Derathenus

So what made you choose the faction you are now?

Me..Ill be completely and totally honest.

I was on Emerald Dream with a human mage, I got him to 70, i also had a level 43 paladin(draenai).

I started the game as a human mage, alittle before Burning Crusade with my own account. My brother was the one who got me into this game, he was a hardcore Classic raider, who quit shortly after orginal Naxxamas came out.

The guild I was in had horde alts on Twisting Nether. It was considered the Horde version of Emerald Dream at the time. I decided to try out the new Burning Crusade horde race, yeah i jumped on the Blood Elf train...:)

I choose Hunter as the class, because I wanted to try it. Basicly, I left my hunter at around 23rd level, lost interest, and went back to my mage, until summer of 08'

What are your starting stories?

Brother got me into the game, I knew off the bat that I'd roll Warrior, and I knew off the bat that I'd roll Horde, because Orcs and Undead were super frickin cool in Warcraft 3.

Originally rolled Tauren Warrior as they were my favorite unit.

I was impatient however, and wanted something that could use a sword, so on my second trial account I rolled an Undead Warrior named "Yazokth" so I could use swords, and I really enjoyed it and the undead starting zone (still my favorite starting area) so when I actually got the game (And conveniently forgot my original trial account, leading me to choose a new name, since I couldn't have the z, I used a t instead, which in retrospect is alot better anywyas, don't regret it) I rerolled him as Yat.

Been my main ever since.

Oh, I rolled on Twisting Nether at the start because an RL acquaintance of mine played on TN, though he quit shortly before I actually purchased the game.

Don't regret my server choice either, I love RP PvP.

I was addicted to free mmo's. They were semi entertaining and best of all...free. I remember watching the south park episode of WoW and thinking it was a stupid game. (look at me know right) First day of my college career I met up with a friend from middle school and he was a big WoW player. He asked me to give it a shot and play. I was hectic at first, but of course I tried it out. I have always been a fan of tolkien's elves and as a DnD player, I was playing a druid...so I played a night elf druid for 10 lvls. My friend threatened to shun me forever if I played alliance...but I wanted to play an elf. Thats when he told me about BC! HORDE HAD ELVES...he played horde. I quickly made my Blood elf hunter and began my career as a WoW player!

Coming to TN was a completely different story! First server I played on was a PvP server!

I started playing with my roomate on Skullcrusher. I loved it, he burned out after a couple months, I sought out a server to be my 'home' and found that TN was really the best option for all your rp-pvp fun times. To this day, despite all the whatever, TN remains the top choice in my opinion. In all honesty I would have prefered starting out Alliance and due to the disparity on this server regret my choice of faction more and more. The underdogs/good guys = Alliance and if you don't like that then I have nothing to chat to you about over turkey...

When I first started WoW, I was trying it out to play it with my brother and my boyfriend. My brother already had a night elf on Darkspear, so I went alliance and rolled a human priest. I played that character with them until Burning Crusade came out, when I decided to roll a Draenei mage.

I forgot my priest and leveled my mage to 70 with them, but after they let their accounts run out I had nobody to play with. I joined a few guilds, had some lame experiences with them, and in a fit of boredom decided I'd try out "the other side".

I created a blood elf and then a tauren shaman on this server, not only to give the horde a try, but also to test the waters for rp. I got lucky and found roleplayers in the starting zone the very first time I logged in on my tauren. Im glad that I chose the server, faction, and class that I did. I've enjoyed this character far more than any of the others I've had in the past.

I have quite the history...

Started on Boulderfist, after convincing my two bros to try it. Made a dwarf hunter, got him to 46 or so.

Quit wow.

Rejoined wow, made a human paladin on Ursin, 60, started early "rp" in basic forms.

Quit wow again >.>

Rejoined for Burning crusade, made a belf hunter on Ravenholdt, got to 70.

Quit wow.

I planned out the marines from the beginning always wanting to do a Theramore themed guild, so twisting nether wasn't the home of erp like Ravenholdt, and I saw it had this site, so I went here.

What made me choose the faction I currently play? Short answer - Horde had better quality across the board back in vanilla.

I was an original Alliance player (Dwarf) when I first started World of Warcraft. I enjoyed it, but I didn't get "far" in the game. I was in a roleplaying guild, and eventually (co)lead my own roleplaying guild, and we spent our time roleplaying and chain-instancing Scholomance and Stratholme. We were, at the introduction of Zul'Gurub, able to go in there as a raiding alliance with about five or six other roleplaying guilds - and did moderately well for a bunch of people who didn't know what the hell defense, mana regen, or any other simple mechanics went (I was a vanguard in valor without a clue what enchantment did).

