Kromag

A Trackers Memories

It has been only six months since last I saw my little sister Vilmah. She was not happy about my going but oh well, she is young and I did not expect her to understand. I have spent much of my time traveling to the ends of our world. I have seen much, smelled much, tasted more. All are quite fascinating, and yet for as great as it all is their is a blackness, a whole where my heart is.

I do not quite understand why I feel this empty, but I am sure I will discover this answer in time. The point of this quest is for knowledge, I must learn all I can of the realm and what it contains. In a few moments I board a ship to take me as far as possible. Mayhap I will gain much wisdom and knowledge from this trial. Although I am just as likely to find my death as well.

Well if I should fall at least it will be doing something good in my life for a change. Though I know exactly what Vil would say......

"You can do good things here, you don't need to leave the family behind. Just stay and see."

My little sister is stuborn, what can I say? I mean she is a Bloodborne after all, hmmm I wonder if she realizes we are more alike then I once thought. Bah never mind, such things are better left alone. I will need to have my wits about me over the next couple of years if I ever expect to return to her again. Oh good ship is docking, I will write more when I am settled on board.

Well things were going well for the first day of the voyage. But sometime early in the morn we were attacked by pirates. They were pretty organized as well, better then a lot of the rabble you see running around these days. Thanks be to the gods that we were able to repel them. Though the cost was high, we lost six crew members and four passengers. Including this rather interesting old man......think his name was Crogline. He was rather insane actually, suffered from some sort of visions or so he claimed.

He did tell me something not long after I boarded the ship that set me a little uneasy I must admit. He spoke to me about how one should never go seeking wisdom and knowledge when their was much left to gain from the place you call home. The reason I mention this is because I had thought I learned all that I needed with Vil and the rest of Sanctuary. I had after all completed all my training, learned all I could from those that sought to teach me. I figured my journey in my home lands were completed.

The old human man gave me an odd look, like he knew me and yet I know I have never seen his face before. I know this is odd but I write this because when I look back in a couple of years I want to see if this old man was right in any way. Well we are almost back at the port, after losing so much they decided to turn back and hire on more crew. I am getting my coin back and getting off and going in a different direction I think.

It has been another four months since last I wrote here. Nothing much to write about, well other then the fact that the emptiness I wrote about before has seemingly grown. It's not sadness, I know sadness and thats not what this is. It is not pain, I do not hurt. I had at one point thought maybe it was hunger and I had just forgotten to eat a meal. But alas it was not food that would fill me.

I will discover the meaning of this blackness, this emptiness, this void that seems to be slowly consuming me from within. A slight fear has worked it's way down my spine as I write these very words. I had once thought that the darkness which was supposedly wiped from my body was gone. But the more I think on this the more I realize that what started in my heart feels much like the old taint that was there.

I am unsure as yet if that is it. But if so how could it have escaped the holy magics of the priest that looked over me? How could this darkness still retain a foothold in my heart. Strange the way darkness works, try as one might to rid your body and soul of evil, and still a fragment of it remains.

I wonder if I should find another healer? Or perhaps a scholar would be a better choice? Yes perhaps someone well versed in life and all it's varied meanings? This is what I will strive to find, aid for a growing darkness.

I have found a group of those that gather together for the protection and search of knowledge and wisdom. They are made up of all races, they work together with a common goal. This would make my sister cry tears of joy, a sadness fills me to know that most likely the alliance will never get this way with the horde. But oh well, the point is that I am being allowed to study here for a bit. Their is only one other orc here, apparently we are a bit primitive in the way we speak. But the one I have met speaks just as I do, so this is interesting.

I asked his name but apparently none here have names. They wish nothing that would cause a gap to be made. No they operate without such things as name or title. All are equal, all are friend. They love each other and filled with great concern for one another. I like how they embrace each of the others no matter the race but I must admit it troubles me that they do not see the benefits of difference. Not the downfalls but the good, their is nothing wrong with being different.

A forsaken female took me into a large chamber yesterday. Full of vials of strange colors and smells. It reminds me of the Undercity, more then just a little. As she took me deeper into the depths of what they called the alchemic labs I started to wonder what it was they were trying to make down here. She led me to a large wood door with many interesting markings and symbols on it. Some looked slightly familiar, like something I had seen a long time ago. Sadly I could not remember, I know they had something to do with my past but I could not remember what.

