Irontoe

"I Play for Fun"

good god i hope i'm not being a necrophiliac with this reply, but:

What's up with binding?

How can it make me play better if I already have my most used abilities placed where I can see their cooldowns better and near eachother?

What should a 0/66/5 protadin bind fo'sho???

Putting your key bindings in a way that they are closer together makes you a better player because you can hit things more quickly and thus respond more quickly. Even if you're just a PvE tank, that's still good. Being able to react quickly is important in many PvE encounters, and moving your key bindings will save you half a second which in some cases will be the difference between being a badass and wiping your raid.

Get an add-on that informs you when cooldowns are ready or when certain things proc. Bind your essential abilities, especially ones you might need on the fly. Feel free to click everything else.

As long as you have your "reaction" abilities bound to a key you're fine. Some people take keybindings too far and have literally every fucking spell in their book bound to a key.

I wouldn't limit keybindind to reaction abilities, but to commonly used ones, especially since you can pretty much keybind a paladin's entire PvP arsenal without resorting to SHIFT and CTRL combinations.

I wouldn't limit keybindind to reaction abilities, but to commonly used ones, especially since you can pretty much keybind a paladin's entire PvP arsenal without resorting to SHIFT and CTRL combinations.

Well, yeah. Anything you find yourself doing a lot it's always convenient to keybind it, but it won't drastically hurt your performance if you just get by with binding reactionary abilities.

Get an add-on that informs you when cooldowns are ready or when certain things proc. Bind your essential abilities, especially ones you might need on the fly. Feel free to click everything else.

As long as you have your "reaction" abilities bound to a key you're fine. Some people take keybindings too far and have literally every fucking spell in their book bound to a key.

I like the circles reaching the top, what do you use?

Well, yeah. Anything you find yourself doing a lot it's always convenient to keybind it, but it won't drastically hurt your performance if you just get by with binding reactionary abilities.

The only reactionary ability I have bound is my judgement...s....righteous shield and souch are on the right side of my screen in a 2x4 actionbar with decently large icons, with my avenger's shield, holy shield, hammer of the righteous, the paladin finishing move thing, and they're all above a...3x4 or 4x3 with hammer of justice, both mounts, hand of reckoning, and exorcism. There go most of my commonly used ones, all clicked.

Using keybindings is all about improving your reaction speed, and allowing you to act faster. It allows you to pick up mobs faster, it will tighten up your threat rotation, and allow you to more effectively use abilities that aren't on the GCD (like your taunts). In short, it helps you play better.

Though, honestly, if you're looking to improve, have you considered respeccing?

Using keybindings is all about improving your reaction speed, and allowing you to act faster. It allows you to pick up mobs faster, it will tighten up your threat rotation, and allow you to more effectively use abilities that aren't on the GCD (like your taunts). In short, it helps you play better.

Though, honestly, if you're looking to improve, have you considered respeccing?

To what, ret? lolret, i play proc because i like the game. If I respecced ret I might as well be using hacks, so OP, so going to get nerfed.

Sidenote: I'm speccing for PVP I plan to limit my PvE, but for that little bit of pve? Well that's why i'm 0/66/5 not 0/71/0

I was actually suggesting that you spec something more useful for PvE tanking than 00/66/5. Like the more commonly used 00/53/18. However, rather than making myself sound like a douchebag who pretends to know a lot about Paladins while just regurgitating what he read on elitist jerks, I'll just link to their thread if you're interested in more effective Prot builds.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t37172-protection_paladin_field_manual_wow_3_0_wotlk/

Though I guess if your desire is to PvP as Prot than just do whatever you like.

To what, ret? lolret, i play proc because i like the game. If I respecced ret I might as well be using hacks, so OP, so going to get nerfed.

Sidenote: I'm speccing for PVP I plan to limit my PvE, but for that little bit of pve? Well that's why i'm 0/66/5 not 0/71/0

Bro.

Prot's OP in PvP, not Ret.

Ret paladins used to be...I remember me and a deathknight taking on one who was attacking Gromgol alone, it felt like fighting a raid boss. Whenever the paladin was nearly defeated, first it Layed on Hands. Then, when we got her down again, she bubbled and healed, then we were out of mana/runic power and low on life, and she easily killed us.

It was insane...