Around that time, RP-PvP servers were introduced. At the request of my friend Lascivious, I rolled a Forsaken Rogue to play "the bad guy". I joined a guild made up from other people from Cenarion Circle, and split my time between the rogue and a gnome mage I currently rolled.

The biggest decision at that time was one weekend when I had two guild meetings - one with my gnome mage and another with my forsaken rogue. On my forsaken rogue, we attacked Ironforge (first time on the server, baby!) unsuccessfully, but came with a lot of roleplaying, fist shaking, and an over all feel of the evil villain who, while unsuccessful, had still come away with a victory against the doo-gooder.

On the gnome, we meet at the Oracle Tree to speak about how to assist one of our people who was possessed by a demon and dunking her into Lake Elune (or whatever it is in Moonglade) to cure her of this second possession. Then, without even a breath one of our own proposed to another, which accepted, and it became a wedding. The creepy part - both of them were dudes playing girls who were lesbians and both I think had be/would be/had something involved with demon possession and children prior to this meeting.

... choice was made for me, really. Though my only true regret is Abric doesn't have Murky - the most evil METAL Murky this side of Orgrimmar!

Started Alliance-side, along with my brother, on a PvE Server (Anvilmar). Rolled a Human Warrior, leveled it to 30, then hit a massive dead end with it. Discovered that Paladins were kind of awesome, but the one I rolled only got to about level 10ish before I just got bored with both the server and the game itself.

BC rolls around, I'm lookin' for a less...annoying side. Roll Horde, pick me up a BE Paladin, leveled her straight Holy to 70...then hit a brick wall called "Heroics/Raids". Managed a few heroic clears, but only ever got past Attumen in Kara. Everything else was a shoddy attempt at grinding reputation/Honor for PvP gear...on a PvE server. Boredom prompted me to roll another BE Paladin on Twisting Nether. I went tanking this time around, and I also began to dabble in RP, but nothing awfully serious. In time, I walked away from the game again until WotLK rolled around. Went back to Anvilmar pally, leveled to 80, actually managed to nab a guild that ran regular 10 mans and the occasional 25 man, but when I wasn't there, I was busy leveling good ol' Ray here, and she eventually hit 80. Then I got bored of Anvilmar entirely, bought a transfer for Dil to TN, and now I'm here.

I originally picked Dwarf because my two favorite units from WCIII were the Dwarven Rifleman and the Mountain King. Even though I was rolling on a PvP server, I still oddly enough thought up the shell of a character (I know, I'm weird.)

After a few months of that, TN opened and I get an IM from my brother saying that He, his roommates and I were all rolling there as Horde, and going to start a guild. This is how I came to play Horde.

I started out on Argent Dawn (RP-PvE) as Grev, a human warrior. I got to level 53 and found that the PvE rule set just wasn't appealing enough for me and quit the game because I was too lazy to roll another character.

Then along came the RP-PvP servers and I found out that a few of my longtime battle.net buddies were rolling Horde on Twisting Nether, so I followed them here and rolled a tauren warrior named Sole. All of my buddies except Raziel abandoned the server and somewhere along the way I ended up in The Grim, which cemented my love for TN Horde. I hit 60 for the first time and played another month or two before deciding I was burnt out on the game.

Eventually I decided to come back to the game at the persuasion of another friend who played Alliance on Emerald Dream. I rerolled Grev the human warrior and played him to level 68, then quit again. Once again I felt the game calling me, so I returned to TN to roll Grev the undead warrior, a "rebirth" of my ED character.

I've been on and off with this character, but he's my first and only 80. Inconsistency plays a large role in my WoW experience.

I joined with a group of gamers that I had been gaming with for years. We started out with DAoC, then branched off to tribes...CS...Plantside (miss that game) and by the time all of that had passed WoW showed up. We all rolled alliance, 'cuz we were a bunch of do gooders. It was about a 60/40 vote to roll alliance, and those of us who wanted horde just went along with the votes.

I rolled a gnome warrior (things would have diff. had I rolled a dwarf, I just know it) on release and half-assed got myself to 60. It was a pvp realm "Laughing Skull: The home of leroy jenkins (i wish P4L nothing but plauges upon their bloodline for eternity for that). A few of us got tired of the grind/gear crap and when TN opened we hopped on over. Several of my guildmates at the time were big RP'rs and I hadn't RP'd in ages...figured it would be fun to mix it up. Orc Hunter by the name of Loisshpwinch. Miss her some days, most days I don't.

Anywho that all fell apart..many many reasons. I wandered around for a bit playing every now and then...my buddy and I destroying guilds in our wake...quit when BC came out. Rolled my Priest and a few others.

Not sure why alliance can't hold me. Ive tried to play my little warrior again, but it all seems so...strange to me now.

