Anthek

Ulduar Preview

My desperate, deepest hope is that this becomes the primary meat of Wrath raiding. A crapload of bosses, most of which have different difficulties resulting in different loots, all done with new (or at least fresh twists on old) mechanics, set in a great-looking environment. Enough to provide casual and hardcore raiders alike with months of content.

That way, when they decide to release Icecrown Citadel, it's a more average 5-6 bosses before Arthas, but the whole thing (or at least the final two bosses) requires everyone being on a level that basically dominates Ulduar. Something so that when I get Frostmourne, I don't see it being carried around the next week by someone in <Death by Sugarplum Fairies>.

tl;dr hooray I can't wait for fancy new stuff and I hope this allows them to make Arthas for serious raiders.

My desperate, deepest hope is that this becomes the primary meat of Wrath raiding. A crapload of bosses, most of which have different difficulties resulting in different loots, all done with new (or at least fresh twists on old) mechanics, set in a great-looking environment. Enough to provide casual and hardcore raiders alike with months of content.

That way, when they decide to release Icecrown Citadel, it's a more average 5-6 bosses before Arthas, but the whole thing (or at least the final two bosses) requires everyone being on a level that basically dominates Ulduar. Something so that when I get Frostmourne, I don't see it being carried around the next week by someone in <Death by Sugarplum Fairies>.

tl;dr hooray I can't wait for fancy new stuff and I hope this allows them to make Arthas for serious raiders.

I completely agree.

Although I still don't think Frostmourne the actual sword will drop (Considering, you know, it turns its wielder into the Lich King's servant), perhaps a shard of it or something.

Frostmourne better not drop >:o!

The glaives of Azzinoth is one thing... wohoo demon blades -who gives a fuck-

I am not having any delusional hopes that it wont. You said right there Illidan's glaives dropped.

Frostmourne is just a sword after the Lich King is dead and Blizzard can do whatever they want with it after Arthzul is dead. Hence the skull that Illidan had that gave him all his power only being a epic drop off him. "Depleted of all its power after Illidan used it," the reason for it being only a epic drop.

How much of Frostmourne's power would be left after Arthas dies? Without Ner'zuls power that made it the soul leeching blade that it was. Since it was almost a part of Ner'zul like the armor in the ice, if its not out right destroyed after death then I can see it losing power and the next thing you know someone is wipping it around.

I still say that it should drop... but the moment someone equips it, they become hated with all factions and become a raid boss, of which the server locks the person out of logging onto that character and assumes control of it as a wandering raid boss... of whom will drop loot, including the Frostmourne, to begin the cycle anew.

The character that possessed it then? Relinquished back to the player who owns them.... as a level 1 with base faction rep, though perhaps with some special bonus to the character so that it's worthwhile to relevel them.

So, if you want to be The Lich King and have Frostmourne, it comes at a price.

The event itself should be a .001% chance of ever happening when Arthas is killed, so there aren't a bunch of characters all over the place that are epically powerful.

Frostmourne needs to be DK only, and maybe Paladin. I swear to God if I ever see a warrior running around screaming "IM TEH KINGZ OF THE MAGICKZ LOLOL!" I will quit my subscription...

and come back three weeks later.

You'll sit there and like it. How do you think I felt wielding warglaives while warlocks are the ones who get the demon hunter ultimate?

Frostmourne Better not drop. Who gives a fuck about the twin glaives, some demons swords are pointless. They weren't even that cool on Illidan. Frostmourne is a completely different cup of tea. It's the fucking sword that sucked Arthas's soul out and made him into the Lich King,I sitll stand by the hope that the only way to kill Arthas will be to destroy Frostmourne.

Frostmourne Better not drop. Who gives a fuck about the twin glaives, some demons swords are pointless. They weren't even that cool on Illidan. Frostmourne is a completely different cup of tea. It's the fucking sword that sucked Arthas's soul out and made him into the Lich King,I sitll stand by the hope that the only way to kill Arthas will be to destroy Frostmourne.

Both swords have demonic origins, Frostmourne having been crafted along with the Lich King's armor at Kil'jaeden's discretion, and the Warglaives made for one of the most powerful pit lords, Azzinoth, whom Illidan killed and took them from. Ner'zhul's power doesn't come from Frostmourne; it's certainly powerful in it's own way in how it devours souls, but it's not the source.

WTB Fury Warrior dual-weidling the Ashbringer in his main hand and Frostmourne in his offhand.

Oh god I'd quit the game. Mostly because my dreams of being said fury warrior would be broken when I realized nobody wants to take me raiding.

I'd imagine Frostmourne would be the "Onyxia's Head" of Wrath. You kill the Lich King, Frostmourne drops, one person in the raid gets it and brings it back to Tirion. Tirion gives the player an awesome item (Fordring's X of Y), shouts a bit about how the player is awesome, and waits for another player to turn in another Frostmourne. (I imagine that after the Lich King is destroyed, Frostmourne would just be a big, serrated knife with symbols on it, no more soul-powered facecleaving.)

The difference between the Skull of Gul'dan and Frostmourne is that Illidan didn't empower the skull, the skull had a portion of Gul'dan's power left in it even after the warlock was dead.

Frostmourne's power comes from the Lich King, with no Lich King, theres no power. Its just a fancy-looking sword.

So fine, let the sword drop, and let it be a white weapon with no stats whatsoever.

Then again, I don't think the Lich King is going to die anyway.

Oh it not only said Vehicular Combat ma'dear..

One such threat is the Flame Leviathan. Once you've plowed through the innumerable ranks of the iron army, you will be confronted by an enormous tank. Mimiron built the Flame Leviathan as part of the V0-L7R-0N weapons platform, and as a result, this tank packs quite a punch. Normal spells and abilities won't be enough to take down this juggernaut, so you'll have to rely on your siege vehicles to outmaneuver and defeat the boss. After wearing down the massive war machine, you will have to launch players onto the tank's back to destroy its defense turrets and sabotage the Leviathan before you can move on.

We also get to assult VOLTRON by launching people at it. PEOPLE.

Fuck

Yes

I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the Voltron reference...

and if you leave all four points up, I swear to god I'm going to be worthless in the raid, rolling around on the floor in hysterics if I see the raid warning..

"..and I'll form the HEAD!"

I threw the MMO link up in the Lore section for lore spoilers and such.

mmo also had a video up of the instance last week? did you post that?

...that...place....is....so....BEAUTIFUL! (im studying 14th-16th century art right now as an elective this semester so it like totally fits in with that time period)

We also get to assult VOLTRON by launching people at it. PEOPLE.

Fuck

Yes

Now all those Death Knights count as projectile classes.

Though I imagine in progression raiding on that, the conversations will be all like:

"Oh crap, half of us are all ready dead?! What do we have to throw?!"

"I think we can finish off the fight with just one healer, LOAD UP THE SHAMAN!"

mmo also had a video up of the instance last week? did you post that?

...that...place....is....so....BEAUTIFUL! (im studying 14th-16th century art right now as an elective this semester so it like totally fits in with that time period)

I left out the video in my post in the Lore Section because it really wasn't finished and right now, the video is more of mechanic, in my opinion, than a lore related, though, it is freaking beautiful. And at the point of the video, unfinished.