Kromag

A Calling

The sun had only just begun to rise behind the dark form walking in the dust and sand that was once his home. A slight touch of warmth from the peeking rays of light filled him as they slowly chased the chilled night away. Stopping a moment the hunter knelt down to look at a few tracks of those that came before him. Small feet these were, like those of goblins, their was also the sign of wagon wheels. A caravan of some sorts perhaps, must have arrived no more then a few hours ago. Looking up from where he knelt he bore witness to the grand design that was the orc city. The rays of the rising sun illuminated it and made the shadows seemingly dance about. Standing and smiling the hunter slowly and carefully removes his helm and inhales a great breath.

It had been some time indeed, and yet the scents tickled his nostrils. Teasing and tormenting him of fine ales, rum, and the smell of roasting meat. He remembered all of this well, everything of what he had been and seen returned in a flash as his past seemingly caught up with him. His friends, his family......all he had missed. A wet spot slowly had begun to spread on the chain helm he held in his hand. Noticing it he realized that he was actually crying, him crying in the joy he felt at being home. This was not like him, but at the same time he had no desire to fight back the joy that filled him.

His smile stretched across his face, making his scars and wounds seem all the more vicious. His teeth sharp and many, like that of some creature out of a story. Standing he stopped his crying and forced himself to stop smiling. He was after all a proud orc from a proud family. It would not due if someone saw him looking so weak, even more so if that someone was out to hurt his family.

"Too long has passed, I must see my sister and make sure the House of Sanctuary still stands strong." The large orc grumbled slightly to himself.

Moving toward the main gate he replaced his helm just as another smile began to tug at the corners of his mouth. "I need to see how my little pale orc of a niece is doing." Kromag thought out loud. "Get ready little sister, Kromag Bloodborne comes home!" Smiling from under his helm Kromag walked patiently into his old home land to return to his family once again.

((Hey all just want to say please forgive me if this does not look that great. Have not done this in two or three years. Feel free to either join in or comment if you have suggestions.))

Entering Orgrimmar the dusty looking hunter made a path to the nearest place to find a meal. Kromag did not even care what the name was, let alone bother to look. He just went right in and found a table not far from the bar. Pulling the seat back he decided to sit with his back facing the door. Normally he would never do this, but he had faith in the large cat that stretched out and laid down behind him.

He knew that if anything were to happen his old friend would watch over him better then most allies he knew.

Before to long had passed a female orc came over and stood beside him, "What can I get you?" Her voice sounded like it was broken and hoarse. Most likely she had been working all night.

Kromag removed his helm and set it on the table and very calmly replied, "Roasted boar, Ale, and some sort of greens I think." Looking up toward the female Kromag smiled ever so slightly, "And if you are quick about it I will give you a bonus." At that Kromag tossed five gold coins onto the table.

The server looked at the coins and smiled, then quickly dashed away to the kitchen. Watching her go Kromag could not help but enjoy the sight of her walking away. It had been some time since he had come across a female.

"It is indeed good to be home, I have missed this place." Looking about he placed his bow on the table with an arrow already pinned in place ready to just draw it back should the need arise. Kromag was no fool, he was battle hardened. He had been part of many raids and adventures into lands where those who looked upon him would have killed him as soon as they could.

Kromag knew that their were eyes and ears all over this city, sooner or later someone from Sanctuary would find him. Hopefully before someone from the Grim. Being no fool, Kromag knew that old hatreds seeded themselves deep in the heart and were hard to dislodge. It was still early morning, the streets were quiet. Well as quiet as they could ever be for the orc city. Kromag just sat back and relaxed till his order arrived.

The female returned with his meal and Kromag smiled and pushed the coin to her and then begun to rip apart his boar. It tasted grand, the seasoning was perfect. Taking his massive mug he dumped a bit of ale onto the boar. Pulling a leg off he sat back and enjoyed this great feast. All the while waiting patiently to see who if any would be the first to show themselves.

Kromag used to know quite a few that either hated him or liked him greatly. But it had been a long time, good chance that most were either dead or gone. His mind raced while he ate. Wondering if those that would take a shot at him would be brave enough to do it themselves or would they cower and hire someone. Of course it was possible that the eyes and ears no longer were around. And if thats the case, well then, Kromag was going to relax and enjoy his meal in peace.

After waiting for quite sometime Kromag stood and replaced his helm. He had waited long enough, none had shown themselves. Perhaps with time they grew to be cowards, or they were dead. Either way mattered little to him, he had hoped to find old friends but such was not to be the case.

Dropping two more gold coins Kromag gathered his things and headed for the door of the place and moved out into the crowds of the now busy Orgrimmar. Whistling softly he called for his loyal friend. The large cat moved gently up beside him, all muscle and grace. Looking down at his old friend Kro smiled and headed deeper into Orgrimmar. Asking those he passed now and then if they knew where he could find Vilmah and the rest of Sanctuary.