Eladis

Take a Number II (Closed)

Eladis closed the book he had been reading from and ran his finger along its leather spine. He felt the embroidered words, 'The Legend Of The Bleeding Hollow Clan'. His slightly glowing eyes searched the room for anything of interest.

An Aldor nurse bent over, nearly startling the man as she set a tray on the table next to him. Eladis noticed the things on the tray, normal remedies, herbal tea, a slice of cake and a cup of something hot and black. He tipped his head back, sniffing a little to notice the strong bitter smell of the coffee. She had brought it for him. Having a past with the Aldor, or rather, one draenei in particular, the man replied to the smiling woman by taking the coffee cup in one hand, then rewarding her a curt nod. The thought came to him, he could have said thank you in her language, he could have carried on a conversation. He did not return a smile of his own, no, he had far too much on his mind to bother with such things.

Ahead of his reading chair, on the shabby fur carpet, a little pale elf was curled up in a deep sleep. His hair was entirely too messy and he was hugging a small book to his chest. A tube of hot red lipstick lay further from the lethargic scene. But he wore no lipstick on his lips.

It seemed every day the little elf's sleeping place had changed entirely. One day it would seem a child lived there, the next day, a sophisticated man who favored organization and order. Other days, the carpet did just fine.

This was a mystery he had been roped into figuring out. By no official accord, but rather something more personal.

"Jern! Over here! HEY- Hey JERN!" Bir swung his arms, little limbs flailing with urgency as he tried to get the man's attention.

Jern was standing in front of a small regiment of orcs, or rather, it looked like he was. Or, is. He is standing there, isn't he? No, you are dreaming. Perhaps he was-- or is, trying to organize them? Bir, you'd best not bother him he'll get upset and beat you up again.

Bir's nose wrinkled and he did his best to ignore the voice in his head. Such a stupid voice only ever got him into trouble anyways. Over time, he had come to learn the voice's name was Trevyn Conley. He hated him.

He narrowed his eyes, placing his palm above his brow as if it would help him see. Then, he screamed at the top of his lungs, "JERRRNNN!! LOOK OVER HERE! HEY! YOU CAN'T GO IN THERE-- THAT'S THE DARK PORTAL!! HEEEY! WHY DON'T WE JUST GET QABIBIAN TO GET US A PORTAL TO SHATTRATH HUUUHHH?! HEEEEEEYY!"

Down the hill ahead of him an entire army of orcs were trying to influx into the dark portal, they were fighting alliance! This would not DO! Bir wanted to fight with him! But, as a good friend(s) of his once said, he needed to organize all that fighting first. Trevyn didn't tell him anything of the sort, but he recalled that someone along the line somewhere did. There has to be a plan! He bounced up and down, flailing his arms. "HEEEYY! JERN!!!"

A one eyed orc in the crowed turned to stare at the elf, before lowering his axe to charge at the alliance army which for some reason was only made up of night elf women. Naked, night elf women.

Then, the strong bitter smell of coffee entered his nostrils.

Eladis set the tray down near the elf's face. He knew better than to tap his shoulder to wake him. Who would he wake? The Bir Romine who wanted him dead? Or the Bir Romine who loved his eyes? Which Bir was which anyways? And how many Bir's WERE there? Or, what would his odd judgments pass? Perhaps there really was only one Bir and he was bat shit crazy enough to harm anyone for any small reason that piqued his violent ways.

The little elf opened his eyes, lashes fluttering a bit before he looked up at the cup of coffee. He extended his hand to grab it, then he took a sip. "No sugar.. Why not."

Eladis turned a page in the book he had been holding, pretending to be deep into its words. It wasn't tough for him to act like he hadn't heard the elf, he had spent days on end pretending he didn't hear the noises he made with his half brother. The fights, the love, all of it.

"Oh, cake. How thoughtful of you, Sir Vant!" Bir exclaimed with a silly giggle, turning and shifting to sit cross legged. The white outfit he wore was cut in odd places, stitched back together and ripped apart again. He looked as crazy as he was.

