The_Golden_Wolf

Who controls the Scarlet Crusade?

So I've been running Strat on my mage for vanity reasons (trying to get that blasted mount...) and one of our runs took us into Scarlet territory. I know a little about Stratholme story-wise but, It's mostly foggy. Anyways, we get to the end and this guy turns into this giant Varimathras looking demon. Someone mentioned he was part of the reason the SC is so insane. Not, that I don't believe him but, I am interested in Scarlet Crusade lore. They are one of my favorite "bad guys" in warcraft. I seriously wish I could play one, because I totally would.

So for those that know, lay it on me.

After you kill Balnazzar, who was masquerading as the leader of the Scarlet Crusade, Abbendis takes control of the Scarlet Crusade, taking it to Northrend and renaming the Scarlet Onslaught. There, she surprisingly is found by the survivors of the first expedition that was sent years before, led by Admiral Barean Westwind, who takes command from her.

I'm not going to go too much further into that, as it's a pretty big spoiler, but the dreadlords have been extensively manipulating the Scarlet Crusade. Balnazzar was the one who tricked Mograine's son into killing him, and had been working with Varimathras the whole time.

Nah. He was killed by players. He's dead. All Dreadlords killed by players stay dead.

Which means Tichondrius is going to pop back up.

I'm betting that in the lore books, its going to be Thrall, Sylvanas, and whoever else lore-wise tagged along that "killed" Varimathras.

He'll be back (...yes in terminator voice)

Westwind controls them, officially... whether or not he's a skin shell for another dreadlord, though, who knows.

You get a quest to kill Abbendis at Venompost, and after she dies, Westwind puts a shield on himself to make himself immune to being attacked and just casually walks out of the building he and Abbendis are in at New Hearthglen, after saying ominous stuff.

He's more than likely a boss in the T8 or T9 dungeons, along with that Valkyrie that brings back the boss of Utgarde Keep as an undead when you fight him. It could be another dreadlord controlling the crusade as a whole, or it could be that Westwind is one of the Lich King's servants this time around.

He's more than likely a boss in the T8 or T9 dungeons, along with that Valkyrie that brings back the boss of Utgarde Keep as an undead when you fight him. It could be another dreadlord controlling the crusade as a whole, or it could be that Westwind is one of the Lich King's servants this time around.

Nope. You'll see him again at Icecrown.

You get a quest to kill Abbendis at Venompost, and after she dies, Westwind puts a shield on himself to make himself immune to being attacked and just casually walks out of the building he and Abbendis are in at New Hearthglen, after saying ominous stuff.

FUCKERS STOLE MAH GUILDNAME!

Being a Self-Proclaimed expert on the Scarlet Crusade, I believe it's important I get my two cents in.

I believe that, at the moment, the Scarlet Crusade is leaderless. The most prominate figures in the Crusade have been killed, or PRESUMED killed (Lord knows, no one stays dead anymore). However, it is entirely possible that the Crusaders in Tyr's Hand have already elected a new leader.

Not that it means anything, but my character is gunning for that position as leader of the Crusade.

It would be hard to say who is the new leader of Scarlet Crusade without spoiling a quest line in the icecrown. No I have not done it myself but as a lore leech that I am after this thread popped up I did dig around WoW wiki to see whats been going on. Click on the right NPCs and organizations and you get all the info that you need.

In the end Golden they kind of pool the samething again.

So I've been running Strat on my mage for vanity reasons (trying to get that blasted mount...) and one of our runs took us into Scarlet territory. I know a little about Stratholme story-wise but, It's mostly foggy. Anyways, we get to the end and this guy turns into this giant Varimathras looking demon. Someone mentioned he was part of the reason the SC is so insane. Not, that I don't believe him but, I am interested in Scarlet Crusade lore. They are one of my favorite "bad guys" in warcraft. I seriously wish I could play one, because I totally would.

So for those that know, lay it on me.

Carmen...you sound so naiive and cute...I hate to spoil this for you.

The guy who turned into a dreadlord? Yeah, that wasn't Balnazzar. That was Advurb. He ODed on Prozac that day.

Being a Self-Proclaimed expert on the Scarlet Crusade, I believe it's important I get my two cents in.

I believe that, at the moment, the Scarlet Crusade is leaderless. The most prominate figures in the Crusade have been killed, or PRESUMED killed (Lord knows, no one stays dead anymore). However, it is entirely possible that the Crusaders in Tyr's Hand have already elected a new leader.

Not that it means anything, but my character is gunning for that position as leader of the Crusade.

I think lore wise, the guys at Tyr's hand are no more. Its been wiped out. They were just an ant hill beneath the DK's and Lich King's forces. Thats why they leave for Northrend. Now, as for the guys at Hearthglen (old) and SM, they may or may not be still around.

Anyone else thinks that the "light" That Abbendis was hearing was an Old God?

I think it was... that certain someone in Icecrown... whispering to her. I mean, if the Lich King has the ability to do it over great distances, why wouldn't a... you know... have similar (if not possibly greater) ability?

Granted, it would have been cool if Yog-Saron had been behind it. But he seems to have plenty of "willing" servants these days, from Loken on down to furbolgs.

I think lore wise, the guys at Tyr's hand are no more. Its been wiped out. They were just an ant hill beneath the DK's and Lich King's forces. Thats why they leave for Northrend. Now, as for the guys at Hearthglen (old) and SM, they may or may not be still around.

All Azeroth based Scarelt have been wiped out. During the DK quest line you basically intercept the courier warning Hearthglen and the Trisifial branches to follow them to Northrend and not bother coming to Tyr's aid. But since the DKs intercepted the note to those forces they ended up walking right into a ambush. That last Dynamic zone of the DK quest line is destroying the forces that game straight into the Lich Kings trap. Thats why there are so many scarlet there when they supposedly fled to Northrend. R.I.P Azerothain Scarlets.

I think it was... that certain someone in Icecrown... whispering to her. I mean, if the Lich King has the ability to do it over great distances, why wouldn't a... you know... have similar (if not possibly greater) ability?

Granted, it would have been cool if Yog-Saron had been behind it. But he seems to have plenty of "willing" servants these days, from Loken on down to furbolgs.

My guess isn't either the Lich King or Yog-Saron. The Lich King as nothing to do with the Scarlet Onslaught while Yog-Saron might have some hand in it I am unsure. But my largest guess is who Admiral Westwind REALLY is. The do have the power to sleep targets in the RTS who says they can not control dreams.

My guess isn't either the Lich King or Yog-Saron. The Lich King as nothing to do with the Scarlet Onslaught while Yog-Saron might have some hand in it I am unsure. But my largest guess is who Admiral Westwind REALLY is. The do have the power to sleep targets in the RTS who says they can not control dreams.

That's where I was going with it, without revealing too much. I mean, it's far too convenient that he shows up when the Scarlets land in Northrend.

But now I fear I'm treading into spoiler territory...

That's where I was going with it, without revealing too much. I mean, it's far too convenient that he shows up when the Scarlets land in Northrend.

But now I fear I'm treading into spoiler territory...

I considered that, but I thought she already was being influenced by Westwind at that time....no? Then it probably is...*cough* ...him..