Lok'tar ogar!!

When I first started playing some five years ago or so, I was Alliance on Feathermoon, played a Night Elf fury warrior, complete with demon hunter blindfold. I played there for probably 6 months or so, with Nadea on her nelf priesty. I remember when Warsong Gulch was first introduced, and sitting outside of the portal in Ashenvale running it as much as I could. Falling fast in love with PvP, I decided that I wanted to make a character on a PvP server. For some reason, in the deep recesses of my subconcious, I knew that for a full-on PvP character, I had to be Horde.

That's when I first rolled Keraph the undead warrior, on the somethingspire or spiresomething PvP server, wishing that there was a server type that included both PvP and RP. Literally like under three days after I made that character, the first PvP-RP servers were released, Twisting Nether among them. Overjoyed that my dream had come true, (I still take credit for PvP-RP existing; clearly it manifested by my will alone), Nadea and I rolled on TN within about an hour of it's opening (oh lord the crowds), and we've stayed here ever since!

I did try to play as Horde, but in the end the starting zones just got dull rather fast.

I ended up on Twisting Nether when I decided to try Alliance, more or less wanting to be on the side of the underdog, but still trying to find a server as balanced between Alliance/Horde populations as I could. Not sure in the end how the balance here compares to other RP-PvP servers since it's hard to get that information accurately.

We had rolled some characters up on Garona. Human rogue, Dwarf pally, etc. Decided to move all the guys over to a PvP server to entertain ourselves with World PvP. Horde was where it was at: less numerous (this was vanilla WoW), more entertaining ways to RP a town-raiding group.

Really, the only choice was whether to go with valorous rapscallions of the Horde with orcs, trolls, and Tauren; or vile, evil, villainous monsters with Forsaken.

We have all had our journeys...everyone here has alot in common I think.

I've seen the Raven Cross in action, Yat and Leoren you guys seem like really cool people, and I think I wouldn't mind fighting alongside you with some totally awesome story-driven pvp world events.

At the same time though, I've noticed the allaince is the underdog big time on this realm, and theres a few brave individuals willing to stand against them, and the rest, well they seem really apathtic, and that is putting it nicely.

I am aware of the brave efforts of some people in the allaince to change that..And i think you will be getting a new ally soon enough.

PS..Yat is that Ike from Fire Emblem?

The one and only reason I chose alliance. The Night Elf lore interested me the most.

The reason I stayed. Despite all the faction changes and what not there are still plenty of great people.

Started Alliance on a CB server, got really really bored and almost quit the game when a friend told me about TN and the Grim. Rolled Chingaso and never looked back.

My humble beginings? I played a little bit during the beta, I had a friend with an account so we just fucked around a little bit. I made a Dwarf, haha.

I didn't actually start paying for it until Summer of 2005. Friends asked me if I wanted to play, and I figured I would so we waited until sometime in July to roll on Kalecgos when it was launched. I started as an Undead Priest and leveled him as (lol) Holy, hating every minute of it. I remember being so terrible leveling with my friends. I would always wipe our little 5 man groups because of aggro, and they had no problem at all telling me I was a terrible healer. Soloing was kind-of bad too. I quit the character out of frustration, and started leveling my Druid Bambi thinking that Feral was Blizzard's focus for the class. I hit around 50 before I found out that that really wasn't the case, and that if I were going to play the class I'd be resto. I respecced around 55 and never looked back.

I quit for awhile when TBC was launched (I wasn't impressed), and most people here know the story about how I literally lost that character, or at least could know it if they wanted to. So I decided I would roll on TN on the Alliance side. I wanted to step into RPing, and I wanted to try playing without my IRL friends. Hehe, some of them were so pissed and even to this day tried and get me to come to whatever server they're on. I rolled Ryoku because well.. Druid is what I knew, and promptly joined the Cartel Enforcers.

Somewhere along the lines I befriended members of the Horde side, and as soon as my Shaman hit 80, I made the switch back.

Horde is my home. Even though we have silly Elves and the population is in our favor now, this is my roots, and the place my friends are.

Though if said friends wanted to go Alliance.. I wouldn't mind.

Sorry for the long post. Nostalgia doesn't hold punches when I'm at a keyboard.

My first character was an orc warrior. When I first joined I knew nothing about WoW lore and just thought it would be cool.

My first 70 was a Troll Enhancement Shaman.

Me and a few of my buddies that I made from another game stuck together horde side until we wanted to try something new, and went Alliance side.

We rolled on this server and made a guild which ultimately fell apart when several of us had to take a break.

The remnants of us joined Invictus Sanctum, the rest is history.

Why Alliance? The original reason was to try something new an exciting. The current reason?

Horde death animations are bloody hilarious.