"Don't thank me, Bir. Thank the Aldor woman who brought it for you." An almost fatherly smile curled Eladis' lips as he turned a page in the book. Amusing, who was Bir Romine today? A child, or a man? A psychotic killer rogue, or a psychotic killer warlock? He had read the book to him in hopes he may see it as a possibility, that the fel magic he used, had muddled his brain. Although he was not sure of this himself, it might help to get that smart man hidden in Bir's head to actually speak.

Bir, or rather, Trevyn, looked at the tray, then to the man. He felt ill, or hungry. His stomach grumbled and he raised his hand to scratch his not so itchy head-- feeling the knots in his hair while he did. Ah, yes, Bir had been here. Bir had gotten himself caught by Mister Vant. Or, as Bir would call him, Mister Thornel. Since he did not marry a man named mister Vant. If he had married a man named Vant he could have the last name Vant but since he did not, he would always be Thornel. That was something that made the man upset, that was something he could use against him.

But did it always make him upset? Why had he looked and admitted a man he hated? Why would an esteemed knight of the horde, one who had gone on treks to Tempest Keep and Serpent Shrine Cavern, even into the reaches of the Black Temple, come to aid him?

However, did he want to be discovered so soon? This was why he hated doctors, helpers, healers, enablers. Hated their every being. They wanted to analyze him, cut him to pieces, figure him out. They wanted something he had that they did not. They wanted his logic, his reason, his order of things. Why else would they be so interested? But he could not have his order with Bir Romine in his head.

But Eladis Thornel only wants to help you, Trevyn! He's Kovan's brother! Look, he brought cake! EAT THE CAKE! Those glasses are smaller than the ones in House Thornel.

Eladis licked his fingertips gently before turning another page in his book. The elf had said nothing, yet. Or rather, he did say something. He asked for sugar. What type of sugar, Eladis did not know. But he did know that Bir Romine did not appreciate coffee in any way shape or form. This was vital.

"Bir, aren't you going to eat your cake? Perhaps I should brush your hair. Either way, you should drink your tea. You like that kind, it's made of Purple Lotus."

The elf just stared. He did not seem to be staring at anything, really, or through anything. No, he didn't seem to have any magic beyond comprehension and he didn't seem hostile either. Perhaps he was just thinking. Sometimes, that little elf thought an awful lot more than he should. It was astounding, at times, how much he thought.

Eladis took his reading glasses from the table next to him, pushing them up his nose so he might look like he was actually reading the blur of words on the page in his lap. "Bir, are you feeling well? Do you need to go for a walk..?"

Trevyn gave the man a blank look. He had mastered this look. His cheeks did not rise with some oncoming smile, his ears did not twitch to hear, his eyes did not get themselves hooked onto anything in particular.

Look at his glasses! They're small! They look so funny on his face-- I want some cake.

"Your glasses are small, Kovan. How come this cake doesn't have pink icing..?" Trevyn had also mastered the innocent voice of Bir Romine. They shared a body, that was quite easy to do. Everyone was a fool to him, everyone-- but a select few he had faltered and decided to get involved with. The voice, at times, was irritating, but amusing.

Then his thoughts wandered to Libelle, that sweet young noblewoman who had a collection of pets. He had thought her worthy for Bir and Trevyn, that they would both be able to maintain something with her. No, that did not work. They fought. Bir had ruined that.

"Why don't we go for a walk to find some pink icing..?" Eladis said calmly, from behind his book. It was in his lap, but then he lifted it to read. His glasses were on now, he really was reading.

That's not Kovan! That's Eladis! I don't like Kovan. They have the same eyes though. Eladis could be a perfect Kovan if he got himself a tan. Tell Eladis to get a tan. And tell him Jern's a meanie.

Trevyn smiled at that, just a little. No, he did not like Kovan. Or rather, we did not. Then he outright smiled, just as Bir would have done. Not at the man's offer, but rather what he heard in his head. Yes, Jern IS a meanie. "Yeah, let's go for a walk!"

"I've told you a million times, Bir. My name is Eladis Vant. I'm not Kovan. Come on now, let's go."

