Irontoe

Gauging Interest in a Heavy PvP-RP Guild [A]

Actually, all my characters tend to be "good". I may need to practice being snarky and stuff while I level up an alt.

Well, Irontoe is certainly convinced he is serving the greater good.

I sucessfully transferred my gnome over!

Trying to get her to 60, but I wanted to PvP and BG for a bit once I get to 59 (got Shadow craft armor 3/8).

I will let you know once I hit 60!

Hmm...I have no one even near the level you're looking for. I guess I'll have to do my sneering from afar.

Actually, all my characters tend to be "good". I may need to practice being snarky and stuff while I level up an alt.

Self Righteousness, not evil. Get it right, sheesh!

So is Fordragon Imports open for business then? Or are you still waiting to set some things up before you open it to the public?

Definitely still setting some things up. Right now all the website content runs off the right edge of the page in Firefox and IE, for instance. I probably missed a semicolon somewhere in the hundreds of lines of CSS. Also need to finish the rules, which are far more time consuming to think up than I would have thought. Also need a vent server; will likely coordinate with Swerto on that front. I want to start strong, get a World PvP event going on opening night and get our name out there. This will require building recruits for a couple weeks before launch.

So yeah. 3-4 weeks is a good timetable.

Or you could ask Mylnn to use her server, I'm sure the Pale Heart won't mind sharing :o

Just in case you know, the person who owns my servers (not me) says "no"

Good luck with this, Irontoe. Make sure you put a post in the RP Guilds and Associations Recruitment section about the new guild :)

Ah, thanks Villayna. I had forgotten about that.

You all have been so supportive. As a final favor (I hope), I would like to ask anyone reading this thread who likes the guild plan to bump the following thread on the TN server forums as it falls down the topic list:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14132375345&sid=1

Dobzahnsky picks up the flier and examines it carefully beneath buzzing green-lit goggles. He scraps his teeth with a toothpick and chews whatever it was that he discovered wedged in there. "Textiles, huh?" he asked himself. He put the paper down next to a giant teetering stack of letters from ever Stormwind Library Grant Repository, Our Lady of Ironforge, Baron Revilgaz's charitable desk, and every other funding agency in Lordaeron. The bold "REJECTED" that marked the letters distracted Dobzahnsky for a moment...but he picked up a book he had been reading and tossed it on top. "The magic of sexual reproduction" by Donald Symons.

Dobzahnsky couldn't see well if it weren't for his night vision goggles. The basement of Gnomeregan Tech's biolaboratory had lost four of its five electric candlesticks and Dobzahnsky had switched to simple oil-soaked torches for light. The University doors were bolted shut and few in Ironforge still knew the tiny gnome toiled away in its basement, eating conjured food and sneaking out at night through a heat vent to mail off his grant applications and requests for supplies. One of the few who did know about his nocturnal habits was his subject: Prowlin' Sharptusk, a forest troll from Alterac who had been delivered to him in an oversized urn, drugged into unconsciousness and barely remembering his life as a slave to the peasants of Alterac. Another was Filbert, a wilted old sheep that chewed some half masticated hay in his own cage next to the troll.

Dobzahnsky approached Sharptusk who stood quivering in his bamboo cage. The first day he was there he tried to gnaw through the bars but after a dozen splinters he had given up. In an adjoining cage was an impatient sheep that paced back and forth, clopping along on its own dung. Dobzahnsky twittered his fingers and summoned arcane energy into the room. He mouthed the words he had learned at Gnomeregan Tech years ago when Icia first taught him art of transmorphication. The troll grit his teeth pushing his tusks together. Slowly they receeded into his face. His knees buckled and his hunched back started straightening out while dirty grey hairs sprouted over his bare back. His fingers fused together into hoofs and a moment later he fell on all fours... a normal gray baying female sheep.

"Okay, filbert," Dobzahnsky said to the natural born sheep as he pulled a rope, lifting the bamboo divider that separated the two cages. The sheep approached Sharptusk eagerly, sniffing about the cage as if looking for a hidden morsel. Finding what it was looking for it hoped up on its back legs. Sharptusk gave a bleeted cry. "Quit your whining, Sharptusk, it'll only take him a minute."

Dobzahnsky will be applying to Fordragon Imports as soon as he reaches the requisite level. He will be more than happy to perform experiments on captive horde and the like. And yes, for those counting, this is the second character introduction that involved semi-sexual contact with sheep.

Sounds like a great idea Irontoe...you've always been fantastic at being a trouble-maker and I know this idea will be awesome...or at least I hope it will. Unfortunately, I am a member of the "green-skinned, plague-spreading, cow-humping elf bastard" community and, on top of that, am really bad at pvp. So, I likely will just do my best to avoid you like the plague that I spread as I continue to walk the soil of Azeroth, but I can definitely be counted among the supporters of this idea behind the scenes.

Grumak

Edit: I was initially going to ask about the possibility of my Dwarf Paladin joining your crusade, but he is only level 30 and not likely to grow in levels very quickly except perhaps sparatically.