RavenReverend

Apocalypse for the Dragon Aspects? (might contain spoilers)

So after reading the novels, playing the game and dealing with the Dragon aspects I'm kind of wondering what this conflict in game and in literature represents. It sounds to me that this is a sort of apocalypse for the Dragon aspects, and that in effect, each of them is being corrupted and finally killed off, in the hopes that a new, younger dragon might step up as aspect.

Ysera it looks like is without a single consort, I've yet to see a green dragon in game outside of Ysera. Malygos is obviously nuttier than a fruitcake, and his last major consort is a little bit dead ; ). Deathwing is supposedly dead, doesn't seem to have any consorts or flight left. Nozdormu is awohl with his little buddy sitting tight in his place as the aspect of Time and a basically immortal flight, despite the fact it seems they're in danger too. The last one is Alexstrasza, who has been made into a baby factory, starved and nearly killed, and somehow still manages to look good in Blood Elven guise (yeesh, don't get me started on that one...how Blood elves, the most anorexic race in the game can come across as matronly or life giving is beyond me. ) Her flight seems to be the only one that's actually thriving, and I use the term loosely.

So if the idea holds, Ysera has no babies, Malygos has crazy babies and no unf unf, Deathwing obviously isn't getting any tail (unless he's stolen a red dragon or a gold dragon and is converting them to his heathen ways), Nozdormu, unless he's off on a beach somewhere in the continuum has already put a baby in charge, annnnnd Alexstrasza is probably telling Krasus he's gonna be "flying solo".

Any ideas of what's going on? Is there a huuuuuuge spoiler heading down the pipeline since I'm only level 75 on my highest character?

What's his name is a green dragon, the dude in the Wyrmrest Accord that was also in Swamp of Sorrows. There are still good aspect choices for the other ones, should something happen (Chromie should totally be the next bronze aspect, should something happen to Noz), Kalecgos would make the most solid Blue aspect, I would suppose. I don't see Alexstrasza in any imminent danger of dying, but Krasus would more than likely be named Aspect should something happen. And Deathwing's...got his own plans.

Have you read the latest book, Night of the Dragon? It's set between BC and Wrath, with Dalaran still in transition, and it answers a lot of questions regarding certain dragonflights.

There can't be new Aspects without the return of the Titans to gift them Fragments of Power.

It's becoming clear with Malygos' death, that the Death of an Aspect has no effect on the flight. They just become leaderless until the Aspect's direct heirs decide to regain rule.

As for lack of GReen Dragons? Hahahaha. Shirley you can't be serious. Temple of Atal'Hakkar; 4 Emerald Dream Portals; Eranikus in the AQ Event

I heard that Noz was the future leader of the infinite dragonflight, and that the keepers of time are all going to inevitably become the infinite dragonflight.

I haven't read Night of the Dragon actually. I'll have to pick it up from the library or something.

And Raz, the green dragons I've heard of are all DEAD or corrupted and GET DEAD. And my name isn't Shirley ; )

While it makes sense that her prime consort would resume her post, Krasus can't make babies. o_O It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me to have the Life aspect be a boy, does it?

That was less a serious post and more of a ridiculous statement with no citation made to poke fun at Swerto's seemingly baseless rumor in an attempt to make him go write poetry.

Check out the quests in Dragonblight for the Accord, specifically the one Cromie gives you. It's not as baseless as you think.

I think what's going to happen is the night elves are going to try to play titan themselves again, only ramp things up a bit, and use the technology of the titans in storm peaks to empower a new aspect. Now *that* is baseless rumour.

I did the quest, and am well aware of the rumors surrounding it, but I fail to see how the fact that SPOILERS Nozdormu shows up at the end is any proof that the bronze dragonflight becomes the infinite dragonflight.

Because if I remember correctly it was supposed to show who was in charge of the infinite dragonflight, and Noz showed up.

