Pearlle

How are you Zombie'ing Along? (discussion)

so...i was having an ooc chat with kadesh about how this zombie thing in his opinion is bringing a new roleplay experience where it may have been sorely needed, but how to me it's getting to be a bit much. then i read our convo to kor and he kinda laughed so i thought i'd share it. and then ask ppl some questions.

DireLilith (1:21:21 AM): "Kadesh leans over and kisses pearlle..then bursts into a zombie!'

DireLilith (1:21:27 AM): Pearlle kills kadesh. which makes no sense!

DireLilith (1:21:30 AM): two secs later

DireLilith (1:21:34 AM): Pearlle leans over and kisses Kadesh

DireLilith (1:21:37 AM): and bursts into a zombie!

DireLilith (1:21:41 AM): guards kill pearlle

DireLilith (1:21:45 AM): three minutes later

DireLilith (1:21:51 AM): Kadesh gazes lovingly into Pearlle's eyes.

DireLilith (1:21:55 AM): Then both burst into zombies!

DireLilith (1:21:59 AM): i mean..its a bit much right now

it's so bad that in rp pearlle stole away from the city and hid her kids. cuz i just can't figure this rp. but i bet some ppl have come up with some great ways of handling it. kinda like how libelle posted she ate all the candy secretly then threw up cuz she was sick, but her char decided to pretend she had the flu so everyone would take care of her. i thought that was clever.

how are you handling the invasion and the infection? what's your rp gimmick or storyline to make it contribute to your existing rp? and the repeat infections, the increase of the timer. anyone want to share how they're roleplaying this very fine experience?

House dej Dynastus and associates are leaving Silvermoon. They're heading for someplace safe, like Karazhan!

Um, where the undead just die instead of turning you into zombies.

Except for their uptight paladin friends, who are staying behind to cleanse everything. Because they're uptight paladins.

Also, FANKS! ^.^

how are you handling the invasion and the infection? what's your rp gimmick or storyline to make it contribute to your existing rp? and the repeat infections, the increase of the timer. anyone want to share how they're roleplaying this very fine experience?

Well, personally, Agnarr got infected and turned. Then had some folks gather up to assist him (one of whom still needs to post on the Day of the Dead RP thread), and now he's even more anti-scourge than before (which is impressive for a Forsaken).

What I don't RP is getting turned every 5 minutes when trying to do something in Orgrimmar. Just like I don't RP that Agnarr's died the 100 or so times the status shows he has since the last big patch and they started counting that.

Well... a good portion of my guild turned and raised hell on a nearby (*cough* Even though I had to fly there) alli town for a good long while. I... pretty much Rped it as I was in dire need of brains. >_>;;

I'm really not taking this event too seriously... I mean, it's not something I'm considering... damn, what's it called when the author of a book states "This is the way things are, so all your fanfics are not the real deal!" >_>;; Gah... I'll sleep on it and think of it tomorrow randomly and shout it out.

How are my characters handling all this?

Heh..

Lisbet is calm and collective, which is insane because she's normally NOT calm and collective. Usually she gets flustered quite easily and doesn't have the "forgiveness is everything" mentality a lot of the elder Draenei have. Her talk with D'ore (the one I never wrote >.>) had her prepared for something like this, and as a Death speaker she's doing her best to cleanse the plague when she sees it - and creeping people out by targeting the shades and other invisible things floating around the cities (heid's got scene undead up and reporting them to me ;p) "You have been chosen by the herald of the dead. I will pray for you"

Oh and - 39 paladins and one priest? A beautiful raid against the zombies, and extremely funny.

Alishondra has always had visions, a side effect of her exodar-crash induced coma, and knew it was coming.. but she's always been taught to hide and save herself, and she knows no other way, so her and her dirty little secret that she hasn't yet revealed, are hiding out in the hills of Nagrand, just like when she was a child (she's not 70 yet and I haven't even brought her back to town to train ;p) hiding from the legion. I doubt she could go to Azeroth right now even if she wasn't in hiding, the elements of outlands are a buzz with the goings-on in shatterath, and surely Azeroth is worse ;p

Mae's gone home to the Temple and is currently fighting off zombies with her mother, Priestess Alathea, and the other temple priestesses. Staghelms orders be damned, There is no way she's allowing her family to come in harms way. She may also go try and protect the king of ironforge soon as well.

