Trilok

Who is Eskhandar?

I don't know where to look find out information about him. So all you lore freaks, watchya got? I'm even willing to read a story in a paragraph written by the lorehead Manus, himself.

There's very little on Eskhandar at all really.

From the etymology of the name (It's Nordic, which means it's probably related to the titans) and the information I gathered both on how the set fully looks and what the "Spirit" does and looks like, it seems to be something of a Fhenrir.

I am fairly sure Eskander isnt a person at all but more likely some legendary bear considering what his gear is. A pelt, a collar, two bear paws converted into gloves?!?!

Damn, I thought I said this before. I always considered him to be a lesser Loa, since he looks like the Panther/Tiger bosses in ZG.

The only other race I know that's similar to the look is the lamia (cat-centaur creatures), which aren't in the game, yet.

ok so, just one post for this nooby. i just played warcraft one for kiks, eskhandar is listed in the thanks section with the rolling credits. as well as the kitchen sink and me for reading them.

Well non-wow related there is an albanian hero called Iskander Beg (many spellings).

But I would have to agree that it seems the wow lore would be a great bear of sorts who was slain and made into powerful items.... course it could be the bear was not named, just massive and the hero Eskhandar killed it, and wore it as a trophy.....

I got this info from Wow Wiki

The programmer who wrote parts of the combat systems for the original 60-levels version of World of Warcraft liked the history of Macedon and Alexander the Great, and also the 1975 movie The Man Who Would Be King. In that movie, Alexander's name was pronounced by the actors as Sekandar, and at first the programmer was going to use that name for his new cat. A Persian co-worker in the computer department of CSUF told the cat's owner that Eskhandar was the name Alex in his native Farsi, so the cat's name ultimately became Eskhandar, Alex for short, in 1989. The cat, born even before Blizzard, died during WoW development. An item designers, upon request, created the Spirit of Eskhandar set since that cat had "seen" the release of every Blizzard title going back to Rock n' Roll Racing and Lost Vikings.