Bir looked around as someone else moved his body. This wasn't dreaming though, was it? He wasn't sure. Then he stared at Eladis' face from the corner of his eye. He was sitting there reading and now he was standing up! Oh he was coming right over! Take his hand, take his hand! Look, it's his hand! His eyes are so nice, look how nice he is, take his hand! He's helping me up! He's such a nice man!

He stood without the help, steadying himself on his feet. Then, his voice spoke but it wasn't his, "Ok Kovan. Let's go get some icing. Hehehe, I know where to find some icing."

Why would you say that! Look how nice he is, don't be gross! He's such a nice man!

Bir's cheeks turned slightly red and he turned away from the other male. "Come on, let's go."

We can't go I have to brush my hair! Everyone is going to think he's gross walking around with me!

Eladis walked beside the little elf, down the stairs, out the door and onto the ruined walkways of Shattrath City. A group of excited children ran by, chasing something. Then a chicken let out a bawk and pecked at the ground. It was a twitchy little creature and it set its eyes on Bir for a moment.

"B-bawk!"

Eladis continued on walking, he kept his voice careful and calm while speaking.

"I highly doubt you want any 'icing' from me, Bir. You know I can't bake well. The last time I baked you a cake, my maid helped me."

Bir responded with a slight giggle, his pale face was now a beat red. "Or did your wife help you? What was her name, Qyu-Qyu Thornel?! Hahaha! She was a real bitch, I don't know why you even bothered with her."

"Yes, she was a mistake. But all good men make mistakes, Bir. You should know that. Where do you think we would find pink icing..?"

Bir watched the children run out of the corner of his eye. He wondered what they were chasing-- then oh, a bawking chicken! It's like Szo-ie! Lets go pet the chicken! Let's pet the chicken! Pet him pet him! Maybe hug him! Let's name him Szordrin and keep him forever!

No, no chickens right now. I'm not well. We're not well.

His voice replied to Eladis, "I want a pet chicken and I want to name it Szordrin. Umm, I don't want cake anymore."

The little elf's cheeks were still a bright red.

(( <3<3<3 ! ))

Eladis spoke with feigned interest, "A chicken then. We'll find you a chicken. Do you want to go lay down..? Inside..?"

Trevyn's hand went to his forehead and he felt his knees go weak. His chest rose and fell under his ripped, patched, and stitched shirt. Now, he was sweating. "Yes, inside. Right now. I want-- that-- tea.."

PLEASE! YOU FORGOT TO SAY PLEASE! SAY PLEASE TO HIM HE'S NICE! Oh no-- oh no we're falling down now-- aahhh we all fall down.

Eladis turned his head quickly at the elf's lightly slurred words, working his jaw. As always, he was covered neck to toe in plate. Sometimes when Bir spoke in such a way, the man would be prepared for an attack of sorts. Then, slowly, Bir's knees gave way and he collapsed. This was a usual occurrence so it didn't strike the man to catch him right away.

"A chicken, right, right.. I suppose I'd better get you that icing as well.."

Eladis bent forward to scoop the elf up into his arms, sighing as he walked back to the infirmary. His eyes searched him but did not find anything unusual. Just a white outfit, that was all he normally left the infirmary wearing. Occasionally Bir would wear a halo, if the morbid joke suited him. At the time, he wore no halo. No pirate hat.

Trevyn opened his eyes, gasping for breath. He stared up at Eladis' passive face and wondered where he was taking him. He glanced down, still in the white infirmary's clothing. It was normal now, though. No stitching from a crazed man's past or rips from a child's play. No, this wasn't right. He was without Bir? Without the idiot? Free, at last?

"Hey! Trevyn Conley, let's go play! Jern said he would come too! He's a meanie, but we should all be nice to meanies!" Bir waved happily, trying to beckon the man from Eladis' arms.

Trevyn tried to lift his arm and found himself unable. He could not move his limbs, but his eyes were fine. He could see everything happening around him. He tried to open his mouth but found himself unable to speak. So what, he thought.

