Vyn

Cataclysmic Dreams

I'm hoping for a few things:

• Meaningful, large-scale PvP (I'm not a fan of arenas)
  • Deeper involvement with lore (the new profession sounds promising for this)
  • Limited Hunter stealth. Before you cry foul, hear me out. Using the new Hunter focus system, Hunters could stealth but movement would drain focus from them. If they stopped moving they would regen their focus, but very slowly. This would keep Hunters from being too overpowered.
  • More meaning to the crafting professions (Engineering is seriously lacking)

I'll list more when I think of them. :)

Also, I would like to see more instances with Faction heroes either fighting alongside you or against you. Give that PvE a little PvP flavor, ya know?

I'm hoping for a few things:

• Meaningful, large-scale PvP (I'm not a fan of arenas)
  • Deeper involvement with lore (the new profession sounds promising for this)
  • Limited Hunter stealth. Before you cry foul, hear me out. Using the new Hunter focus system, Hunters could stealth but movement would drain focus from them. If they stopped moving they would regen their focus, but very slowly. This would keep Hunters from being too overpowered.
  • More meaning to the crafting professions (Engineering is seriously lacking)

I'll list more when I think of them. :)

Yes to the first, yes to the second, the third could be very interesting, though on the fourth...

Engineering is not lacking anymore, in my opinion! It is, perhaps, if you're looking purely to make money, but certainly it is not as a matter of utility.

If anything, leatherworking is the one that needs some extra zest.

Well, good point, Vill.

Selash, Focus is going to SUCK for the first patch or six. Just like DKs were GODS for the first few months of Wrath, Focus is going to completely change the class. We'll either have NO FOCUS EVER or we'll NEVER RUN OUT. I think the change will be nice a year after they've made it...but eh.

And Awesome? That's a great stat. Honestly, I just like Strength, Agility, Intellect, Spirit, and Stamina. Because those are real stats. Hit rating? What, does my sword have a magical enchantment on it that makes it find the boss, and without it, am I going to wind up cutting myself? Does that two handed axe have a targeting system on it? DID YOU ENTER THE CORRECT COORDINATES FOR THAT MACE TO HIT THE DRAGON?!? NO! THAT'S MY HEAD YOU ASSWIPE! I think your weapon skill determines your, you know, weapon skill. And your strength determines your ability to hit it hard.

Well, good point, Vill.

Selash, Focus is going to SUCK for the first patch or six. Just like DKs were GODS for the first few months of Wrath, Focus is going to completely change the class. We'll either have NO FOCUS EVER or we'll NEVER RUN OUT. I think the change will be nice a year after they've made it...but eh.

I'm going to be a cynic and say that "NO FOCUS EVER" will be the problem, especially if the steady shot method of regenerating focus is still considered viable (Stand still!). I've given up on the hunter class though for good. (Aleria will be rerolled as a mage when Cataclysm hits.)

As for Cataclysm, I'd like to see an instanced player housing schema, but I know that will never happen.

I know it'd be too hard to get rid of the flying mounts in BC and Wotlk now after they've already been put in... but do they HAVE to make them accesssible in the old world? It might be nice to ride around again on the good old dirt of the earth for lvls 80-85.

Opinions?

I know it'd be too hard to get rid of the flying mounts in BC and Wotlk now after they've already been put in... but do they HAVE to make them accesssible in the old world? It might be nice to ride around again on the good old dirt of the earth for lvls 80-85.

Opinions?

Where have you been? This has been brought up several times, once even in this thread.

While I think it'd be nice to have to ride around high level content on the old 100% Blizzard would never do it because the mass amount of people playing this game want the 280-310% flyers.

Just the sad truth, boyo.

Riding mounts that go 280-310%... probably kill the animal actually...

EDIT: Also the way it was brought up earlier in this post made it sound like the poster wanted flying mounts gone period. that seems fairly impossible to me at this point in Wotlk and BC so I was trying to think up an alternate solution.

I'd love that, it'd be like fighting underwater with all directions accessible... only problem is keeping up with them sometimes I suppose. If theyre going 280% away from you as fast as possible itd be hard even with your own 280% to catch up with them AND attack as your moving along. Especially if they change directions constantly. But its definitely a cool idea.

Solution to flying mounts? Giving all players the ability to attack while on mounts. Hehe.

I've thought about it, but it'd come to mean that nobody would have reason to dismount, and then if anyone did have to dismount for a quest or whatever the ranged classes would just fuck melee classes who are stuck on the ground and can't do shit.

