Sign in to follow this  
Alacardia

Breaking the boundaries.

The Arcanist sighed heavily, tapping his nails against the old wooden tabletop in his study. His other hand steadily holding a quill over a small black book. Lost in thought the mage barely even noticed the ink dripping from the quill. His eyes instead focused on a mana wyrmling that appeared from nowhere.

"Hmmm, no. Your not him, last I recall he died" he commented idly at the demise of the previous wyrm that always floated by his side. The wyrm would shake it's scaled head in response.

Arianray looked the wyrm over quickly. setting the quill on the tabletop as he resettled in his seat. Pressing the tips of his fingers together as he rested he elbows on the tabletop." Couldn't be him anyway, your far to bright. That slug became to engorged on his free ride to even flicker." The mages eyes narrowed slightly as his mind rolled over a fleeting thought. A sudden realization occurring to him of the creatures origins. As if reading his mind the snake like creature dipped it's head in response.

The corner of the mages lip curled into a slight grin. " No voice to speak with then deary...or are you just shy? "he mocked in a soft whisper. The wyrmling slowly faded at the mages words. An odd reaction indeed, the mage thought. Unable to inquire further as every muscle in his form convulsed. Knocking his journal to the ground as he tipped back in his chair. A loud clatter as his form struck the floor. His mind assaulted with the sound of a faint, very distinct feminine laughter. Unable to process anymore as he blacked out.

"Tsk tsk, such damage from such little exertion Arianray" a soft feminine voice spoke as the mage's eyes slowly opened. The dull gray irises scanning the room he called his study. Carfully he searched the bookshelves for the scaled creature he had seen from the night before.

"Your not going to find me Arianray. What little energy I used to cast such a minor illusion spell did a good number on your frail body I'm afraid." The Arcanist slowly shifted his position. Laying on the stone floor of his study where he collapsed the previous day. A dull ache in his head gave him little warning as the room quickly began to spin. Opting for stable ground as he settled on the floor once more. "I'd take it easy if I were you. Else you might cause more...unnecessary alteration to your form."

The spellcaster's eyes quickly narrowed, running his tongue over a sore on his lip. In his weakened state he barely noticed the change to his tongue. No longer human in form as reptile in nature. Once again the stubborn mage tried to get to his knee at least. His hand quickly taking hold of the sturdy wooden table where he did most of his writing.

The simple act caused Alacar to clutch his chest as his body was wracked with a fit of coughing. The stars fading from his eyes enough to see the speckles of blood that now adorned the desk drawers. "Blasted warlocks.." he spat as he drew in another ragged breath.

Arianray's lips curled into a slight grin as the warlock departed. Having just finished with a rather amusing conversation. The expression unfortunately was lost, hidden by the hood he wore. His face nearly shrouded entirely by grayish cloth. A feint glowing eye continuously scanned his surroundings. The other elves footsteps seemed hollow in the vaulted ceilings of Sunfury Spire. The mage remained silent as he turned back to the mage's study. An oddly ethereal wyrmling appearing from the very air near Arianray's head. "A rather amusing individual as well..We should talk to him again sometime." the faint feminine voice seemed to come from nowhere in particular as the arcanist stopped in his tracks.

"You know how bothersome it is when you talk to me in public I hope.." he inquired not even caring if he got an answer as he idly looked the wyrm over. "Your looking healthier today, A good sign?" The wyrm did the closest thing the arcanist could describe as a shrug. "Maybe..although it still seems to bother you greatly" The wyrm turned her attention to the arcanists hand. The skin at his wrists turning a slight azure as it wrinkled up.

Following her gaze as well Alacardia sighed heavily. Altering the slightly revealing outfit by placing his hand on his chest. The separate strands of cloth realigning and coloring themselves. The mages form was soon wrapped in elegant black cloth robe. Richly embroidered with bluish runes that served to enhance certain aspects of his power. He hid the slight alterations by sliding his hands into the opposing sleeves. "As enjoyable as your presence is..I think it's starting to bother me." he opted to leave as quickly as he could. Taking the route the warlock had and descending the ramp into the rest of Silvermoon.