Before too long a door opened and I was told to enter. Inside their was a large desk and a very large chair behind it. A male voice told me to come and stand before the desk. I did so, nothing seemed wrong. None of my senses could pick up on anything so I did as I was asked. Once I was standing in front of the desk the voice of the speaker I realized was coming from behind me. I turned and looked and beheld someone in a suit of armor that towered over me by feet. The eyes had a strange glow about them, dark glowing red like that of embers slowly starting to cool.

The suited one walked over to the chair and sat down, after he sat he asked me to tell him why I was here. So I explained what I felt and what some of my past had been including the healing the priest gave me. And after that he spoke sometime about the dedication of those that are here that serve knowledge and he pledged to aid me in anyway he could.

One year five months have passed swiftly from the day I left my sister. Time has gone by rather quickly, I was not expecting it to be like this. I find it odd how easily I have dove into all these books and spoken to those that keep this place. The reason it is troubling me is because I feel like I belong here. Like this is where I am supposed to be, it does not feel like I came here to find aid but came here to find a home.

But I know my home is with my sister and Sanctuary. The other very disturbing thing I have noticed is the feeling I wrote about before seems to be growing faster now. Like it is spreading throughout my body, my mind, and my soul. I do not quite understand how this can be. I have not picked up on anything dark here, their is no evil. If their was I would sense it, I know evil.

But their is something here, something that I would not call good either. It is not something I can just write about. I can not just name it, for I do not in truth know what it is. At best I can describe to you the feeling I get though as time goes on. It feels as though some great shadow loomed over this place. As though their desire for pure wisdom and knowledge is not founded for the reason I had thought. It is as if their purpose is not what it seems, yet all my attempts to learn otherwise have ended in failure. Someone is knocking on my room door, I will write more later.

A full two years have come and gone since last I saw my family. And now I fear I will never see them again. That place, the one I had thought was safe and was good. I was dead wrong, I had wondered for sometime why they were the way they were. I now know, most of those things there were not really alive. They were mindless constructs, some form of magic was used to disguise what they really were.

Dead, all of those that were really once there are dead. I was reading, I found a scribes logs about the formation of the temple and it's founding members. Their was at one time hundreds, now they are all dead. Something would come for them one at a time throughout the night. Some even attempted to flee. None ever got far, all were taken. Their fleshed flayed from their muscle, their insides strewn about and spread over an entire lab chamber. They were doing foul experiments, they would keep those that they wanted alive as they worked.

I am writing this as it reads in the last words of this scribe. He listened to the screams and the sound of blood and flesh hitting the floor. This book is even stained from where the poor human puked on it. From what the scribe could tell the one in armor was giving orders and these mutilated undead things did the work.

Odd, as I write this in my journal I think back to a certain undead forsaken female who had taken an interest in making me some sort of pet or slave. I can not remember her name however, Djali or was it Djahli something like that. She was evil and vile and I did get my revenge, though I do not like how I did it.

But I am straying from the point, this armored thing was making scourge it was obvious to me even if the scribe was not sure. But their was scourge all over. I do not understand why he would make it here in this manner........

Wait, something is coming. It is large, I can hear it's foot falls. Like a giant moving through the trees. Their is a cold feeling starting to over take me, their are others close by I can feel them. Smaller, quieter, little shadows dancing about in the darkness. They too come for me, I must stop writing and go. But I will leave a nice frost trap here for those that come for me, it should buy me some time. Their is to many for me to fight, flight is my only option.

I will write again if I live this night. If not well then the ones that find this journal should take it to Vilmah Bloodborne of Sanctuary. She should be able to be found in Orgrimmar. Tell her her brother died trying to do what she would be proud of. Stemming the scourge from spreading to all the realm.

This will be my last entry for the time being. I think I have lost those that track me. I had to fight some of them but still made it away from the bulk of them. I am returning home to hopefully find an answer for this darkness returning after I had thought it removed. I only hope after being gone so long my little sister will know my face and remember me. I need to find Sanctuary, they are more then a group gathered for one purpose in life. They are my family and it is my duty to rejoin them and help shape this realm into a better place.

I am coming home Vil, and do I have some stories for you.