Yehvon

Blood elf Death Knight eyes

Is it just me, or do Belf DKs appear non "blood" in terms of their faction and power source?

The have blue eye just like High elves yet its due to the Lich King's powers. Does that mean the're not "blood elves" anymore?

DK = Ghostly blue

BE = Fel Green

HE = Radiant Blue

I can see how you make the correlation, a few people have already. I'm looking forward to some "high Elf" death knight RP in the future with people.

Consider also that many of the Elven DKs that exist now could have been claimed by the Scourge before the Blood Elves even existed as Blood Elves, so it's not entirely unfeasable to play a BE DK that was actually a High Elf who's life was claimed during Arthas's original attack on Quel'Thalas, or something like that.

Consider also that many of the Elven DKs that exist now could have been claimed by the Scourge before the Blood Elves even existed as Blood Elves, so it's not entirely unfeasable to play a BE DK that was actually a High Elf who's life was claimed during Arthas's original attack on Quel'Thalas, or something like that.

This. Just like the most logical argument against Draenai DKs.

This. Just like the most logical argument against Draenai DKs.

I find Draenei Deathknights highly feasable.

They can be Paladins, therefor by the old way of Deathknighting they can be Death Knights (and as such, why not the new way? Makes more sense than Tauren). They may be boasting a pure, uncorruptable state, but the past has proven that they are as corruptable as everyone else.

I'm looking forward to some "high Elf" death knight RP in the future with people.

I'm suprised you haven't already considering every single Horde Death Knight I have seen in-game to date has been a Blood Elf... Of course, it's not like anybody really saw that coming..

But good job for pretty much nailing and simplifying the major question in this thread.

every single Horde Death Knight I have seen in-game to date has been a Blood Elf

Not Gor'sir and Sister (my wife and I are having a blast playing our Orcs).

I find Draenei Deathknights highly feasable.

They can be Paladins, therefor by the old way of Deathknighting they can be Death Knights (and as such, why not the new way? Makes more sense than Tauren). They may be boasting a pure, uncorruptable state, but the past has proven that they are as corruptable as everyone else.

Actually the prime examples of "pure" draenei that are corrupted are the Auchenai draenei that work for the Burning Legion harvesting souls. Much of what those draenei's do down there is fairly heavy in necromantic magic. I know when I made a draenei DK that I kept that in mind and even used the same skin tone of those draenei in those areas. I play him off as being one of those draenei that accepted the Lich King instead of the Legion.

Have you looked at the eyes of the elves in CoT: Stratholme versus Death Knight eyes? Not even remotely similar. You can tell a Death Knight from a mile away.

It's generally accepted that the new Death Knights are from a recently built army, and when they break free from control, they return to their former allegiances. If any given elf returns to the Alliance, it's the same problem there has always been with playing High Elf. There aren't very many of them. They are Alliance. If they return to the Horde, they committed to the Blood Elf cause and denied their High Elf kin at some level already, even if it's only minor, so yes, they're still Blood Elves.

And my DK is a dwarf. You'll never find it.

When you do the DK quests with an elf (which I did because the DK specific skins on the elves make them look nice and sinister) you are told you were a hero of the Horde meaning you were once a Blood Elf and fell in Naxx after Burning Crusade launched.

I'm one of those "BE MODel DK's"

Because I created my pally with the intention of rping a DK before DK was even announced.

Also Arcane Torrent is a badass racial for DK.

The way I had heard it, from the Dvd that came in the box I got shipped basically said that heros and adventures who had lost heart fell pray to the temptation that the Lich King brought, however there are many different stories that can off shoot from this.

Maybe they're wearing one of those color changing contacts?

I'm amused by this idea. I like the idea of roleplaying out someone focusing on an elf's eyes to be told "nope, just contacts."