Cavanaugh

Judgement of the Cross

The warlock was a rare sight in Dalaran truthfully, far too crowded with disapproving mages if you ask him. But as he trudged through the crowds twords the fountain he spotter a flyer waving in the air and peered at it. After reading the thing fully, he smirked.

"What do you get when you wage war? War back. Good luck Ravens, the Heart will be busy dealing with real matters up north while you deal with your own problems. "

"Though I feel bad for the Sun Rock tauren, that'll be quite a mess to clean up after the slaughter"

he moved on, chuckling darkly to himself before getting another disapproving look from a nearby arcanist.

Leiwar leans back on his chair, looking at the dark wooden roof of the unnamed tavern at the Stormwind Park. He had a long day of old reports being delivered late, demands for supplies, someone wanted a raise, and some stuff that just didn't make sense. He really needed to revisit the hubs of the network to make sure people understood that the reports had to actually be true for the money to be sent. He heard the sound of steel on wood and looked at his table. He smiled at the waitress as he grabbed the stein of beer he hadn't ordered. He drank the whole thing before setting it down and extracting the wax covered roll of parchment. He broke the wax and unrolled the paper.

"By Malorne's antlers are these men mad?! And posted at Sunreaver's Sanctuary?!" He covered his eyes with his hand. "I really need to get back to Northrend."

"Warning such a strong organization? Is their king mad? It'll be a disaster." He again brings his hand to his head, feeling the soft thumping of an impending headache. "Sun Rock... We could gather at Stonetalon Peak...If they let us. Oh gods, I need to try to get as many alive out of there as possible."

He quickly scribbles messages on three different envelopes, gathers his things and leaves in a haste. He paid no attention to the waitress asking for pay.

Silver-green hair fell in front of the elf's face as she read the piece of parchment on her lap. So they were going after the Raven Cross now, were they? Funny. Last year at the same time it would have been the Grim, or the Marauders, but now that there was a bigger kid on the playground...

She rolled her blue eyes and let the parchment slip from her fingers. It was rediculous, charging the Ravens in their own nest, but she couldn't help but smile as she began making her way towards the docks. Retribution came on swift wings for the monster that murdered her daughter, and she couldn't wait to see how the seagulls defended their territory. It was a shame she wouldn't be able to see the slaughter that would ensue, but she had better things to do. If they were successful, she'd hear about it. If they weren't... well, then there would be no suprises.

A slow smile spreads across Trysteza's face as she reads the poster, folding it and slipping it into her satchel when her eyes reach the bottom of the page.

So, this is what Sir Cavanaugh meant when he asked if I would stand by his side in battle once again. If there is blood to be shed for the glory of the Alliance and my king, I will gladly join the fight. My intentions are not entirely noble, it will bring me great pleasure to watch the headquarters of those filthy beasts burn to the ground. My heart will sing as the sound of their screams fill my ears and my hands are stained with their blood.

She strokes her mace lovingly, grinning

Yes, brother, it will be my great honor to ride into battle at your side.

Anorah yawned and cast a dull glare at the concerned faces across the table from her.

"What.. you can't honestly expect me to have an intelligent comment regarding a joke like this, can you?"

She then smirked and nodded with another subtle cast of her eye's at the figure in the doorway.. it's shrouded shape disappearing thereafter.

"I'll have some more wine, then."

Philaris sat at the bar in the Lounge of Dalaran, one of the fliers in his hand, as he contemplated Cavanaugh's words.

"A bold move friend, a bold move indeed..." taking a sip from his minted tea, he sighed. These Raven Cross have been openly hostile, not caring for innocence they have taken with each strike. Philaris's heart pangs with guilt as he think back to the lives that coud have been saved when he decided to hide behind Pacifisim. No this could not be allowed to continue. A life for a life was never right but this had to end, if just to ensure the safety of those who would be targeted by the Cross.

"You have my blade Cavanaugh," he takes another sip from the cup of tea, "Acceptable losses..... how I despise that term"

The gray-haired Orc leans n his cane near one of the bonfires in Orgrimmar, watching as several peons feed it with dry tinder. A gust of wind picks up, sending a piece of parchment into his face.

"What the-!?" he snarls, tearing the paper from his head. The printed words catch his attention and he begins to read. He smacks his lips as he scans the paper, holding it at various lengths away from his face to better see the script. It moves from nearly brushing his nose to being held at arm's length. After several minutes of reading and rereading, he speaks out loud. "Mmm, glad I ain't gonna be in Sun Rock that day." he mutters, a dry chuckle escaping his throat followed by a wracking cough.

With that, he promptly coughs into the parchment, a large wad of phlegm staining the center. "Bah..." he grumbles, crumpling the paper and tossing it into the fire.

Cyrass looked over the translation given to him and laughed hard. "They're attacking Sun Rock?!" A small stream of sparks flowed up and down his arms, a grin across his face. "They're coming to us. Trees marching proudly into a shredder!" He burst out into laughter once more, the sparks flowing more freely. "Oh this will be fun."

Swerto looked for the only members of Raven Cross he recognized by name and face, he had not yet run into Yusegar, Yatokth, or Vaaldis. The rest of the organization was a mystery to him. He was well aware that if he was going to show up and 'defend' he would have to ask to come along.

Many new notches will be carved into my blade by the end of this battle. And perhaps I'll see a familiar face or two before removing their heads.

Catilyn couldn't help but grin at the parchment.

"What an opportunity it would be for the Scourge to intervene and kill them all..."

She caught the sharp glare of a Kirin Tor Magister.

Pulling her hood up to cover her face, she continued down the streets of Dalaran - her smirk still intact.

