Broxigan

Highborne/Sun Druids

highbornes.jpg

This quest here has already been in the game, mentioning druids and the like. A dead end quest that got alot of people talking.

And now we have the one above, HIGHBORNES! This is going to be anoyther dead end quest in 3.2.2...but seriously...

This furthers along the speculation of Maelstrom/Emerald Dream with the way things are shaping up.

And someone mentioned somewhere...

What if we get "Night Elf Mages" and "Tauren Paladins." O_o

I'm thinking more along the lines that if the Worgen use the 'refugees from the Emerald Dream' origin instead of the 'transformed humans from Gilneas' rumor, then druid could certainly be one of their available classes. If they did that, then they'd probably add druid to another Horde race to balance it. Lord knows the goblins wouldn't be druids, so the only other real option is the Blood Elves, who are known to have at least one druid in-game.

The only problem with that is the blood elves already lost warrior due to having too many classes, so adding druid would make it tough.

Well, the worgen -do- come from another dimension...maybe that dimension is the Emerald Dream? (never having done alliance quests in Darkshire, I don't know how far into the origins they get)

OoooOOOoOOOooO.

I'm not sure if we'll see Tauren Paladins, (And I think, given my trouble with paladins of all stripes, I'll drive a knife through my heart when it happens) but I've always maintained that there is a possibility of Night Elven mages, if Darnassus found their current situation desperate enough to allow the Highborne to practice their arts. (Maybe they'll do a "We're accepting death knights now" spin tactic, and call it a "victory".)

Although, I would point out, the highborne have always been around in some fashion or another. Eldre'thalas I would guess, is home to one of the larger concentrations of them, but some may be hiding out in reclusive enclaves, in remote corners of Kalimdor. (Like at the top of those pesky mountains that no one is able to climb.)

Now that I've actually seen the Thunder Bluff dialogue all in one place...

I don't see that talking about Tauren 'paladins' at all. The use of the word light is a major red herring. I see that more as a schism within the Cenarions, where a sect of Tauren druids decide to abandon the Night Elf-led druids in order to found their own Circle that supports the Tauren philosophy instead.

However, I wonder if we're going to be seeing the "druid-magi" as a possible hero class.

I could see them building up to an Arch Druid class.

We already see from the Tauren dialogue thing in Thunder Bluff talk about Elune being only one eye of blah blah..

Arch Druid = Hunter/Mage (or Druid). Uses "sun" spells. Has a perma pet, either a perma-treant, perhaps a dryad, or some form of beast.

Nonetheless, WT-FUCKING-B AZSHARA BOSS FIGHT NAO!

I'd take worgen and goblins over another blasted hero class any old day.

And I want to roll the first gnome paladin!!! Taffey Lightseeker FTW!

And now, I'm going to attempt a thread hijack and mention that old "third-faction" suspicion that's reawakened in me and is now growing again. Why did Blizz take down the "wall" that prevented people from rolling both factions on the same PvP server? Maybe because splintering off DKs into a third faction would require such a mechanic...?

To clarify something: I -would-, however, think "hero classes" would be better served if you had to "sacrifice" another character of suitable level. You know, the old "prestige class" kind of thing?

There'd just be no going back.

Sacrificing creates a stupid reason for that class to be OP, it should just be a NEW CLASS, not a SUPER AWESOME BADASS CLASS THAT BEATS ALL OTHERS IN AWESOME.

Balance people.

Also there can't be a 'DK' faction.

Think to yourself on the underlying reason for a bit, considering WoW's main focus is PvE.

Well... Paladins might or might not happen but I would certainly expect to see Tauren Priests. Doesn't make sense for highborne to have them and Sun Taurens to not.

Paladins, makes sense to me. But, you know, we're so angry about change I doubt anyone would rationalize this like I (but mostly Diomades) have.

Let me point out that Blood Knights are not the same sort of Paladins as the Alliance have nor even that of high elves. I wouldn't expect Sun Warriors to be the same either. Simply by game mechanics, will they probably have the same abilities but they certainly will not be "Knights of the Light."

Yeah--I think if they can explain it that way, I'm cool with it (mostly just so Muatah could have his tauren paladin, hah). I'd love it if they could even rename the abilities, because "consecrate" does not scream "Sun-lovin' hippie knight!" to me, but I doubt they can do that, so I'll just pretendy-fun-times it and close my ears and "la-la-la-la" anytime someone says Holy Light. ;)

I'll just pretendy-fun-times it and close my ears and "la-la-la-la" anytime someone says Holy Light. ;)

Hell, I do that every time I see a Draenai DK...

Hell, I do that every time I see a Draenai DK...

Like Arthas couldn't have sifted through the wreckage of the Exodar to get fallen heroes for his army?

Yeah--I think if they can explain it that way, I'm cool with it (mostly just so Muatah could have his tauren paladin, hah). I'd love it if they could even rename the abilities, because "consecrate" does not scream "Sun-lovin' hippie knight!" to me, but I doubt they can do that, so I'll just pretendy-fun-times it and close my ears and "la-la-la-la" anytime someone says Holy Light. ;)

Go to Thunderbluff. They've already started incorporating it into the games Lore, which is far more than they ever have.

Eh, I was hoping it would have more to do with their druidism and less with getting Sun Knights or whatever (Tauren really don't even have the concept of "knight" in their society!, although "Brave of the Sun" sounds badass...), but Blizz'll do whatever they want, and I'll play anyway if they're making the world more dynamic and moving some of the big-ass storylines forward.

Why did Blizz take down the "wall" that prevented people from rolling both factions on the same PvP server? Maybe because splintering off DKs into a third faction would require such a mechanic...?

Interesting and awesome