Eladis

A Meeting Of Paladins. (Open)

Eladis went to his mailbox as he did every day, sifting through the bills and accounting of his practices and offers. He found one interesting letter, scrawled in light yellow ink. Obviously it was magically imbued with some sort of holy dust, making its letters shimmer.

It was not signed, either.

Attention Paladins Of The Light,

An Emergency Meeting,

shall be held in the sanctuary of

Shattrath City

In the presence of A'dal himself,

Kill all scourge you find,

Effective Immediately,

May Alonsus Faol Save Our Souls.

(( Any interest in a forum RP like this? Or should we take it in game and make an event of it? I'd rather forum RP it to get some storylines out in the open. If you're not in any special cool kids clique this is the RP for you! Feel free to have your character get the letter, even if they are not a paladin. ))

Reimora had finaly returned to her home in Stormwind. Ever since the plague had been unleashed once again, she had been doing her best to contain the situation in the human lands and in Stranglethorn. There was a single letter waiting for her there. After reading it, she was glad that someone was finaly puting an organized effort together. After taking some time to spend with her young children, Reimora gathered her gear and and hearthstone. Once in Aldor Rise, she swiftly made her way to A'Dal.

Aloril never could quite relax in the presence of the Naaru, least of all A'dal. The feeling of power her people should own simply flowing free and unbounded, going to waste...

But no matter. For once, there was something more important at hand than personal discomfort: the Scourge, spreading through Azeroth like wildfire. She shuddered at the thought of the shambling, reeking bodies flooding the docks of Booty Bay, the touch of their vile taint... No amount of Cleansing could remove the feel of it from her memory.

She shook her head, tossed back her shoulders, and strode into A'dal's chamber.

*seems disgusted as he reads the letter, nearly about to puke as he crumples the note in his hand.*

"PALADINS? Damn alliance..." He muttered, as the crumpled ball of paper suddenly lit aflame in his palm, in a bright yellow flash with tinges of green strewn throughout. Throwing it to the side, the fire died as soon as it left his hand, spreading ashes all over the floor of the cave he presided.

"Still, we may use this to our advantage..." came a voice seemingly everywhere around Tirralys, as he stomped back and forth in thought.

"...of course, you are correct. If we can get the word to the alliance, that the Regent Lord is a powerful Necromancer, they would swarm in and do the dirty work for us."

"Exactly." the Booming Voice replied.

"Well then...let us have some Goblins do some foot work for us, yes?" he said with a sinister smile.

*new flyers are printed and distributed around Shattrath, in common. They read:*

Betrayal!

The Regent Lord of Silvermoon City has been identified as Kel'Kale, a powerful Necromancer and enemy of Azeroth. The Lich King has been using the Sin'Dorei as Kael'Thas once did and still does.

There have been sightings of Magi wiping the minds of the Sin'Dorei who speak out, and we believe it is possible they may all be swayed - at least partially - by an unknown beacon of the Lich King. Recent events have shown the Regent Lord to be surrounded by ghouls after the recent outbreak.

The Argent Dawn requires your aid! Those willing to undertake a dangerous mission should band together as a war party, and defeat this tendril of the Lich King.

-The Argent Dawn

*reading over the letter one last time, Tirralys grins to himself.*

"Ah yes, this should be clever enough to fool those 'righteous' alliance into going to slay him. And with the Argent Dawn so spread out, thanks to the scourge invasion, I doubt any of them will look into it. They might even join in the fight!" he said with a cackle. "Ah yes...this will truly be too much fun."

Maithanet held the note up that arrived in the mail and squinted, smirking at it. He guessed it had been forwarded from old friends within the Alliance.

"Of the Light? Curious... Hope they dont mind me coming, I'm as Lighty as they come! Just a shame we'll have to hold it next to that blowhole A'dal."

Maithanet slung Trollbane over his shoulder, walking off from th Scryers Tier.

"Lady Lightshope? A letter addressed to the Mistress of the Order of the Sun." Malethia thanked the young girl who had delivered it with a silver coin, then blinked in curiosity at the envelope in her hands. Her Order was an army of one, hardly even worth mentioning. She shrugged, sliced it open with a knife, and read the letter within.

"Well, if he wants cooperation in combating the plague, I'm all for it. I'm exhausted from all the plagued roaches I've been killing in Silvermoon!" She gathered her things, and activated the stone set in her bracelet to whisk her away back to Shattrah.

Libelle thumbed through her mail, disappointed as ever by the lackluster items she received. Horde Auction House says your cloth was all sold. Horde Auction House says your signets were sold too. Horde Auction House says no one wants that stupid belt you found. Boring, boring, boring.

But tucked into the pile of documents there was something unusual, written in yellow ink and difficult to read. She squinted at it. "What in the world--"

Her face squeezed into a familiar scowl as she struggled to make out the text. It was addressed to paladins...maybe it was meant for Exanimo? Or probably she had never gotten off the mailing list after that stint about a year and a half back, when she had discovered that plate armor was too heavy for her. Either way, this was not something she was in the mood for. An unsigned, impossible-to-read demand on her time, another obligation, something good, yes, she should be doing good, but...

