Emmons

Champions Online

How are you guys on patching? Finally got mine to stop stalling but it is slow as dirt still. Going for the re download from fileplanet option so it finishes sometime this century.

Good things: Flight powers after you leave the starter zone.

Flight powers ((For the most part)) are all good

Customizable specs

Very actiony

Cons

Cat people and Furries

Yeah this game is hella open. You can have rezzing, healing, melee dps, range dps, roots, and tank all on the same toon ;p.

It is disappointing the first player I met in game was some chick with cat ears and no shirt but a bra though. I have seen a ton of cool concepts though even if some are cliche. Like a guy named Dead Eye who was a gun user dressed as a cowboy while also being undead ;p. I have already seen an almost perfect replica of many comic heros too, so far I have seen black panther, batman, the flash, that dude from the Dresden files, ice man, and couple others I cant remember off hand ;p. No points for originality but they look cool.

Fileplanet is the only one with it I believe Kirick.

PS: you can definitely make a hellboy look alike. Well minus the hacked off horns, they only have fully grown ones right now.

It sure does run like **** though. They seriously need to update the system requirements.

Can you say beta?

I had the opposite problem with WAr.

Ran well on my laptop, then the real sucked ass

Fileplanet is the only one with it I believe Kirick.

I downloaded and installed what FilePlanet claimed to be the most updated beta, but when I open the launcher, it tells me "no shards can be found," sits on its duff, and gives me no option to continue past that point. Is this a game error, or am I doing something stupid?

I would guess not. How does one do this?

EDIT: If you mean go to the Champions website, Create an Account, and use that username and password to log into the Launcher, then yes, I have done this.

Yeah this game is hella open. You can have rezzing, healing, melee dps, range dps, roots, and tank all on the same toon ;p.

It is disappointing the first player I met in game was some chick with cat ears and no shirt but a bra though. I have seen a ton of cool concepts though even if some are cliche. Like a guy named Dead Eye who was a gun user dressed as a cowboy while also being undead ;p. I have already seen an almost perfect replica of many comic heros too, so far I have seen black panther, batman, the flash, that dude from the Dresden files, ice man, and couple others I cant remember off hand ;p. No points for originality but they look cool.

Dammit, now I want to play so I can play Costume Creator Online 2

It's not gonna matter how awesome the game is, I'll be creating alts every hour and then leveling them to 6.

I would guess not. How does one do this?

EDIT: If you mean go to the Champions website, Create an Account, and use that username and password to log into the Launcher, then yes, I have done this.

EDIT EDIT: My friend told me that he got a Beta Key e-mailed to him after he registered, but I have received no such key. Is there a limited supply, or am I still doing something wrong?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Nevermind. Got it all sorted out. I should be in there somewhere in a day or two.

..... ok I had a nice message written but internet gods hate me. Sum up time....

Glad you got it sorted Kirick this game is really cool and worth a look. As for character creator online 2, you have no idea. Everything is custoizable, everything. Right down to your weapons or spell effects and special effect colors and emantion points. Also when you unlock builds you can even have alternate costume sets for each different one, not to mention the crap ton of costume item unlocks in the game itself. I spent two hours making my main character easily. Of course there is no class as well, unless you count the statline choice you make at character creation. You can literally have any ability on any character the only restrictions are on when you can buy them. With 14 different "powers" to pick from, a defensive power, 2 travel powers, and a energy builder (basically auto attack), you can do alot of crazy stuff per character. Everyone also has 8 character slots, if you lifetime sub before sept 1 you get 16.

This game is way more versatile than city of heroes, hell it isn't even a contest.

As for costumes themselves, I saw the inspector gadget and he looked cool. I saw yesterday just to point out a few a poorly done Vash the Stampede, the Hulk, an almost perfect Ironman named Sony Tark, the Lizard from Spiderman, Dick Tracy, Anubis yeah the egyptian god, a human sized Gundam, and a Battletoad from the old nes game, plus a ton of others I am forgetting probably. Well there was also that Green Lantern who used the bugged buff item that makes you grow to be like 10 stories tall too. You just have to see it to believe but I have literally stood in a room with 20+ people and no one looked alike. Oh and character names are no issue, outside of a few "restricted" names you can have any name you want regardless of other players so you can have multiple characters with the same name.

Edit: I will post some screens later ;p!