This image re-inforces my belief that it should have been the Broken that joined the Alliance, and not the healthy Draenei.

[e] Just in case it wasn't clear, that means I think your work is hot shit =D Keep it up.

This image re-inforces my belief that it should have been the Broken that joined the Alliance, and not the healthy Draenei.

[e] Just in case it wasn't clear, that means I think your work is hot shit =D Keep it up.

Agreed on both counts.

I agree that it would have been cooler if Broken joined rather then the Draenei. Playing a Broken rogue would have been awesome. Really love the art btw.

This picture is also over 200megabytes without compressing it and I've got a limit as to how much space I can use each month xD So yes. It looks prettier and it's smaller. I'll post the larger one in a bit maybe

Edit: Bigger version

2977737946_b05c6fcedf_o.jpg

Is this oil paint?

Hah. xD No way. Oil paint and I don't get along very well as it winds up in my hair, my clothes, my skin and everywhere else. I get incredibly messy when I paint for reals, so instead I just paint on Photoshop.

INITIATE CRITIQUE MODE

Your choice of a 'hard light-source' was actually a pretty difficult one, since pink tends to be rather ackward to deal with sometimes. 'Hard light-sources' are like a lamp or fire close to your subject matter, and usually is something like red/orange, blue, or even plain ol' white. Pink though, is tricky to deal with. You've handled it well so far, toning down the mix of base color from the robes, skin, ect, and adding in the right amount of color from the light to reflect a strong source of well...light. Pink light. Ewie.

Anyways, a few things to note on that though, the close the body would get to the light source, the stronger and more strict the shapes would be thrown down on figure and its forms. So the hand closest to the crystal, the leg/foot and parts of the mace should be alittle brighter, almost completely toning out any of the colors there. Or another thing you can try is keeping what values of hard light there, but using a small small brush, and outlining specific spots with pure white, sort of what you have started on the golden hems of his robe. Doing this in only specific spots, and not too much, should help convey how close and how strong that light source is.

Also, I'd watch the light on the face, I don't know if there are any other light sources other than the crystal, or how strong you want the impression of the light, but to me it would seem more faded up towards his face, and since (yes, I understand this is a work in progress) you don't have any light implied on his hood, it seems a tad confusing at the moment, oh, and his scales on his shoulder lack them too, you might just not have gotten there yet.

Your drawing is very strong, a good foundation to start coloring onto. And its good to see that you're slowly fading out the drawing in some places, especially the crystal. But don't feel you need to get rid of the drawing completely. Sometimes having hints of your pencil work can give your coloring an extra umph that no amount of flash-bang in photoshop can do.

Background, is there any? I see you're working on a flat toned color, and thats a good start, but since you've got your coloring down on a good start, and well progressed, you should start putting thoughts into one. Hell, not even having one works too at the same time, but at this stage, its something you'd want to consider.

With having a light source like this, you'd want to start putting more condensed colors into your shadows. For example, the shoulder covered with the robe in the opposite section of the crystal. Thats a real nice set of cyan greens you've got going, but for your 'absolute black', you might want to consider a darker blueish green. It would help bring out the brightness of the lights you've got going. Same goes with his flesh tones, and those maroon reds too. Look up some color theory, this will help alot.

You're coming along wonderfully, and you're drawing and color has improved since you've last posted in your sketches thread, as well as the stuff you send me on YIM. Keep it up.

3060602469_d3ed9f7c6d_o.jpg

Spending spare minutes and what not between commissions touching this damn thing up repeatedly. I think I've gotten as far as I can get without ruining it, though the light on his hands, robes and what not aren't exactly how I want them.

I like the lighting a lot, it's really nice. Maybe consider upping the intensity on the kilt a little tho since it's closer to the crystal yet is darker than the light on the cloak. Very nice. Can I haev yr sk1llz? T_T

Very well done, I took a photo shop class last semester ( I need to buy it) and this is good stuff. Don't go back to it to many times though. The hardest part is knowing when to stop, for me at least I feel I could always do better or that a part could be changed; but that can lead to butchering the piece you're working on instead of enhancing it. It looks great!