Thalarios

Blizzard introducing Paid Character Customization.

I agree with a lot of those comments. I am one of those people that plays only their gender so the gender change would be pointless to me and I don't know why I would be giving IRL money to them for a hair change when there is a barbershop for free fake money. Do I get tired of the same facial expression after awhile...yes a little bit so thats the only thing going for this, for me.

If blizz though wanted to be greedy as some of the posters said they would have made Paid Customization only features that would have attracted more to the service. Also on the race and class changes I believe race as the only slim shot of ever being added, class change would just allow people to have whatever class they wanted with no additional work once one is at 70. That would cut into the addiction factor of leveling more then one toon class effecting how much money they bring in with player play time. Plus the whole non-premades decision awhile back for just test serves, people got upset that people that didn't put the work into the class to have them at the level got one for "free".

Wait a minute; does this mean that now I have to worry about Blood Elves doing sex change operations? By God, I've been waiting for this Rp for years.

YEARS! AOL, come back to meeeeeee!

As long as you actually roleplay'ed that your character knows he physically changed his gender it could be interesting to say the most, but otherwise, this ide is both impractical and stupid from an RP perspective, in my honest opinion.

As long as you actually roleplay'ed that your character knows he physically changed his gender it could be interesting to say the most, but otherwise, this ide is both impractical and stupid from an RP perspective, in my honest opinion.

Eh, far from it I say.

I think the ability to start a new character without having to part with a lot of the work and effort you put into the gaming portion for the said avatar could potentially breathe some interesting ideas in the community. For example, one of the major downsides of killing your character off from an IC perspective is the assumption you'd either have to permanently wave that OOC flag or stop playing them altogether. With this option you could recreate a new character from scratch, while not having to worry about losing all the hard work you may have poured into their levelling, gear, achievements or what have you.

With alot of the features Blizzard has implemented thus far, from name changing, barbershops to the complete redesign this service will offer, I only see these developments benefiting the RPers. The only way I see this as remotely practical is FROM a RP perspective. Otherwise I couldn't really think of any other reason to justify such a purchase personally.

However you look at it though, I'm sure there's something we can all agree on. Blizzard is shameless. Yeah, I'm looking at you Mr. $15.

"We implemented the price to discourage its use being too frequent or trivial" my ass.

...I want to change my rogue's skintone because it has always been wrong and I didn't notice until level 60+...

However... it would feel stupid to pay 15 dollars just for that when you can get other things too... *eyes that sex change operation*

I'm glad it costs, to be honest.

Yeah, yeah, corporate greed blah blah blah, but stupid people would just constantly change their gender and other stupid crap if it didn't cost anything. It SHOULDN'T be trivial (in fact I think it shouldn't be in the game at all to be honest, kind of takes away some integrity.) although Leo made a few good points it could be used for.

I saw this coming a mile away..

Well someone else did.. But I was in the same vent as them. Yah.

Anyways!

Though this is all great and all that you can change your gender and your features if you really want to (maybe you're tired of that stupid face you chose when you first made your character), I feel (after a chat in vent) that this whole system is just adding more to removing player credibility.

Ninja some loot and now the entire community hates you? No problem! For a measely 15 bucks you can completely redo your character by customizing his appearance, name, and even sex! You'll be back raiding and taking no consequence for your actions in no time!

Anyways!

Though this is all great and all that you can change your gender and your features if you really want to (maybe you're tired of that stupid face you chose when you first made your character), I feel (after a chat in vent) that this whole system is just adding more to removing player credibility.

Ninja some loot and now the entire community hates you? No problem! For a measely 15 bucks you can completely redo your character by customizing his appearance, name, and even sex! You'll be back raiding and taking no consequence for your actions in no time!

Subliminal messages...? o.O

Anyways!

Other than the fact that even if you change your name, your friend's list and those who have you on ignore will still be the same, yeah.

But if your "internet cred" means an extra $15/month just to be an asshole in a video game, then more power to you.

Ninja some loot and now the entire community hates you?

You will still be on people's friends and ignore lists. Transfering servers would probably be the better option from a ninja-looters point of view.

I like this. Sure I wish it included race, but changing your character's appearance and name has a trivial effect on gameplay, whereas changing your character's race (and therefore racials) can have a sizeable impact. A name change is $10, so for five extra you can pretty much recreate your character in the same race.

Like Leoren said, this is awesome for RP. The barber-shop and name change options allowed me to change Evanthe from a warlock to a priest, and while I could change my warlock's hair, the face, skintone and gender were stuck at creation. Now I can create an entirely new blood elf warlock from scratch, even make the character *gasp* male. Yes, I like this a lot.

Well the only reason I could see using this would be to change my character's race after a racial change in a patch or something. But turns out that's not possible, so pretty much a waste of money.

Its a good thing. First off - how many guys rolled girl toons and regretted it later? Or vice versa?

;p

if they rolled a nelf or belf female they wont, thats for damn sure...

I wont change lyzoria, i made her a female for a reason...because no one plays female orcs and i wanted to stay away from the norm of taurin males and orc males as the horde "warrior race genders." :D