The Warlord of Infection smirked when the Alliance propaganda was brought to him. He hadn't seen their kind act with a semblance of a spine in some time, and took pleasure in the thought of the satisfying battles that would surely result from this show of bravado. He tapped a skeletal finger to his chin as he considered his course of action.

"If the 'Grand Alliance' is so bold as to set a date and time to be slaughtered, surely they must have something special planned. If so, a great many warriors of the Horde may find themselves defeated. Of course, the more likely scenario is that the Alliance fools march to their own deaths."

Keraph laughed to himself, relishing in the possibilities.

"I do so much adore win-win scenarios."

Xorek snorted at the notice, his breath billowing in the frosty air.

"The earth mother will not abide. They propose to descend on, and burn a small retreat, a village built about a mountain lake. An attack with no tactical sense, just a misplaced sense of vengeance?"

Xorek's tail twitched angrily. He leaps forward, landing all at once on 4 cat paws, and jogs lazily towards the mystic portal that will lead him to Thunder Bluff.

((I got class on Wednesday evening...but depending on how late this goes, hopefully I will be able to participate))

The Warlord of Infection smirked when the Alliance propaganda was brought to him. He hadn't seen their kind act with a semblance of a spine in some time, and took pleasure in the thought of the satisfying battles that would surely result from this show of bravado. He tapped a skeletal finger to his chin as he considered his course of action.

"If the 'Grand Alliance' is so bold as to set a date and time to be slaughtered, surely they must have something special planned. If so, a great many warriors of the Horde may find themselves defeated. Of course, the more likely scenario is that the Alliance fools march to their own deaths."

Keraph laughed to himself, relishing in the possibilities.

"I do so much adore win-win scenarios."

((I swear, if Keraph is perched up on the rise, tossing barrels of plague on Sun Rock while we're all fighting, IT'S ON!))

(Why? We'd all be good, those silly non Forsaken would be the only ones who died)

((and did you notice that plague hurt Arthas? If it hurts him, chances are it'd kill Forsaken as well.))

Somewhere, in the quiet hum of Dalaran's streetlights outside of the Sunreaver's Sanctuary, a young, armor-clad blood elf woman sat, weary from the duties of the day. A fluttering parchment landed near her feet. As her eyes scanned over the writings, she sighed heavily. She looked to her side, at her battle-worn shield, then looked to the dark violet glow of the starry sky.

"It's not my fight, but the innocents..."

She shut her eyes, taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly.

"Loyalty and dedication to your allies..."

In a swift movement, she took her shield in hand, rose to her feet, and strode to the path leading into the Sanctuary.

"You see this?"

Yusegarr looked up from his meditation to see the parchment held out to him. He read it, a growl escaping him as he did. They were targeting a retreat to avenge the sacking of one of their capitols? This human had too much to prove, and had no idea how to go about it.

Yusegarr noticed several others in the Filthy Animal were watching him. He crumpled the paper up, and tossed it across the common room into the fire to the cheers and raised mugs of the rest of the Horde. Yusegarr yelled to them in his deep gravelly voice, "They will burn just as quickly!" before raising his own drink.

((and did you notice that plague hurt Arthas? If it hurts him, chances are it'd kill Forsaken as well.))

((Plague was designed to ignore Forsaken,))

((Plague was designed to ignore Forsaken,))
((...all the Forsaken had to wear gas masks.))

((And aside from that, go to Venomspite in Dragonblight, watch the apothecary kill his apprentice with the plague.))

(that was the imperfect plague, they finished it shortly afterwards, and that is what we have now. It was the point of the entire dragonblight quest chain.))

Grumbling, Saulle removes several flying parchments along the Cathedral's sides. The tolling of the bell does nothing to dim the sound of children's laughter and the fluttering of birds. His eyes gaze ever upwards, admiring the day, despite the surprisingly large amount of aerial parchment.

Sighing, he casts several into a receptacle, and pauses for a brief moment as two words catch his eye. "Raven Cross," he utters under his breath.

His heart elevates for a brief moment and the Paladin inhales sharply. What was it Philaris said? Acceptable losses? He shakes his head and looks about.

No bells are tolling. No children are laughing. No birds are chirping. Stormwind feels like a tomb.

His eyes narrow and Saulle makes his way to the Keep. He'd have to hone his skills upon the front lines. The Cross would have to be crippled, though a lingering doubt begins to fill his mind about who would be caught in the crossfire.

(that was the imperfect plague, they finished it shortly afterwards, and that is what we have now. It was the point of the entire dragonblight quest chain.))

(( Why the gas masks, though? What sets the Forsaken apart from normal undead that would make them immune to the blight? ))

((I swear, if Keraph is perched up on the rise, tossing barrels of plague on Sun Rock while we're all fighting, IT'S ON!))

((DID YOU THINK WE HAD FORGOTTEN))

(( Why the gas masks, though? What sets the Forsaken apart from normal undead that would make them immune to the blight? ))

((Don't know the mechanics, I remember that in the quest texts and lore I have read that the entire POINT of the plague was to make everyone Forsaken, the incomplete plague just made people sick or killed them, or just melted them. The alliance gnome in Fjord 'perfected' the melt factor, and the Forsaken perfected the 'turn' factor in dragonblight. The current plague kills and raises you back as Forsaken. That's why the dragons burned the shit out of the area to stop that from happening. I'm not quite sure if there is any of the 'perfect' plague left, or if we lost it all when we killed putress.

How it targets only Non Forsaken I don't know, maybe just like the scourge's plague it has magical attributes and ignores Forsaken (and most likely ebon blade in the process)))