Really, I always thought they should add a "sprint" function to your mount that gave your mount some extra speed with which to catch people (On a long cooldown of course), as well as the already-proposed ideas of giving all classes a viable dismount (maybe with some sort of item, a net, or dart gun/AA gun?), and give all classes some ability to slowfall (maybe just a from-inventory on-use parachute that lasts only a couple seconds or so)

Really, I always thought they should add a "sprint" function to your mount that gave your mount some extra speed with which to catch people (On a long cooldown of course), as well as the already-proposed ideas of giving all classes a viable dismount (maybe with some sort of item, a net, or dart gun/AA gun?), and give all classes some ability to slowfall (maybe just a from-inventory on-use parachute that lasts only a couple seconds or so)

This is just the sort of thing I was going to propose. Aerial combat is not feasible, but creating an atmosphere in which flying away on your mount is not a get-out-of-combat-free-card would create opportunities for more aerial clashes. The only problem I can foresee is that casters would have a seriously unfair advantage in free-fall/parachute combat (say, if two opponents dismounted each other).

Also, they won't be getting rid of flying mounts in the Old World with Cataclysm, or even considering it, seeing as how adjusting the Old World to be accessible to flying mounts is precisely one of the reasons they chose to do Cataclysm.

Want stealth as a hunter? Roll a night elf.

I think the reference might have been toward the failed "camoflage" ability that Blizzard floated before wrath, which would have given a severely hamstringed stealth to hunters.

Needless to say, billed as too overpowered. (Unless it applied to pets as well, I think it would have led to a mandatory cat pet, at least for PVP)

THIS could not be more wrong.

I suppose it is good if there is the potential to ambush your opponent, but for mounting an offensive it's use is limited. Perhaps I should have just said that instead of "marginally".

I suppose it is good if there is the potential to ambush your opponent, but for mounting an offensive it's use is limited. Perhaps I should have just said that instead of "marginally".

You can use it to get out of combat, break target outside of the range of a "target nearest" macro, vanish out of LOS, use it to flight form in the middle of combat (fuck you, Tenj)...

and give all classes some ability to slowfall (maybe just a from-inventory on-use parachute that lasts only a couple seconds or so)

It's called the Skyguard Drape. It just takes some handy macro work to equip it when you mount up.

It's called the Skyguard Drape. It just takes some handy macro work to equip it when you mount up.

30 second chargeup with a ten second duration and a half hour cooldown?

Not all that impressive when you consider engineers get one attached to their cape that gives them 27 spellpower, lasts 30 seconds, and has a one minute cooldown, also they can still keep their old cloak that lasts 10 seconds but has only a 30 second cooldown.

I'm thinking something with about a minute cooldown and a 10 second duration so that it's a "You get your chance to survive when anyone knocks you down" rather than "You get a chance to survive every 30 minutes, but the other 29 minutes and 30 seconds you're well fucked."

As for Cataclysm, I'd like to see an instanced player housing schema, but I know that will never happen.

..couldn't they even give us...tents? Like...how campfires and kegs and banners work...but tents? You could actually have little camps popup for standing armies... which would be nice if you could choose where your @%#^$ fire spawns!! -- Petty, I know. ^^ But these little things would make me cheer. That would be easy (well, least easier than player houseing), and so cool! Tent with a bedroll in it... Think about it....

Or...how about a pair of glasses? Not goggles. But, glasses. Or a cape that's a backpack like the little argent kid has?

Heh, all RP stuff.

I wish arena's were better on the learning curve end. I'm not sure how they would fix something like that, aside from more people doing it so you're not paired against insta-death, but right now it's more surviving ten matches than winning them when you try to start...

Maybe vanish to actually work?

At least with Cat, it'll should be easy to set up the usual grind of quests. "So-and-so town was destroyed and we need this book from the ruins" "Reclaim this by killing a buncha these..."

I hope all the guild additions are well explained xD

And yeah, BG's...

..couldn't they even give us...tents? Like...how campfires and kegs and banners work...but tents? You could actually have little camps popup for standing armies... which would be nice if you could choose where your @%#^$ fire spawns!! -- Petty, I know. ^^ But these little things would make me cheer. That would be easy (well, least easier than player houseing), and so cool! Tent with a bedroll in it... Think about it....

Maybe they can add a fold-up tavern while they're at it, so I don't have to play hermit crab every week. :)

Yes.

I wish arena's were better on the learning curve end. I'm not sure how they would fix something like that, aside from more people doing it so you're not paired against insta-death, but right now it's more surviving ten matches than winning them when you try to start...

They actually tried to do this with their new MMR system that starts you at 0 rating, so you don't lose much as you climb up, and you get to learn on your way up to 1500 and beyond.

Problem being it really just is a grind and for us players who don't need to do it and are looking to either get a new team going or help guildies, it's a pain in the ass to grind all the way up to where it matters.