Vyn

Cataclysmic Dreams

Ok, so, what are your hopes for what Cataclysm will have/do for WoW? Long term and short.

Mine:

The abolishment of hit rating and most other stats like that.

One thing I think Blizz could benefit from, and something that I hope they were going for in cataclysm, is getting rid of all the stupidass stats you have to keep track of just to actually hit the goddamn boss. Seriously? It's a giant fucking demon. I swing my sword and hit it. With the change in stats, they can focus on making a raid hard rather than making a raid dependant upon whether you have the gear to do it. You know, more 'don't stand in the swirly purple shit' and 'the entire raid has to move out of the fire.' Make hard raids based on a player's skill, with a minor bonus of having SUPER FUCKING GEAR. And having skill =/= having the best macros/best weapon/best rotation for your class.

If they made raids something you had to actually focus for instead of focusing beforehand on gear, finding the best rotation/macros, whatever, then they could truly make casual raiders. Seriously, I don't want to spend 14 hours a day running heroics on my DK so that I can run Naxx so that I can run Ulduar so that I can run ICC. I'd rather hop in in my PvP gear (dude, it's a fucking SWORD. It cuts shit. Whether its the Lich King or some poor bastard in a BG, it's going to cut it) and roll out of the fire, or time my DG to pull the boss off of the priest, or whatever. You guys remember running and pushing the button so that bomb didnt kill everyone in gnomer? Let's do that.

More Defined Class Roles

I was about to ramble about this in my above thinger. Make it so the DK in the raid has to, I dunno, DG some bomb or something so it doesnt DESTROY YOU. Make it so someone has to hamstring/wing clip/frostbolt whatever the boss while it is charging or else it does a shit ton more damage. SOMETHING. Maybe this is the same thing that I said above. Oh well.

Better Dances

YES GODDAMNIT.

More Fun PvP

I hate Arenas. It feels like its all just determining what your comp is until you get some god weapon, then you can restart arena teams all day long and fuck the ass of any poor saps who didnt get an over 9000 rating. I hope Rated BGs don't turn into the shitgasm that arenas are, because all I get over vent is yelling. 'WHAT THE FUCK, MAN? DEATH GRIP WHEN HE KICKS ME!!' 'JESUS THAT FUCKING ROGUE CRIT ME FOR A MILLION' 'OH MY GOD HE FUCKING INTERRUPTED ME AGAIN'

I dont care what he did, the only reason anyone has to yell like that is if they're on fire. Yat had some idea about PvP progression; this would be great. With what they are doing to talents and itemization, hopefully they can make arenas and BGs more about a players skill than comp/weapon, even in top tiers, though there will always be teams that just work better.

DONT CHANGE THE HUNTER'S MANA

Seriously. Focus is going to blow, because for the first half a year, hunters will either suck ass, or they will be ridiculously overpowered. Blizzard never gets it right the first time.

Fun Leveling groups and Authentic NPC responses

THE FUCKING WORLD JUST GOT BLOWN UP, MMK? EVERYONE HAD BETTER BE GOING FUCKING CRAZY. Imagine if half of America/Canada/wherever the hell you live got NUKED. I would be oh shitting over everything.

There's probably more, but I can't think of it right now.

Well, you wont have to have WotLK for some of it.

It's not like they can not have the cataclysm happen to people who didn't upgrade.

Yeah but what's the point in playing if you have to stop at 70?

My dream? That they'll trash that terrible idea called "Flying mounts" and make the game feel epic again.

Quite the pipedream, isn't it?

I'm just hoping for a better PVP system that encourages people to try to win instead of sitting around hoping to siphon honor or arena points as though it's a pension package from welfare. Maybe then, I might consider returning to my rotting character.

*Cracks knuckles*

The abolishment of hit rating and most other stats like that.

One thing I think Blizz could benefit from, and something that I hope they were going for in cataclysm, is getting rid of all the stupidass stats you have to keep track of just to actually hit the goddamn boss. Seriously? It's a giant fucking demon. I swing my sword and hit it. With the change in stats, they can focus on making a raid hard rather than making a raid dependant upon whether you have the gear to do it. You know, more 'don't stand in the swirly purple shit' and 'the entire raid has to move out of the fire.' Make hard raids based on a player's skill, with a minor bonus of having SUPER FUCKING GEAR. And having skill =/= having the best macros/best weapon/best rotation for your class.

