke was giving her make her uncomfortable and she looked down at the ground. That is when she realized that the left half of her robe was almost gone exposing her in all her glory. She blushed and grabbed the pieces of the torn robe trying to cover herself with what was left of it. Snäke did not divert his eyes but kept looking at her. She gave him a ‘how dare you look’ and he winked.

((An awsome story with different aspects and views of an emotional meeting. Way to represent The Green Lantern Corps.)) /cheer for our leaders!