"C'mon Trevyn Conley! I'll ask mum if we can go play! I'm sure she'll let us play together, she always used to! Jern's gonna get mad and leave if we don't go! Come on, Trevyn Conley! We have to go! Right now!" Bir bounced on the balls of his feet behind Eladis, smiling wide as day. He was the exact image of a happy little boy. He wore the clothes of one's youth, skinned knees in his shorts and the sleeves of his favorite shirt were ripped right off. Clearly, this little boy wanted to be a ninja when he grew up-- Just like the ninjas in the stories the humans used to read.

"Trevyn Connley! C'mon, I know you don't like me but you don't have to be RUDE! Let's go play! Come on, right now! We'll find Jern and it will be a good time! Heeeee~eeeeeyy?! Are you LISTENING?! TREVYN CONLEY, LET'S GOOO!"

The ground shook, the world around him warped, and there he was-- away in a dream once again. This time, the dream was induced by sickness. Plagued zombies rose left and right, clawing and growling, roaring and snarling, a terrible story, just like one Eladis would tell. One of them tried to reach for Trevyn.

Bir tried his best to get at the man, pushing through an entire herd of putrid zombies. He could smell them, he could smell the actual zombies, the real plague. The plague of the Scourge, just the same that took his family from him so long ago. Trevyn was all he had, now. Oh no, Trevyn's being attacked by zombies! He's beating eaten!

"TREVYN WATCH OUT THAT ZOMBIE IS GOING TO GET YOU! TREVYN! MOVE, WIGGLE-- SHAKE-- YOU HAVE TO! IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU! TREVYN DON'T DIE! DON'T DIE! JERN-- AND--- AND SZOE-- JAN AND VAN! AND-- AND-- ANNELIA! SHE WILL WANT TO GIVE US A BATH WITH CERESTES-- AND-- BEUTHA WANTS TO GIVE ME A DOLLY! AND MY SISTERS, EVANTHE, MALORII, AND LILEI! WHAT IF FHENRIR WANTS TO TAKE YOU WONDERFUL PLACES AGAIN! LIKE BLACK TEMPLE! MAYBE KREYEN WILL TELL ME WHAT HIS BRACLET DOES! AND MAYBE MAITHANET'S EYES WILL SHOOT LAZERS FOR ME! MY MOM AND DAD! DIOMADES AND FERALMOON! WHAT ABOUT LIBRINE AND LIBELLE, HUUUUUHHHH?! ATHIUS! WHAT ABOUT ATHIUS?! AND TAKNAR, HE TOOK YOUR APPLE! WHAT IF CARMENSITA WANTS TO SET ME ON FIRE AGAIN?! WHAT IF VILMAH WANTS TO LET ME MARRY KROMAG! MAYBE XENAKEN WANTS TO SCRUB ME!

Very good, Bir. Knowledge is power. What do you know about--

ARESTOR! OUR BEST FRIEND, YOUR BROTHER ARESTOR! HE WANTS TO PLAY! EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY! THEY'LL MISS US! TREVYN STOP! TREEEVYYNNN!!"

Eladis had been walking casually with the elf in his arms. It was a common sight outside the infirmary in Shattrath. Some days they made it to amazing places like the corner of the city, where the chickens played. Other days they made it as far as Shadowmoon Valley, to slaughter countless fel orcs. But for the moment, it seemed, Bir was too tired and sick to go anywhere at all. The sight of the sleeping elf brought a fatherly sort of smirk to Eladis' face, the expression quickly wiped away when he noticed a band of scourge in the distance.

Scourge, ghouls, in Shattrath..? The sight astounded the man more, than if a band of forest trolls had marched over to say hello. He bent down to place the elf on the ruined street, both his hands quickly going for the large axe slung to his back.

He always kept himself armed, for things like this. He never knew where he would be attacked next, as a knight it was best to always be prepared for such.

TREVYN WATCH OUT THAT ZOMBIE IS GOING TO GET YOU! TREVYN! MOVE, WIGGLE-- SHAKE-- YOU HAVE TO! IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU!