Yes I have been on al of these characters this week, and this is how they're reacting in game ^_^ Poor Heid is going insane trying to rp with all of them.

This RP event is great for Dio simply because he fought at Hyjal and has a personal vendetta against the undead and demons alike. Having the Lich King attack the Horde outright just gives him all the reason to be pissed more directly at the Lich King.

I've been RPing it as Dawn of the Dead, WoW-style. Dio's no ICly been infected. If I do get infected, I'm Random Zombie #23589 that hungers for brains. Main reason for this being that I don't want to have to RP Dio dying, becoming scourge, getting killed and miraculously coming back to life again every time I can't get a Remove Disease proc off on time. Not only does it get repetitive fast, but it feels like powergaming and is simply a pain to come up with a new and different reason every time you come back as to how it is that happened.

No. If Dio gets infected ICly, that's the end of it for him. He stays infected.

So I'm RPing him by and large in Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, keeping him to Kalimdor, and talking to the rest of the guild while I have him fighting off hordes of zombies. Earlier yesterday he got the idea to make a bunch of Purification Potions and Track Undead Elixir's, so I RPed him flying into Orgrimmar - which was, at the time, absolutely zombie infected - carving a route into the Orgrimmar auction house, 'looting' a bunch of the herbs before fighting his way into the drag to get vials and supplies before fighting back to the flight master, finding him dead, and then having to fight his way out of the city.

Awesomely enough he didn't get zombified once during that whole RP so it was really fluid and worked out quite well, not to mention how awesome it felt to basically be RPing out a WoW Dawn of the Dead.

Akuje, if infected and no one is near to aide in cleansing will kill himself right off, so as not to suffer the bondage of the scourge again,

SavingGrace, knows not much any difference, and carries on as a zombie would, trying to spread the infection

Well, I have a wealth of characters to play with, so I get to jump around on all sides of the plague going on, but here are my major ones.

Brox has been doing what he can to help protect Orgrimmar and Grommash Hold, be it on my warrior bashing things and ending up a zombie, finding some place to hide and die or being on my shaman, leading a resistance through Orgrimmar, cleansing anything and everything I can possibly cleanse. I actually started a movement yesterday with a bunch of people, RP walking through Org from Grommash hold, cleansing. xD He also has his workshop in the Alterac on lockdown, even through Sanctuary's guildhall, so that he is the only one who can get in or out of there if need be.

Lilei and Mareeya are doing everything possible to spread the plague to anyone but the belfs and the Forsaken. Mareeya took out half of Thrallmar and Lilei has been hitting Crossroads and other various posts when possible. Mareeya has her own reasons for wanting to spread it and Lilei just does it to watch people burn.

It is fun. I am loving the hell out of this event.

Just for the experience, I let Sifar get infected and ran around to see what zombies could do. Since then, she's avoided it like...the plague. (hahaha... ha...hmm....) Anyway. Her trips to town are few and she runs about like a scared kitten when she's there.

Basically, she's leaving it to the paladins, for now.

This event has been fun, RP-wise. When I feel in the mood for some zombie action I take Dio's approach: When I'm a zombie, I'm just another random zombie. RPing a constant flip flop of Ker fighting for and against the Scourge is just unwieldy, and makes very little sense.

Keraph's been keeping the Scourge at bay in and around Undercity, but hasn't made any effort to aid the other members of the Horde, in true Infection fashion. This just adds to our already Scourge-centric RP as we build up for Wrath, so really it's been great. Cerryan's been doing the whole paladin thing, desperately trying to cleanse the infection wherever it can be found, and growing increasingly frustrated as it gets harder and harder to save people in time.

Cerryan's been doing the whole paladin thing, desperately trying to cleanse the infection wherever it can be found, and growing increasingly frustrated as it gets harder and harder to save people in time.

I had an awesome little RP today in Thunder Bluff where I was trying to save a group of defenders from turning into zombies. Timer was ticking down on all of them as I was spamming cure disease. Got to the last guy with 2 seconds left, hit Cure Disease twice and removed it from him with about .5 seconds to spare.

I never thought I'd see the day that using Cure Disease would become the equivalent of feeling like diffusing a bomb to my RP.

I had that same issue at one point, only it was ME that I was trying to cure, and cleanse just wouldn't take hold! I really felt scared about becoming a zombie! xD

Immune to infection due to self-clensing.

