Demetryus

Horde Militant Guild

Well my thanks for all the replies, you've been quite helpful. I've received a few PMs from a few different players, and it seems to be an interesting topic, which bodes well for me. I'll be spending some time investigating current guilds (notably the Grim and the Raven Cross), but it seems the most likely option is the creation of a guild.

Out of curiosity, who would be interested (and I mean seriously interested) in starting/joining such a guild?

And I'm more than happy to talk to anyone via PM if you want to discuss current guilds or ideas for a new one.

Reroll Alliance. There are a couple over here -- Ironforge Regiment, SW Royal Cavalry, mebbe one other.

I've gotten more into the habit of RPing out battles and I'd like to see more people in the Cross do it too

I never really got what that was. Is there a post on RPing battles? The one thing I thought WoW was good for was the battle part of RP.

Sowell

I never really got what that was. Is there a post on RPing battles? The one thing I thought WoW was good for was the battle part of RP.

Sowell

Absolutely, that is the case. But I think with PvP, people get hung up about it, so much so that they have a difficult time separating out of character ire from in character ire that they spend most of their time in battles hating the other player rather than RPing out that hate.

I've made a policy that even if it is out of character ire the other person feels towards me, I'm going to RP it out. Even if I lose.

Reroll Alliance. There are a couple over here -- Ironforge Regiment, SW Royal Cavalry, mebbe one other.

Or he can stay Horde and give those already plentiful guilds someone to fight in a militaristic manner. Starting off an RP guild with instant rivals has got to have some attraction to it.

Icecrown Mercenaries is a military structured guild based off of my own military experience. We however are not really like a guild as we only want to have about ten or so good fighters in the end and our recruitment process is made so that most people don't even make it in. We like the idea of being a small team rather than a large guild.

And also on my mage, I know me and Keraph have had talks about bringing a more military like structure to Infection a few times, right now its more tribal.

Well considering there isn't a full scale war military guilds aren't going to be as common as just knight orders and groups of adventurers. (yet, -crosses fingers for it happening soon-) even if the Human king has declared war on the Horde the war hasn't completely let loose yet... think of it as a SKorea/NKorea situation.

To run a big military based guild you have to have really good and dedicated officers. Doesn't really matter if the alliance is at war with you or not cause you make war.

Its more than just having ranks say private-General. It has to be an operational unit, otherwise its just another guild with military rank names.

Gotta have 5 man groups become squads and two 5 man squads would be your 1st platoon and platoons 1-4 would be your alpha company, hence a company would be a 40 man pvp raid.

Has to still be more than that though or you just have a fancy pvp raid, you need an officer in each platoon to be the platoon leader. Commanding general can then give individual orders to each platoon leader and easily micro manage the entire raid quickly. Its not really that needed in wow but it can be fun to see a well managed assault and how quickly it can crush the enemy who isn't ready to be flanked, drawn into kill zones or rapidly respond to a diversionary attack.

To run a big military based guild you have to have really good and dedicated officers. Doesn't really matter if the alliance is at war with you or not cause you make war.

Its more than just having ranks say private-General. It has to be an operational unit, otherwise its just another guild with military rank names.

Gotta have 5 man groups become squads and two 5 man squads would be your 1st platoon and platoons 1-4 would be your alpha company, hence a company would be a 40 man pvp raid.

Has to still be more than that though or you just have a fancy pvp raid, you need an officer in each platoon to be the platoon leader. Commanding general can then give individual orders to each platoon leader and easily micro manage the entire raid quickly. Its not really that needed in wow but it can be fun to see a well managed assault and how quickly it can crush the enemy who isn't ready to be flanked, drawn into kill zones or rapidly respond to a diversionary attack.

Now this is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about!