Belzebeus

TNGers- Anyone remember a dwarf invasion-

Anyone remember a dwarf invasion of Tirisfal Glades- as I recall they were hunting down a specific Warlock to kill her... good times-

I remember guarding at the bridge with my small coven of Warlocks "The Eye of Kilrogg" and watching this gathering of characters all for a singular cause- It was fun watching everyone roleplay while they anticipated what surely happened rather quickly and was over far too soon- but still- good times-

Not sure what happened with the story-

Anything like this ever happen these days? Anyone interested in such fair? Anyone know what I am talking about or have I finally gone mad? heh heh...

Ah, Operation: Long Rifle. I think that was a perfect example of a PvP event that, while not going 'according to plan', both sides enjoyed it greatly. We had minimal cross-faction conversation (just to make sure the framework was set up) and it was a neutral enough thing that allowed even the most xenophobic of us to participate!

I know there are still events that happen here and there, but I don't think anything as successful as Operation: Longrifle. While it might take a few tries... I'm sure something similar could pop up sometime! Just hope you can get more RPers than fakers to show up!

Ah yes.. operation:longrifle - good times :)

Thanks for the replies!

Riling up the dwarves is like playing with ants- Can you imagine sticking a giant stick into Ironforge and watching all the dwarves climb up the pole in a futile effort of retaliation?

I believe it was Ironforge Regiment that lead the assault?

By the way, what guilds from that time have survived? I am more familiar with the Horde guilds: Sanctuary, The Grim, Infection... Back in the days of that wonderful Horde secret society of guilds which, while never as popular as one could hope, was still lots of fun for the Eye of Kilrogg to participate in.

I know there are still events that happen here and there, but I don't think anything as successful as Operation: Longrifle. While it might take a few tries... I'm sure something similar could pop up sometime! Just hope you can get more RPers than fakers to show up!

Because if people who don't RP according to Abric's standards participate, then it didn't really happen? Do I have that right?

On another note, I remember at least one equally successful coordinated RP-PvP event involving the Grim that occurred in April. PM me if you're interested in the details. But if one side isn't fully aware of all details of upcoming PvP and happen to come out with the fuzzy end of the lollipop, they tend to get butthurt and ban any public mention of it.

By the way, what guilds from that time have survived? I am more familiar with the Horde guilds: Sanctuary, The Grim, Infection... Back in the days of that wonderful Horde secret society of guilds which, while never as popular as one could hope, was still lots of fun for the Eye of Kilrogg to participate in.

I don't remember any Alliance guilds from that time period having survived to the present.

Onyx Sun was comparable, though less in-game except for the end.

I don't remember any Alliance guilds from that time period having survived to the present.

Ebon Banner is technically still around, First Legion is still around, and I'm not sure when Sword of the Morning was formed.

Because if people who don't RP according to Abric's standards participate, then it didn't really happen? Do I have that right?

On another note, I remember at least one equally successful coordinated RP-PvP event involving the Grim that occurred in April. PM me if you're interested in the details. But if one side isn't fully aware of all details of upcoming PvP and happen to come out with the fuzzy end of the lollipop, they tend to get butthurt and ban any public mention of it.

I wouldn't exactly call that "coordinated."

You don't have it right, but I do like your train of thought... perhaps you do have some potential in the army of DOOM, Irontoe. You shall be my right hand, which in most cultures is the hand that feeds you. I like food. Though to be fair to the others, I will require an application (to be sent in private messages for fairness)... but know you're in the running, kid!

By success, I mean exactly what I typed. It was a PvP event that everyone came away from happy - there were no hurt feelings and each participant not only got their 'money's worth', but they were able to get what they wanted from it. i.e. everyone won something and could look upon it fondly. Kind of like ... you know ... bringing it up on a post 2+ years after it happened.