If they made raids something you had to actually focus for instead of focusing beforehand on gear, finding the best rotation/macros, whatever, then they could truly make casual raiders. Seriously, I don't want to spend 14 hours a day running heroics on my DK so that I can run Naxx so that I can run Ulduar so that I can run ICC. I'd rather hop in in my PvP gear (dude, it's a fucking SWORD. It cuts shit. Whether its the Lich King or some poor bastard in a BG, it's going to cut it) and roll out of the fire, or time my DG to pull the boss off of the priest, or whatever. You guys remember running and pushing the button so that bomb didnt kill everyone in gnomer? Let's do that.

Raiding has already been dumbed down enough. And to me, hit rating makes sense as a stat because even though it's a giant demon/beast/dragon/undead your fighting, the fact that it's larger and therefore far stronger than you means that you have to have some kind of skill with your weapon to avoid it simply moving out of the way or grabbing your sword as you swing it and throwing it, with you attatched, into a wall.

If you want hit rating to go away, we may as well just dumb down everything else on gear to one simple stat; Awesome. The more awesome on your gear, the better you are. Problem solved, everyone's happy because the more Awesome you have on your gear, the more awesome you obviously are.

More Defined Class Roles

I was about to ramble about this in my above thinger. Make it so the DK in the raid has to, I dunno, DG some bomb or something so it doesnt DESTROY YOU. Make it so someone has to hamstring/wing clip/frostbolt whatever the boss while it is charging or else it does a shit ton more damage. SOMETHING. Maybe this is the same thing that I said above. Oh well.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this, especially since some of my old favorite skills from Burning Crusade that I'd use a lot (Aspect of the Wild, in particular) were hardly used in Wrath's raids, at least thus far.

Better Dances

YES GODDAMNIT.

Agreed. I want to do something other than Napoleon Dynamite.

More Fun PvP

I hate Arenas. It feels like its all just determining what your comp is until you get some god weapon, then you can restart arena teams all day long and fuck the ass of any poor saps who didnt get an over 9000 rating. I hope Rated BGs don't turn into the shitgasm that arenas are, because all I get over vent is yelling. 'WHAT THE FUCK, MAN? DEATH GRIP WHEN HE KICKS ME!!' 'JESUS THAT FUCKING ROGUE CRIT ME FOR A MILLION' 'OH MY GOD HE FUCKING INTERRUPTED ME AGAIN'

I dont care what he did, the only reason anyone has to yell like that is if they're on fire. Yat had some idea about PvP progression; this would be great. With what they are doing to talents and itemization, hopefully they can make arenas and BGs more about a players skill than comp/weapon, even in top tiers, though there will always be teams that just work better.

PvP is already fun. World PvP ftw.

What I think you mean is that you want classes that simply aren't designed for arenas to have another viable path or option to obtain high tier PvP gear. That also is something I want to see and I think will hopefully be implemented well in Cataclysm. My only concern about it is the fact that a lot of people have forgotten how to BG. Nearly everything I see in BG chat is related to total number of kills or honor gained. Objectives and actually winning? Too cool for the cool kids.

DONT CHANGE THE HUNTER'S MANA

Seriously. Focus is going to blow, because for the first half a year, hunters will either suck ass, or they will be ridiculously overpowered. Blizzard never gets it right the first time.

Speaking as a hunter, Mana makes no sense from a lore standpoint, and a change in our combat spending system would be nice, especially since it means that we'll have less cooldowns to worry about and a much steadier stream of points to spend. Unlike you, I actually want this. A lot.

THE FUCKING WORLD JUST GOT BLOWN UP, MMK? EVERYONE HAD BETTER BE GOING FUCKING CRAZY. Imagine if half of America/Canada/wherever the hell you live got NUKED. I would be oh shitting over everything.

There's probably more, but I can't think of it right now.

Eh, I level by myself. It's a nice break from everything else, so this doesn't interest me. My two cents.

You will in the future when they allow you to win arena points in rated BGs.

But then you still have to win the battlegrounds. You can only play a maximum of ten (?) rated games per week; after that, wins or losses do not affect your rating. So you actually have to WIN to get arena points, unlike honor.

I want the Forsaken to go back to trying to find a way to kill everyone.
I'd be happy if they made it where you could skip Outland completely.