Trevyn shut his eyes as the horde of zombies encircled him. They had large claws, twitching heads, exposed bones and cracking joints. They had no faces yet, just rolled back eyes and dropped jaws. A few of them lacked eyes alltogether. They were dead of all races. Death, after all, was indiscriminate against who it wanted. Some of them were drooling. Two of them were grabbing his limbs, pulling them as far apart as they possibly could. As Bir named them, the zombies had more defined faces put to them. This had to be a dream. There was no way this was real.

TREVYN DON'T DIE! DON'T DIE! JERN-- AND--- AND SZOE-- JAN AND VAN! AND-- AND-- ANNELIA! SHE WILL WANT TO GIVE US A BATH WITH CERESTES-- AND-

Just as Bir named them, Jern and Szordrin's faces were put to the dream zombies. They mindlessly slashed at Trevyn with the sharp bones of their fingers. He could smell them. He could hear their groaning. They were groaning, truly. That did not sound like a dream, in fact, they groaned as if they were in the distance. He tried to turn his head to look, but..

BEUTHA WANTS TO GIVE ME A DOLLY! AND MY SISTERS, EVANTHE, MALORII, AND LILEI! WHAT IF FHENRIR WANTS TO TAKE YOU WONDERFUL PLACES AGAIN! LIKE BLACK TEMPLE! MAYBE KREYEN WILL TELL ME WHAT HIS BRACLET DOES!

A small beaten doll appeared in one of the zombie's hands. It was dream-zombie-Beutha, of course. She had started to beat the elf with the doll, smacking his face repeatedly.

Three of the zombies backed away, Evanthe, Malorii, and Lilei. They turned to one another and started chatting-- then, Evanthe screamed. She screamed at the top of her lungs,

"WHERE ARE THE PALADINS?! WHERE IS A'DAL! THERE ARE SCOURGE IN SHATTRATH! HELP! HELP ME PLEASE!"

Two more zombies in the distance turned to look at Trevyn as the others beat him. It was Fhenrir and Kreyen. Fhenrir seemed upset, his nostrils flaring. He stomped one of his massive hooves, a flake of dead skin floating off of him and onto the ground. Dream-zombie-Kreyen, however, took a marble from his bracelet. Kreyen waved the marble, smiling. Trevyn narrowed his eyes at this, focusing his eyes on the sunken holes which once suited Kreyen's.

AND MAYBE MAITHANET'S EYES WILL SHOOT LAZERS FOR ME! MY MOM AND DAD! DIOMADES AND FERALMOON! WHAT ABOUT LIBRINE AND LIBELLE, HUUUUUHHHH?! ATHIUS! WHAT ABOUT ATHIUS?!

One of the zombies groaning directly above Trevyn twitched its head, its face coming into focus as the little pale elf peered at him. He did not seem aware the other zombies were tugging and beating him. He could not feel his limbs breaking.

The Maithanet zombie grinned, not a wicked grin, just a normal one. He had a voice unlike his, "Someone help this man! He may be infected!"

Two more zombies who were raking at his skin on his arms stopped, the two who were holding his arms and legs up above the ground. They were a pair of tauren undead. Diomades Riverhorn and Feralmoon Grimtotem respectively. They looked at one another, and both tilted their heads as if they were confused.

Two more zombies who were clawing at the man's ribcage paused as they were named. Libelle and Librine laughed at eachother and stopped, turning casually to walk away. They turned back into their former selves after. Both of them had pretty green eyes and long blonde hair.

AND TAKNAR, HE TOOK YOUR APPLE! WHAT IF CARMENSITA WANTS TO SET ME ON FIRE AGAIN?! WHAT IF VILMAH WANTS TO LET ME MARRY KROMAG! MAYBE XENAKEN WANTS TO SCRUB ME!

A more troll like zombie, who was hiding under the man-- dug his hand into a dream pocket which was not actually there. He drew an apple and ate it whole. Then, he cackled happily.

One of the other zombies ran as she was named, Carmensita, no doubt. The faceless emotionless scourge slowly transformed into her. She ran off into the distance then returned with a torch. She asked in a voice unlike her own, "SHOULD I BURN HIM?!"

