Sifar

Contest #11: Adventures in the kitchen

Contest or Challenge Contest

Reward For one week you get to decide what the label on the "Recent Posts" button on the menu bar says. (Currently says Would You Like to Know More?).

When Entries must be posted by midnight CST Thursday the 25th of June 2009.

Who You, your brother, everyone!

Solo and Collaborations are fair game, although if you do a collaboration, I suggest you get some agreement before hand as to what you want the button to say so there isn't any fighting if you win. Also older stories that have had new content added to them this week is fair also.

How Post a story in the Nether Legends, then post a reply to THIS thread with a link to your story.

Specifics

This contest's theme is adventures in the kitchen.

This may include cooking disasters or works of art. Heck, it could simply be something that happened over a fine meal. Your culinary expertise, or lack of it, is the fodder for fine writing. (I hope!)

Flex your writing or collaboration skills for everyone to see.

On Friday the 26th I'll post a poll and everyone will have 2-3 days to vote on their favorite story.

I'd suggest it's probably better to enter something new, since the purpose of these contests is to inspire people to write new things. :)

(Not that the original story wasn't hilarious.)

Perhaps this is a contest to unseat the original?

Really though, it is a fair topic and I hope will prove interesting in new ways.

Sorry sifar, that comment was directed at cab contemplating entering the story from before. (Wasn't sure if he was kidding or not.) I wasn't insinuating that the contest itself was a bad choice.

I totally agree with Sylennis. These contests are awesome because of the new material they inspire. I was jus' playin' wif you. :)

Now...to scratch out some time to write something myself..........

Every contest I swear to myself that THIS is the one where I will write something. Maybe this time especially since Grainia's cooking is still at 1.

It seems we have a winner for this contest, already!

As the single entrant, Libelle gets the privilege of renaming the "New Posts" button for the next several weeks.

If you have new ideas for contest themes, please drop me a PM.

*sigh* for some reason, some posts don't show up as newly posted, and I miss them. I didn't even SEE this till today!

You shoulda said something! I've been DYEING to have Lisbet blow up the kitichen at "A Hero's Welcome"!

I've been so swamped that I also didn't give it my usual "Ra-Ra" promotion.

Maybe the next one will be open for any topic. (Unless I receive and inspired PM....)

OHHHH.

I've been so embroiled in drama lately that I didn't get to write my awesome story! I was just sitting down to do it, literally RIGHT NOW. It looks like plenty of other people have similar excuses.

Re-run of same? Pweeze?