These would be awesome. I'm still waiting to see what they do with the tauren...making them more badass would be great.

As for removing stats? I'm gonna waffle on that one. There is a part of me that enjoys min/maxing things to see what is more effective. There is also a part of me that detests the whole enchanting/gemming swapping that needs to be done "everytime" you get a gear upgrade.

But then you still have to win the battlegrounds. You can only play a maximum of ten (?) rated games per week; after that, wins or losses do not affect your rating. So you actually have to WIN to get arena points, unlike honor.

Ah. I hadn't looked into the details of the rated BGs yet. But it still leaves the door open for people to AFK their way to glory. Especially in the larger BGs like AV.

Hell, I had a WSG where we won, but we had three people running back and forth between the west and east sides of the map ever 3 minutes to avoid AFK marking.

Raiding has already been dumbed down enough. And to me, hit rating makes sense as a stat because even though it's a giant demon/beast/dragon/undead your fighting, the fact that it's larger and therefore far stronger than you means that you have to have some kind of skill with your weapon to avoid it simply moving out of the way or grabbing your sword as you swing it and throwing it, with you attatched, into a wall.

In all fairness, there is already a determinant for this, which caps at each level, thereby making it impossible for a level 1 to hit a level 80+ creature with the same proficiency that a level 80 might. And an achievement if you get your "weapon skill" to 400 in several.

I think it might be nice if weapon skill came with a hit bonus to lessen the need for it via armor/gems in higher level players. I can somewhat appreciate that a player will need more than just weapon skill for things higher in level than it, or to compensate for godlike armor, but that I need at least 5% to not miss when I lob a spell or muh fists at players of the same level as myself? Pfft.

Edit: I realize this isn't fair to casters, but mages stabbing things for weapon skill is fun to watch.

Only ten?

And yeah, the only reason why people "AFK to glory" is because BGs are pointless. Whether you win or lose doesn't matter because you still get honor and it's much easier to have a bot farm honor for you while you sleep.

In rated BGs where you have to win to get your points and your rating, I'm thinking people are going to take them a little more seriously. I highly doubt somebody is going to put a source of arena points for the week in the hands of a bot, especially if you only have ten games to win or lose.

Also, the way Blizzard is going there probably wont be any leveled weapon skill anymore, and instead it will just be a flat "You are trained to use [weapon]." right out of the trainer.

And good riddance.

More Defined Class Roles

You basically need a DK for Malygos. A DK for hard mode Anub is nice as well. Hard mode anub without a holy pally is insane. snaring the zombies for gluth. Oh yea, priests mind controlling Instructor?

Sounds like its basically already in the game.

You can't gain arena points if you don't win in arena.

That's the one thing they DID RIGHT! Gear that needs rating! Now bring it over into battlegrounds too.

More Defined Class Roles

No, moving away from specific class requirements was one of the things they did right with this expansion.

You have no idea what a raiding guild destroyer those types of requirements are. Oh god, we need a druid, hey, there's one, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available], gear them up (they are the only one in the guild, and druid drops is like 9/10 things that drop in this game, I swear), boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up , boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]

/stabs self

It's true. I would favor a game where you could run a raid of 25 paladins if you played well over a game where you have to complete a certain roster with specific class slots to have a chance.

Apparently, everyone eventually just laughs about it and turns to see the humorous side of everything.

But war, war never changes.

No, moving away from specific class requirements was one of the things they did right with this expansion.

You have no idea what a raiding guild destroyer those types of requirements are. Oh god, we need a druid, hey, there's one, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available], gear them up (they are the only one in the guild, and druid drops is like 9/10 things that drop in this game, I swear), boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up , boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]], gear them up, boom! off to a higher progression guild that NEEDS a druid too... oh hey, there's a druid, lets run him through [insert lowest level raid available]

/stabs self

THIS, THIS, THIS, AND THIS.

Only insert druid with priest. THAT was BC for FL. Dear lord, unique class skills were nice and unique - but fuck ever having to mass recruit one particular class for a fight where you ABSOLUTELY NEED THEM or you can't progress any farther into X instance.

Also, the way Blizzard is going there probably wont be any leveled weapon skill anymore, and instead it will just be a flat "You are trained to use [weapon]." right out of the trainer.

And good riddance.

Thank god. I'm so sick of that fucking system.