Raynell

Powerlevel Cooking Week.

Wait, I meant Pilgrim's Bounty.

Seriously though, this holiday is amazing. Took me the span of at least half an hour to an hour going from a measly 50 cooking to a little over 350. Yeah, those who did it the "hard way" can QQ all they want, but the good news is that maybe we'll see more Fish/Great Feasts since there will be people who can actually make/use them.

Thoughts/Stories/Grievances are invited on this new holiday.

I never understood people who made such a big deal about things like this.

The people who complained when they reduced mount training costs.

The people who complained when "X profession" became easier to level.

Most likely those people who complain already have their profession or training or "X feature" completed, so why be upset? It does suck a bit that it became easier...but its not like you lose anything by them making it easier or simpler to grind. In fact, they have the benefit of having the feature available when the people just grinding it now does not.

Anyhow, I agree with you Ray, more fish feasts = good.

Those of us who may sell our cooking food will lose out, since the people who were too lazy before to level their own cooking won't have to purchase food, now.

Though I will benefit by not having to level it on a certain someone. Anyway, at least it only lasts a week.

Ah, I know a lot of people who have their violet nether-drakes (or are achievement whores in general) have already grinded cooking to that level -- cooking was required during Winter's Veil around Christmas time. So, if you've gotten it out of the way during this new event, it saves you one thing during your "Merrymaker" grind! =]

As for stories about Pilgrim's Bounty... oh, lol. The Raven Cross dropped in on Stormwind's feast a few minutes after it started... there were at least thirty level 80 Alliances and countless other lowbies present. After driving off the fighting force (most didn't flag, we'd probably have wiped if they did), we each took our seats at their tables and passed the poupon for about twenty minutes.

Speaking of achievement-whoring, the Turkinator one is god-awful stupid. Got it as high as 32 and ran fresh outta turkeys to kill.

Maybe I should hunt 'em in Elwynn...

Those of us who may sell our cooking food will lose out, since the people who were too lazy before to level their own cooking won't have to purchase food, now.

Everyone will benefit from laziness this holiday season.

I'm sure we can throw some last minute food on the AH for the people who wait until the last day to get their achievements. Never underestimate the stupidity of the WoW player base, last Winter's Veil people were buying Ice Cold Milk from the AH for several gold. Yeah, the same milk that vendors sell for copper.

I got from 80 to 3 hundred and...20 today?

Also

Turkinator is HARD

Yeah, I plan on waiting til the morning to attempt it. I get off work at 7am server time so hopefully no one will be around by then.

People are hunting my orc rogue down to turkey. *Sobs*

I'm looking everywhere for a dwarf rogue. I found one in Dalaran and he flew away before I could shoot him.

Why is every fucking rogue on this server an undead, blood elf, or night elf?

I'm looking everywhere for a dwarf rogue. I found one in Dalaran and he flew away before I could shoot him.

Why is every fucking rogue on this server an undead, blood elf, or night elf?

I'm hunting the Dwarves too.

Also, getting Turkinator isn't that hard. I got it after about 20 mins with an epic rocket glove with 2 seconds left.

Also, also, I think the Food quest maxes out around 350-360 skill level. You're still going to have people too lazy to grind 100 skill to get max cooking. Calm your bad self down there. :P

I actually found the Turkinator harder in Elywnn, so after doing my Pilgrims Peril I slaughtered turkeys in Tirisfal, waaay easier. Easier to see, easier to spot, less crowded...

I actually found the Turkinator harder in Elywnn, so after doing my Pilgrims Peril I slaughtered turkeys in Tirisfal, waaay easier. Easier to see, easier to spot, less crowded...

First night in Tirisfal (1 am, or something like that) was incredibly crowded. Everyone and their mother was out turkey hunting. Getting those 40 turkeys felt like the most competitive thing I've done in WoW.

My dwarf ran through Ironforge last night and between the bank and the portal to the Blasted Lands, I got nailed with that gun twelve times. And got hit 4 times outside Stormwind. However, someone gave me 5g after hitting me.

You can stealth and attack in turkey form. It's funny as hell.

Yeah I totally abused this holiday for cooking. Fuck achievements.

I have to do Turkinator though. I got 33 last night while I was killing turkeys for cooking.