And the fact both can flow through time,

the fact that the infinite dragonflight is seemngly coming from nowhere,

there are so many things pointing towards this rumor. I've read up on it and I really think it's well based.

Citation

1) Ritual to reveal leader of infinite dragonflight reveals Nozdormu

2) Nozdormu leads the bronze dragonflight

3) Assumption: Nozdormu isn't making dragon babies out of thin air, or magicing up more dragons

I don't think the connection between the two flights is all that baseless, given the information. Sure, it's not a definite correlation (I could see Nozdormu taking wing over the nether dragons after Malygoes is killed, for example) but I definately see support for Swerto's theory.

I think she was going for the motherly aspect, not the "we need babies!" part. Male dragons in Warcraft don't seem to take care of their young in so much as they make arrangements for them to be taken care of. See Blackwing and his handling of his eggs during warcraft2 and expansion.

I think she was going for the motherly aspect, not the "we need babies!" part. Male dragons in Warcraft don't seem to take care of their young in so much as they make arrangements for them to be taken care of. See Blackwing and his handling of his eggs during warcraft2 and expansion.

This. Males of given species, save for maybe seahorses and certain species of bird, aren't' exactly known for being very exemplary of the life giving aspect that a female has.

With female species like that in the insect/arachnid families... I can see why most males don't want to stick around after the child is born....

Sometimes I wonder why praying mantises breed.

The male dragons take care of the eggs all the time, I.E. Sartharion watching the twilight dragon eggs in the Obsidian Sanctum. Of course, the mothers are usually closer, but dragons, as a whole, are very protective of their eggs and young. Deathwing was royally pissed off when Khadgar and the others of the Alliance Outland forces destroyed the eggs he had taken to Outland, even when facing down Gruul and his sons at the same time.

You know why we don't see a lot of green dragons? The same reason there aren't a lot of Druids hanging around in Darnassus. They are all sleeping away, helping to fight the Emerald Nightmare. NE Druids are just holding the pact that was made some 10000 years ago, but now they have a reason to stay. Druids afflicted by the Nightmare cannot awaken, and will eternally walk along with the Nightmare. Green Dragons, however, turn evil, like Eranikus, etc.. I think Ysera is the only reason why Green Dragons are not all corrupted, she has the mental power to keep the Nightmare at bay.

Maybe somewhat of the same thing is happening to the Bronze dragonflight? Maybe there is some timeline corruption seeping through the Sands of Time, causing the watchers and Nozdormu himself to become corrupt. We already know Bronze Dragons can be in multiple places at the same time. Chromie is in fact at Stratholme when you speak to her in the Wyrmrest Temple. So this makes it very possible for there to be a pure Nozdormu and a corrupt Nozdormu at the same time. Same with all the other dragons. The Epoch Hunter? He could possibly be a corrupted Brazen. The possibilities are infinite(Sorry... Couldn't resist).

Ysera it looks like is without a single consort, I've yet to see a green dragon in game outside of Ysera.

There are green dragons in the game, as noted before. Just because a consort isn't named, doesn't mean they aren't there. They are most likely in the Emerald Dream with Ysera fighting off the nightmare. And yes, there are good green dragons left (The dragon at Wyrmrest Temple)

Malygos is obviously nuttier than a fruitcake, and his last major consort is a little bit dead ; ).

**Spoilers** The players, aided by Alexstrasza, kill Malygos. This is a moot point, the Dragon Aspect of Magic dies. Like it was mentioned before, a new dragon might rise to be the "leader" - I hope for Kalec - but they wouldn't be a powerful as an aspect unless the Titans returned.

Deathwing is supposedly dead, doesn't seem to have any consorts or flight left.

Deathwing isn't dead. Infact, Lady Sinestra, in Shadowmoon Valley at the Netherwing Orc Base, confirms that Neltharion is still alive, and he took up the work that Nefarian was doing (Trying to create a Chromatic flight). No dragonflight? Aside from Onyxia and Nefarian (who are dead now lore-wise) there are all the black dragons in Outland/ect. Plus, I don't think a consort was named for Deathwing, ever. Thus, I think she is simply unknown.

