Broxigan

Warriors and You!

So, the only other thread I saw within here is the one about a month before the expansion. Figured it would be good to go ahead and bring up in a new thread.

So, warrior PVP. I am pretty darn sure Arms is going to be just as good, if not better, than it used to be. Personally, me going PVP on my warrior will be a new twist since I plan on being more of a DPS role [which is doable!] than a tank. Those are the plans, anyway.

So, anyone have specific strats against certain classes? Specific builds? Thoughts on Fury PVP, Arms PVP or even Prot PVP?

I have been searching for the zaniest fury heavy, prot skill focused pvp build I can come up with. I doubt any of them are very efficient, but I'm trying to find the balance between ease of use and effectiveness.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LZhxfsxVurcobkNorIzrx

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LcbcZhxfsxVurjobkhorI0b

Those two are the main permutations I've been looking at, or some variation thereof. I've really enjoyed the essentially standard prot build for pvp, so I don't mind remaining as that. A two-hander and a shield aren't great synergy, I realize. But I've seen it once before, and the image is just sooooo seductive. Like the dark side, I feel the call. Any suggestions on making the least gimped, titan grip/shield pvp build possible? Losing warbringer is a big blow, I absolutely love it.

You asked for it.

Arms and Prot are rape in PvP. Haven't tried Fury, though the utility of Heroic Fury is undeniable, but otherwise they don't have much going for them except beefy whirlwinds and death wish. And an unreliable healing debuff.

I much prefer Arms myself, Bladestorm is fantastic, and the amount of burst you can get from properly chaining overpower procs, execute procs, whirlwinds, and even revenges if you're feeling bastardly, is SICK.

Some people will try to tell you that Taste for Blood and such Battle Stance talents aren't worth it. DON'T LISTEN. Rend is amazing damage now, and Overpower Procs along with Executes usually keep you busy, and if you're hurtin, throw off a mocking blow or stance dance for a WW since you should have 3/3 Tact mastery.

WHAT ABOUT PUMMEL, YAT??!1/11/ Well if you have a laggy comp this could be problematic, but now that it's off the GCD you can dance > pummel even RIGHT after using an ability, it's not an issue. Same with intercept.

And in battle stance you're not eating that 10% damage to your face, which is HUGE.

Also, if you have improved hamstring + hamstring glyph and you're specced into imp slam, every time that procs, you can fire off a good 2-3 slams before the guy can gtfo from you. And slams are rage efficient and they HURT when they crit due to no normalization from not being an instant.

I'll make another post about Prot PvP later on down the line, suffice to say it's entertaining and hilarious.

As for your idea Leyujin, while it isn't conventional, I have to say the imagery is tempting. Losing Warbringer for heroic fury isn't exactly the greatest thing, but here's going to be a few suggestions on that build:

Shield Slam basically replaces Whirlwind, so GET SHIELD MASTERY. =D

Use those revenges, son! Want improved revenge.

Imp Cleave sucks ass! Don't take it! Ever!

If you wanna try a build like that, hit up something like this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=000000000000000000000000000000250301223200000000000000000325000134005312053102511301&glyph=020816050201

Imp Spell Reflect is godly. Do it.

This build still won't be all that great, but it'll be the most optimal not-that-great you'll ever play. And lulzy.

I wanted Improved Cleave because I love Saurfang, and want his babies. Plus I have this vision of me in Wintergrasp, surrounded by Alliance, and pulling off cleave crits with that two hander ten times in a row.

Okay, I'll drop it -.-.

The only thing that confuses me about your build is the improved berserker stance. Do you assume I'd be in that most of the time, switching out to defensive to spell reflect/revenge? My issue would be, lacking tactical mastery, there's a lot of rage that would potentially bleed out there. Or have I been misreading the talent this whole time and it's just a flat 10% attack power bonus in any stance?

I wanted Improved Cleave because I love Saurfang, and want his babies. Plus I have this vision of me in Wintergrasp, surrounded by Alliance, and pulling off cleave crits with that two hander ten times in a row.

Okay, I'll drop it -.-.

The only thing that confuses me about your build is the improved berserker stance. Do you assume I'd be in that most of the time, switching out to defensive to spell reflect/revenge? My issue would be, lacking tactical mastery, there's a lot of rage that would potentially bleed out there. Or have I been misreading the talent this whole time and it's just a flat 10% attack power bonus in any stance?

No, I was being stupid!

Let me change that for you!

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=000000000000000000000000000000250301223200000000000000000325050134005312053102011301&glyph=020816050201

Unbridled Wrath is of marginal use, so if you wanna drop those three into imp cleave, then go ahead, with incite the lulz of cleaving WOULD be great. But you can get epic cleves without the imp cleave talent, as it only increases the static damage.

Imp cleave needs a buff, like x% additional attack power per talent point or something.

Also, warriors hurt (except in bearform). What exactly can you cc a warrior with while bladestorming? Stuns? Cyclone? Disarm? I thought I stopped one yesterday, but I'm not sure.

