Skaadvik

The Official Unappreciation Thread

The jist is simple. Things you do not appreciate. I'll start, obviously.

So I dressed up all awesome as Nathan Explosion and went to this show where my buddy's metal band was supposed to play, and they were gonna play me a Dethklok song. As it turns out, all the shitty punk bands decided to play longer sets and the show got cut short by like three bands, one of which was my friend's band, so I ended up sitting around wasted not really knowing any of the people around me and didn't even get to rock out at the end of it.

Words do not suffice to express my RAGE! ..so now I'm gonna get blazed and fire up the ol' WoWcraft.

Spiders in my bag of tortilla chips. LIVING SPIDERS.

Arachnophobia (as in the movie) much? Yeah it was in cereal and dead but..leave me alone!

A throwback to the halloween thread, people who think Halloween is a devil worshiping day (btw, some Christians were at my door early Halloween and handing out flyers! coincidence? I think not.)

I don't appreciate the fucker who put twenty some odd nails into the washboard at the base of my rug that I had to pry off the fucking wall today :D I hope he caught a cold or... or... got poison ivy or something really really unpleasant for the amount of pain my back is giving me.

The elevator music one of my coworkers has been playing all day on his laptop.

The current selection is an instrumental piano rendition of "In the End" by Linkin Park.

The current selection is an instrumental piano rendition of "In the End" by Linkin Park.

I dunno... That might be an improvement...

As for me, I do not appreciate douche bags that come into my store at the very minute we are closing and expect to have all their questions answered, thus keeping me there for almost a half hour later than I was supposed be. And I don't get paid for that fuckin' time.

People who think they have a personal right to party late into the night as loud as they please, without regard to their neighbors.

*cough* ..sorry.....

I don't appreciate the woman in the neighboring apartment that lets her 3 or 4 or whatever (hard to count voices when they're all screams) kids play in the damn hallway. Seriously, take them to the park, or shut them up. Not to mention,t here are STAIRS THERE. One of these days we're going to have a broken kid on our hands, and I'm going to have to feel sorry for it.

I don't appreciate people who do things just to try to get attention or special treatment. (aka attention whores). I think that sort of thing is just really unbecoming of people and is a REAL turn off to me.

I don't appreciate the fact that I have to work a Sunday for the first time in SIX MONTHS. WTF is that shit? No sundays, ever, because I get time and a half and that's double what most people at the store make on sundays.. and then SUDDENLY OUT OF THE FREEKING BLUE I'm working on a sunday?

WAY TO RUIN ALL MY PLANS OF GETTING MY SHAMAN TO 70 BEFORE HYJAL TONIGHT! THANKS A LOT MARIE :(

Oh and - I sticky this because its fitting and apropreate!

I don't appreciate people who ruin my tricks of dragging them out to lesbian bars for halloween D: - Oh. And that all the pictures of characters in sensual/nekkid pichurs get more views than any ones that are clothed. o_O Seriously. Wtf?

Lessee... I don't appreciate my poisonous skank of a boss trying to manipulate me into collecting information on a co-worker who's been undermining the manager rather than getting off her ass and acting like, oh, a boss, and talking to staff her own damn self.

I don't appreciate this same boss giving me a heavy sigh and, "...well, if you don't want to help out the company" when I refuse to work overtime at straight-time pay after my client assaults me, my hand is starting to swell up and will soon be nearly twice its normal size, and I've spent nearly an hour of my own time filling out incident reports, all because she fucked up and scheduled too many people on vacation at one time, and part of the reason the client flipped out in the first place was that he had no idea what was happening and no one was giving him any information (he is deafblind and has OCD and requires communication and a lot of routine and predictability).

And in game I don't appreciate the constant stream of faggot and cocksucker and whatnot that a lot of people seem to think it's OK to spew in BGs, and I really don't think much of the GM who, when I reported someone for constantly using the abbreviation fgt in Trade and asked if that was reportable, just quoted me the link to the ToS. I'm familiar with the ToS, thanks, fgt is clearly an abbreviation for faggot, that's against the ToS, and I need you to do a bit less quoting and a bit more investigating KTHXBAI.

On that note I really don't appreciate the expression "that's so gay," and for those who don't think it's insulting, consider replacing gay with black or another reference to ethnicity (preferably yours) and see how it feels.

And there's more but I'm gonna stop before I make myself cranky on a beautiful fall day. :)