Nozdormu is AWOL with his little buddy sitting tight in his place as the aspect of Time and a basically immortal flight, despite the fact it seems they're in danger too.

I still don't know whether the rest of the Bronze Dragonflight will side with Nozdormu is he truly is the leader of the infinite. If he is, the only reason I could think of for him doing this is to prevent his death that Aman'thul showed him. It has nothing to do with protecting the timeline - in fact its the exact opposite - So I really think that if Nozdormu came out and said "Yeah I'm the leader of the Infinite Flight, join me my Bronze Dragons," they wouldn't go with him. ***EDIT: I do like your idea Pyrisath, that would be pretty neat ***

The last one is Alexstrasza, who has been made into a baby factory, starved and nearly killed, and somehow still manages to look good in Blood Elven guise (yeesh, don't get me started on that one...how Blood elves, the most anorexic race in the game can come across as matronly or life giving is beyond me. ) Her flight seems to be the only one that's actually thriving, and I use the term loosely.

Alexstrasza has taken it upon herself to "guide" the mortal races whenever evil arises. Whether this falls into her domain in protecting life is a little sketchy, but she's been allies with at least the Dwarves, Humans, and High Elves since she was freed from Grim Batol.

So if the idea holds, Ysera has no babies, Malygos has crazy babies and no unf unf, Deathwing obviously isn't getting any tail (unless he's stolen a red dragon or a gold dragon and is converting them to his heathen ways), Nozdormu, unless he's off on a beach somewhere in the continuum has already put a baby in charge, annnnnd Alexstrasza is probably telling Krasus he's gonna be "flying solo".

My predictions:

Ysera eventually submits to the Nightmare after fighting it for so long, and thus she will be the next Aspect that we kill. Possibly Eranikus (redeemed) or Ysera consort becomes the new leader after she is killed.

Malygos is killed in his lair, so hes gone. Kalec becomes the "leader" of the Blue flight.

Nozdormu is the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight and we eventually fight him, he becomes the 3rd Dragon Aspect to be killed. Chromie or Nozdormu's consort becomes the leader.

Deathwing, the ever-present thread, attacks Azeroth (possibly a 4th expansion - I'm convinced #3 is the Emerald Dream, and the 4th is Maelstorm + South Seas ....Kezan is known as Deathwing's base of operations...) He becomes the 4th Aspect we kill. The Black Dragonflight hangs on and still is hated until the last of them are hunted down and killed, becoming the first flight to be exterminated completely.

Alexstrasza becomes basically the last of the "good" aspects that still upholds her duty given to her by the Titans.

Until she gets pissed off at the Alliance for their future genocide against the Horde

"YOU BE ENDIN LIFE FOO!"

-kills the alliance-

Get out of this thread.

As for the Bronze / Infinite thing. There is an infinite feller in CoT Stratholme that has a guardian of time captured and is doing -something- with him. (Which I'm pretty sure is making him into an infinite-dragonface like himself) And you have to kill him before he finishes whatever he's doing.

Ysera..?... Well if I recall you killed Eranikus in Sunken Temple and then magically he came back to life. So I figure the same might hold true for Ysera if the case of us fighting her does happen.

Reds are fine. They'll be fine for however long.

The rest I don't care. Blues are gonna die, blacks are gonna die (most likely) So its all gravy.

Well if I recall you killed Eranikus in Sunken Temple and then magically he came back to life. So I figure the same might hold true for Ysera if the case of us fighting her does happen.

But you took his chained essence and gave it to the dragon (in elf form) in the cave. Then went to try and find a way to communicate with him and the quest leaves you hanging. But then his essence comes back for the AQ questline and you fight him and free him and then he's all happy dragon guy again.