Also, warriors hurt (except in bearform). What exactly can you cc a warrior with while bladestorming? Stuns? Cyclone? Disarm? I thought I stopped one yesterday, but I'm not sure.

You can't.

How about this as a question:

Is Commanding Presence really that important? The only thing that it is good for is Commanding Shout, since Battle Shout can get run over by Might.

If you're full arms you simply don't have the points to max it out anyways, because 3/3 Blood Craze is NEEDED in PvP. The heals are MUCH nicer now, and more noticeable

If you're full arms you simply don't have the points to max it out anyways, because 3/3 Blood Craze is NEEDED in PvP. The heals are MUCH nicer now, and more noticeable

Right. This is what I did. I took the vitals in Fury, and 3/3 in Blood Craze and with my last three points, I am popping them into imp ham which fills me out at 80. I know alot of people don't like to have imp charge, but I find it to be helpful with rage, especially if Sudden Death procs right off.

I know alot of people don't like to have imp charge, but I find it to be helpful with rage, especially if Sudden Death procs right off.

I'm torn on the matter. In arenas, there are a lot of ways to ensure you get the charge off, especially with the +5 yards glyph, but there are also many ways to have it taken from you. Once you've lost the ability to charge, unless there's a break in the combat or you get CC'd and ignored long enough, you won't have the opportunity to charge again, leaving those talent points more or less unused. Additionally, in my build I'm not precisely sure where I would redirect the points to afford it.

By the way, this is my currently planned Arms build. It's gone through a LOT of tinkering, and fairly extensive testing on the beta pre-release, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

How about a little spice. What do you guys think about Prot in PvP? Right now, for instance/rep purposes, I am prot....again...and I am finding it to be pretty awesome. PvP in defensive stance? :o

Imp Revenge + Revenge Glyph = Free heroic strike + uber damage.

In the crafted PvP set, I can usually pop off some pretty big Revenge crits, ranging between 3k and 4k. Shield Slams and Sword and Board only add to the sexiness of it all. The ability to shield block/shield wall can make you an unstoppable force [see: distraction to break up turtles.] plus the stuns and Thunderclap, which is also very nice now it seems.

I do miss my executes, bladestorm and 6k crits...but man, I can survive 'more' mobs at a time. PVE.

Thoughts?

Here is my build.

link

Now, I am sure I could have picked up Imp Disarm. And I just noticed Gag Order [wtf] also includes a silence on Heroic Throw. Hm...

Prot PvP is hella effective nowadays. It used to be that pre 3.0, they were irritating to melee, but they'd still go down, it just took a while. Now they actually do DAMAGE while mitigating all of mine (nothing makes me more sad than popping bladestorm and seeing BLOCKBLOCKBLOCKPARRYBLOCK 500~ ;o;). With revenge damage being static, you're guaranteed some solid burst, and S&B can provide more burst with random extra shield slams as well. I've been taken down by prot wars/pallys in the recent past, they're nothing to laugh at. The downside? If you're not the only target available, all of that defense goes to waste as people will ignore you in favor of the more easily killed targets.

Also, if you're serious about prot for PvP, really wanna get Gag Order and Imp disarm to shut down casters and melee more thoroughly.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=050233212303010021000000000000000000000000000000000000000305030130505310050102501000&glyph=030721030201

My Fury PvP build. I do not have a warrior to 80 yet, so I'm not quite sure how it will function. But looking forward to it. People laugh at my ridiculous non-conformist Fury PvP builds.

Until I blender their face into pulp. Then they're rolling Warrior Alts and asking me how to spec up.

Prot Warriors are friggin crazy. :[....Sticking thier big barrely chests in my face and critting for 3K with Concussive Blow... then 1K Slapping me with Shieldslam...and then another 1K from thier shockwave..... Oooooww D:

Prot Warriors are friggin crazy. :[....Sticking thier big barrely chests in my face and critting for 3K with Concussive Blow... then 1K Slapping me with Shieldslam...and then another 1K from thier shockwave..... Oooooww D:

1K shockwave? Pssh.

More like 3K. Shockwave and conc blow are the same. ;)

My Prot PvP build:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=350200002000000000000000000000250301225220012520330113321305000000000000000000000000&glyph=161302030201

Oh god, that titan grip/shield build was even worse than I could possibly have imagined. Maybe if you had optimized gear for it, it wouldn't be a free kill for everyone and their mother. I'm going back to 51 prot! <stomps off to sulk>

Oh god, that titan grip/shield build was even worse than I could possibly have imagined. Maybe if you had optimized gear for it, it wouldn't be a free kill for everyone and their mother. I'm going back to 51 prot! <stomps off to sulk>

Probably not.

I'm noticing as I level up I get owned hard by lower and lower levels. It's pretty pathetic getting roflstomped by someone 7 levels lower than you, but it's happening to me all the time now.

Of course, its always mages/warlocks/death knights/priests/paladins