Arianray blinked suddenly, shielding his eyes from a bright white light that seemed to come from nowhere and yet everywhere. Finding himself in a nearly immesurable amount of space he paused. Having no recolection of how he had reached such a place the spellcaster called out. His voice echoing several times before dying down. "Hello?" he inquired, the echo discomforting as he looked around to his suroundings. No horizon, no landmarks. Just a big space that seemed to stretch on for miles.

The mages eyes narrowed, his lip curling into a grin. "This must be some sort of trick.." he thought to himself. "No, matter..I will not be played like some fool" he held his hands before him. A small ball of energy forming between his palms. Or that was how it was suppose to go. The mage blinked in suprise as nothing came to be. No portal, no magical means of escape. "Where the hell am I?" he demanded of no one in particular as he stormed off in a straight line.

On and on he continued over an endless sea of blank space. Growing irritated the magi stopped in his tracks. Randomly crafting a ball of arcane energy and sending the projectile off in the distance. Watching it's slowly shrinking mass with calculating eyes as it continued to fly off. On and on he watched till finally it disipeared alltogether. But it hadn't he grit his teeth at the relization. "Impossible!" he stated furiosly as he gripped his long white hair in his withered hands. "Don't you mean, improbable?" inquired a second feminine voice.

"Seryn?!" he spun around again "Why have you brought me here you, damnable worm!" he spat as he continued looking for the souce of the voice.

"I'm hurt Alacar, me, take you to such a desolate place..never" she giggled "This is all in 'your' mind alacar. Your only sleeping.." The arcanist blinked "dreaming?" he inquired rather calmly. The sudden quiet ending abruptly as the mage began to cackle a bit to eerilie. "And why, oh scalie one. Am I dreaming of such a blank place then? Since you seem to know all the answers." he clenched his fist as he inquired. "It's because your afraid..." the feminine voice stated shortly "Afraid that your going to loose everything you've worked for...That you might actually die"

The mages body seemed to shake at her words. His nails biting into his palms as he clenched his fists far to tight. "What do you mea-" he was cut off suddenly "You know exacly what I mean alacar..." she said rather gravely. "Your not excepting the fusion and your control of the arcane is being ripped apart." she sounded a bit amused, to the spellcaster's dismay. "I.." the mage began only to be cut off once more. "Accept what is happening to you, and know no limits to your abilities.

The ground beneath the mages feet crumbled. Sudden streaks of red light erupting from the cracks as the floor began to give way. The ground beneath the mages feet suddenly gave way to the mages yells.

He continued to scream, even as he sat straight up in his bed. Wide eyes in fear till the relization came he was safe in his room. No sooner had a sense of sucurity washed over him that a sudden burning pain erupted in his palm. With a stiffled scream he brought his hand quickly to his chest. A snapping sound catching his attention. His ears drooped to the side of his head as he looked to his palm. The deep blue crystal embedded in the middle of his hand began to crack. Pieces of it falling to the covers. "You won't be needing this anymore.." seryn stated with a short giggle. The mage stared wide eyed as the crystal finally shatted in several chunks. A deep depression left in his palm from where it once resided.

The mages eyes stared in shock, the burning pain continueing on along his wrist and forearm. The veins beginning to bulge as the crystals contents were returned to it's wielder. The arcanist took the fragment in his hand. Ignoring the growing pain in his arm as he tried to collect them all. "No..no..no no no!" he repeated, the fragments breaking as he would pick them up. "Handicaps alacar..nothing more then handicaps.." the feminine voice stated "If you want to remain like you are..make another one, I know you can do it.." the mage paused as he listened. "If you want to become something much more..." The arcanist understood even before the wyrm finished her sentance. Hanging his head in defeat the sudden silence that ensured was only broken by the sound of Alacardia screams. The wolves that inhabited the lands surounding the mages tower answering in suit long into the night.