Has killed a hundred of plague zombies since they love to clump together for chain lightning and don't seem to mind the fire novas.

Agree with Dio and Ker - Yat's never turning INTO a zombie and flip flopping back and forth - however, I have had Yat be infected in RP a few times, but it was cleansed.

I've mostly been having Yat racing across Azeroth, trying to keep the Cross safe. (Jesus Agnarr.) He's playing defensive right now, but he's burning to attack.

November 13th, bitches.

Well, the ingame infections that my character has gotten and the subsequent zombifications are not going to be included, because I don't plan on turning him into a Forsaken or a death knight. Last night, it was truly annoying, with no Argent healers to speak of in most areas of the cities and the durability penalty applying if a guard ends up killing you. Plus, I infected the flight master in Thunder Bluff on accident...

As for roleplay, Ke'juarez is trying to avoid main cities, but if he does show up, he's wearing a cloak, hood and all, and is pushing the limit between wariness and paranoia. By the end of everything, though, he's going to be more angry, and more radical than before. Expect to see him in front of Silvermoon soon, calling to task all the rulers of the Horde for their 'incompetence.'

Well, the ingame infections that my character has gotten and the subsequent zombifications are not going to be included, because I don't plan on turning him into a Forsaken or a death knight

doh of course! now i see a method to the madness! i'm still of the mind of libelle's rp, "get the fel outta town!". but now i understand a bit why blizzard gave ppl this opportunity. i knew i needed this thread for a reason!

I've not gotten the scene of a all out invasion yet most likely cause I have not been on at peak hours but it would be great fun. I would love to see someone run up to Roth asking for cleansing and have him stare blankly at them and do nothing. Of course Roth is becoming colder in feeling as his death causes him over time to shortly make him like a forsaken in Blood Elven skin. He doesn't know why he as no feeling of need to destroy the zombies nor gets in they're way.

Now my undead rogue which is the one only left as my highest is already a brainless twit as is. Now he sulks around in the shadows and hides from the activities going on around him, looting what he can from the dead. He will jump to the aid of another but is weary being seen by people so as quickly as he appears he will go back into stealth. He will also come to the defense of flowers in danger! He likes them...

I still stand that anyone who has <infection> over their head, and will not kill themselves before it takes hold doesn't deserve <infection> . We aren't mindless, we have risen above that, this is the Lich's king's plague, not our own, so why spread it?

I've played around as a zombie a decent amount while on Keraph. However, Keraph has never been infected and made into a zombie. It doesn't have to make sense, because I'm not going to give up on checking out some cool new event because of RP. RP enhances my gameplay, never restricts it. As I said before, when I'm a zombie on Ker, I'm not ON ker, I'm on some random zombie.

I've played around as a zombie a decent amount while on Keraph. However, Keraph has never been infected and made into a zombie. It doesn't have to make sense, because I'm not going to give up on checking out some cool new event because of RP. RP enhances my gameplay, never restricts it. As I said before, when I'm a zombie on Ker, I'm not ON ker, I'm on some random zombie.

This. So much this.

I'm going to have fun in this game - that's what its for, RP is part of that, but I'm not going to let it have me not have fun.

This plague thing hit me at a good time. Just a few weeks ago, Cat came to terms with her zombie fears. Now the plague is back... so she's freaking the hell out. It's giving me lots of good RP, and as always, I love people's reaction to the way she handles herself.

Knights of Silvermoon!!! Stand firm and defend our glorious city!!!!!

......All retreating cowards will be looked down upon.

COME COMRADES! WE MUST DEFEND THE CITY FROM THE UNDEAD INVADERS! THIS IS ORGRIMMAR! THIS IS WHERE WE STOP THEM! NOT ONE STEP BACK!

THE FIRST ORC GETS THE AXE

THE SECOND ORC GETS THE SHIELD

WHEN THE ORC WITH THE AXE DIES

THE SECOND ORC PICKS IT UP AND MOVES FORWARD

NO RETREEEAAAAAAT!!

I never thought I'd see the day that using Cure Disease would become the equivalent of feeling like diffusing a bomb to my RP.

I have very much been feeling this, and it is awesome. Taz has basically been flying about, doing what he can to stop the spread of the scourge, since I've been doing random errands throughout the WoW world over the past few days anyway. He's definitely saved the guards in TB a couple times, and has been doing everything in his power to assist the Argent Dawn.