She was sure there was only one M in "Immediately."

Crumpling the letter into a rough ball, she shoved it into the unsightly conglomeration inside her bag, eliciting an indignant squawk from one of the creatures tucked within. "No," she asserted to herself with a firm nod. "Not going." She looked around the Exchange defiantly, as if waiting for someone to challenge her.

Fluttersnuff fluttered softly by her hand. She looked down at him. He was looking at her, she was sure, with some part of those multifaceted eyes. Accusingly.

"Well, it was sent by mistake."

Fluttersnuff fluttered.

"I don't have to do anything I don't want to."

He wandered about a foot to the left.

"Stop that, I'm my own person!"

She could have sworn one of his antennae twitched slightly. On the other side of an exchange, a zombie ran groaning after a guard, and exploded. Libelle let out a heavy sigh.

"Fine, you win, I'm hearthed there anyway." She sullenly dug through her bag, searching for her hearthstone.

Bir hopped up and down around A'dal. He liked it, it looked like a gigantic puzzle piece. A puzzle piece that could fit anywhere if it wanted to. He wanted to be more like A'dal, but he never thought it was possible.

He met a lot of people who reminded him of A'dal though, so he saw them standing around him instead. Maithanet, especially. Because Maithanet told him he was a naaru. Then, A'dal changed. A'dal turned into something huge and scary. It was a gigantic puzzle piece, it was meant to be.

He didn't like that, so he put on his pirate's hat and pretended he was going to get something else.

With that, the little rogue dissipated.

Indeed, good sir, the Fabled Order has done its part from the inception of the recurring plague to ensure that it is properly quarantined. Worse still than the blight that has come upon us, many of the Alliance seem all too eager to resign themselves to their gruesome fate and embrace their transformation into ghouls! Apparently, the plague first works a madness in the mind of the infected, so that they try to elude those seeking to cleanse them, and to spread the plague. Does this madness persist in the Horde as well?

Even so, my knights have had some success in responding to any news of an outbreak. But there are still times when we happen upon a remote fortress or town riddled with death which was unable to send for us in time.

Dark times are upon us to be sure, but I am heartened to hear that some valiant Paladins among the Blood Elves have begun to return to their calling under the guidance of Lady Liadrin. I have hope both in the redemption of Silvermoon and that the Blood Knights may one day call themselves true Paladins.

Taknar sat beside the mailbox in Garadar, waiting for the nearby Grunts to stop looking his way. He couldn't figure out why they kept looking at him strangely like that. It's not as if he'd never been in town before. He'd have to remember to put some snakes into their sleeping rolls for their doubt.

When he was finally sure that no one was looking at him, Taknar quickly pried open the mailbox and reached his arm in for a fistfull of letters. Of course, none of them were his. He was just bored, and needed something to keep himself occupied until his energy was back and he could continue his work battling the Scourge in Azeroth. Auction notice. Auction notice. Some small token gift from the warsong clan that someone apparently left behind somewhere. The mail was all failing to alleviate Taknar's boredom. Even the notice about some Orc woman winning an expenses paid trip to Booty Bay didn't elicate a cackle. The exercise had instead left him frustrated, and he grumpily tossed the mail back in. One piece of mail however refused to let go. Taknar peeled the note off his hand and read it while wiping the remaining holy dust on his robes.

"Pahladins ah da 'Oly Light, ya?" Taknar spoke aloud with a laugh, drawing the attention of the guards he had been trying to hide from in the first place. "Dis troll be bein' fah mo' quahlified ta be 'andlin' dis ting den dose wah craized psychos. It be bein' dis troll, nah pahladin, 'ho be takin' charge ah da Unkindness wit' da first outbreak in Booty Bay. Ah be tinkin' dis troll be needin' ta 'ead ta dis meetin' 'nd be givin' dem ah piece ah Zanza's mind!"

Taknar quickly head over to the flightmaster and secured himself a trip to the Shatari base.

Eladis looked up, squinting at A'dal.

He was never very sure about the Naaru, but he put all his faith into the government anyways. A'dal was nothing like the Naaru they enslaved. This was very interesting to him so he kept on staring at it.

Pulling the letter from his usually empty mailbox, Ariavan began to read. "Kill all scourge... meet with the Naaru thingy?" Ariavan looked at the note almost unsure of what it read. He had strayed a good ways from the "light" and had fallen deeply in love with his gizmo's and gadgets to have even considered himself a paladin of the light. "I may as well respond, but first I am going to need to figure out the way to Shattrath City." Grinning, he stuffed the note into his bag full of broken inventions and tools and made his way to the Mourning Star, in the hopes that one of the crew members may have directions for him.