Advurb

Really? Really. Come on.

I love getting error messages. Especially when they're as dumb as this. Learn to code a game imo.

Sure you may be saying, "Oh QQ WoW is a huge game and the expansion is new." But hey, I get error 152s on average twice a day (game fails to load object/texture/etc) and have to run repair. So when I see something that lame, it's like a double whammy.

error.jpg

I love mistakes like that.

In our programming class, while making a calculator I accidentally created an unending loop program that would crash the computer and force it to blue screen. It was pretty funny, so I handed it in to my lecturer like that with an actual, finished copy. And that was just a single line of faulty programming.

It's hilarious to see a big company to something like that.

Then again, Divide by Zero could actually be a very real line of code. You could divide a number by zero to make it zero if you needed to for some reason or another.

I was thinking of times by zero in my half-asleep state. T_T

The issue is, that's only happening to you - so it's likely that your computer is giving World of Warcraft the command to divide by Zero somehow. It's quite possible that in not loading the textures, the program is reading the number of textures as Zero and trying to divide that by something else.

The thing to remember is that is telling you what the error is, the program - for some reason - is dividing by zero, NOT the command line typed into World of Warcraft itself. It's trying to divide an integer (whole number) by Zero, which is causing the program to crash. So it is identifying the error as such, NOT identifying a problematic line in the program itself.

Disable all your addons and everything first and see how happens. If that somehow helps, delete your WTF file and download everything again. If not, reinstall WoW.

EDIT: Apparently it's a driver issue that causes that specific error.

But hey, I get error 152s on average twice a day (game fails to load object/texture/etc) and have to run repair.
The issue is, that's only happening to you

No, because it happens to me too - all the time. It's never the same object/texture twice. Yesterday for example, a Horde flag, a mounted Death Knight, and the stucco in Silvermoon all caused me to crash.

Don't bother reinstalling. It does nothing but waste your time, because the errors will remain. And when Repair tells you that WoW is seriously damaged and needs to revert, don't do that either; all you'll do is disrupt your ability to reapply the patches and then you WILL have to reinstall.

The only way I know of to fix it is hope the damn patch hits soon. For some reason, this seems to happen to me every other major patch. Once the next patch comes along it seems to clear up with no explanation.

No, because it happens to me too - all the time. It's never the same object/texture twice. Yesterday for example, a Horde flag, a mounted Death Knight, and the stucco in Silvermoon all caused me to crash

My point was that it's an issue only a FEW people are having, it's not wide-spread. That's two people out of how many on this forum that are having the problem? It's not an issue with WoW. It's client side. The error makes that clear.

You can divide by zero in calculus...

No, you can't. Dividing by zero means you have an impossible equation, meaning you fucked up and did it wrong. It doesn't equal infinity, either.

No, you can't. Dividing by zero means you have an impossible equation, meaning you fucked up and did it wrong. It doesn't equal infinity, either.

Blah wikipedia blah

Refer to calculus and algebra, you can do it but it comes up as infinity.

The way you are referring to it is in elementary arithmetic, which is pretty much the common understanding.

-waits for a real smart person to come in and explain it all-

Blah wikipedia blah

Refer to calculus, you can do it but it comes up as infinity.

SIDEWAYS 8 IS INFINITE LOL.

In ordinary (real number) arithmetic, the expression has no meaning.

In calculus, it pertains to variables, and inputting anything that would lead to dividing by zero is an incalculable, nonexistant value. Dividing by zero does not give an infinite number, but only as the variable approaches zero, but never equalling it, and only as a concept as the limit for the equation, and certainly not for any real applicable situation. Doing so in programming usually leads to termination, which caused the crash.

Well, technically you're taking a limit of something like b/a where a approaches zero which implies the equation b/a approaches some other value. Saying "I divided by zero" is kind of like shorthand for saying "I took this limit."

So yeah, no dividing by zero.

On topic, I generally just ignore any random crashes, as I rarely get the same error crashing WoW multiple times ina row.

In calculus, it pertains to variables, and inputting anything that would lead to dividing by zero is an incalculable, nonexistant value. Dividing by zero does not give an infinite number, but only as the variable approaches zero, but never equalling it, and only as a concept as the limit for the equation, and certainly not for any real applicable situation. Doing so in programming usually leads to termination, which caused the crash.

Hence

DIVIDED BY ZERO OH SHI--