Anthek

Death Knight PvP

This is true for all of the viable comps I've heard of, unless you're playing 2s with a healer.

Kind of a moot point though, considering how much more viable a rogue/warrior/hunter would be in the healer/X position than the DK. Running DK/Healer is a lot like running Enhancement/Healer. Both work to an extent, but the healer must really love excessively longer matches for no real benefit. Lack of MS/drain for the loss.

From my experiences, it seems as unholy you need to bounce a bit more mitigation. I've been mixxing my tanking gear with dps gear, in a lot of fights it's about survivability.

In my current set of "PVP" gear, i'm at around 26k HP and 26k armor. So far i've yet to lose a fight, at least while farming. Even took out an epic geared prot pally yesterday who burned bubble and LOH during the fight with me at 60% HP at the end.

Until you really stack armor, HP, and more AP to kill stuff this might be a good idea for a lot of DKs.

Also, I pvp in frost prescence, 60% more armor, 10% more HP and 5% spell reduction.

With the new patch that's 80% Armor, 10% HP and 15% magic damage reduction.

So for now outlasting seems better tha bursting down.. At least for me as a 5/5/5 spec DK.

-Thel

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Thelsuo

(Not in frost presence, that's why the armor, hp seem low.)

DKs are a strong dueling class due to all of the survivability of frost presence and your healing utility. Thankfully, the game is not tailored to duels. In PvP that matters (arena) you'd be much better off in resil gear and unholy presence, unless the situation arises where you need more survivability. I don't think many teams will focus DKs for that reason though.

You'd also be better off with 21/0/50, the best PvP spec for a death knight (arguably). Also, stacking str is better than AP. You should prioritize Str, then crit, then anything else when choosing temporary non-arena(resil) set gear or enchants/gems.

I'm not sold on the 6 point AMZ investment.

If AMZ had a targetting circle to drop it I'd consider it, but right now it feels way too limited for the amount of points you have to spend.

Running 24/0/47, no AMZ or Unholy Aura, 2 points in RoR and 3/3 Bloody Strikes.

my problem with it is that it requires way too much setup to effectively use right now.

it's kill or be killed, and AMZ doesn't really help that too much because it means my paladin has to basically be right on my ass to make any decent use of it at all. Strangulate is a better 'peel' vs a mage right now tbh :\

that and we have bigger problems with mutilate rogues dropping him to 10% in 3-4 gcds