A zombie who was at Trevyn's head stopped ripping apart his scalp. She was of the orcish verity and did not seem very hostile at all. Even as she raked at him she did it nicely, it was almost as if she were petting him. Then, she walked off.

Two more zombies who were named, Kromag and Xenaken-- both fell to pieces once they were identified.

Very good, Bir. Knowledge is power. What do you know about--

ARESTOR! OUR BEST FRIEND, YOUR BROTHER ARESTOR! HE WANTS TO PLAY! EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY! THEY'LL MISS US! TREVYN STOP! TREEEVYYNNN!!"

The last zombie, which was actually a zombie, stood there, covered by a large hood. His face was blank and he said nothing. Perhaps he had nothing to say in the first place.

Eladis took his axe in two hands, he summoned the Light in his palms. The heat of the magic was warm on his skin, like an old glove he so dearly missed. A seal of righteousness formed about him, branded in the air with the magic of the Light for but a moment. It was a slight, slight hint of the other powers of the Light he held.

A woman off in the distance screamed,

"WHERE ARE THE PALADINS?! WHERE IS A'DAL! THERE ARE SCOURGE IN SHATTRATH! HELP! HELP ME PLEASE!"

Not one word escaped the sin'dorei knight as he threw his axe sideways, cutting through two of the ghouls at once. Flimsy zombies, perhaps of frail women. They were rabid mad now, it was too late to cleanse them. They were mindless. These were the very same which attacked his home. Not the trolls who took his wife but the same that ravaged the rest of his kin. Who ever did this to them would pay dearly.

Eladis heard a man not too far off,

"Someone help this man! He may be infected!"

A burst of light escaped him. Though, his face was passive and calm. Not in a dark macabre way, but rather in the way one would look while concentrating on a very hard task. Determined in his faith, his Light. Protective of his hope for the next day, and his love for all creatures, concentrated into the one last blow he delivered the scourge. Patience, however, was an ultimate Virtue for this man.

The screaming woman was closer now, standing just behind him. She was quivering and crying, unable to move or do anything. In fact, she could not lower her voice,

"SHOULD I BURN HIM?!"

Eladis turned to her from the pile of scourge in front of him. Not that it was an impressive pile beyond any means, but more than one man ought to be able to take on at once. Eladis Vant always did pride himself on his ways of retribution.

"No, no, he's-- just a sick child. Here, give him to me. I will cleanse him if he is sick."

Bir danced and played around Trevyn. He also noted that Trevyn was wearing a nice tidy white button up shirt, and nice white pants. It was pajamas, of course. Trevyn was always very sleepy. He was the most sleepy man Bir had ever come in contact with. Much more sleepy than Eladis.

"Hey Trevyn, what do you want to play?"

I don't know, Bir. What do you want to play?

Eladis' voice spoke, he could hear him clearly. Much more clearly than Bir Romine. In fact, it sounded just like he were speaking normally. This was a dream. "No, no, he's-- just a sick child. Here, give him to me. I will cleanse him if he is sick."

"I want to play Bleeding Hollow Orcs! With Jern. He's a Bleeding Hollow Orc, Eladis told me so."

Bir are you sure he said that? Are you sure he wasn't just telling a story?

"I don't know, Trevyn. I didn't ask him. Say, Trevyn? Did we know eachother once?"

Once, where?

"Anywhere?"

No, I don't think so mister Romine.

"Well MISTER Conley, I think it would be more fun if we pretended we did."

Why is that, mister Romine? I am you. That is all I am. You. We are one. One and two.

"No we're not, MISTER Conley. I don't know annnything about you! Tell me, MISTER Conley. I know your name's TREVYN CONLEY now. Maybe I'll ask one of my smart friends about you!"

Please, Bir. Do not leave me at their mercy.

"Is that being sarcastic?!"

Yes, Bir. It is.

"Ok, good."

Bir smiled and bounced on his feet as Trevyn stood. He was very very happy at this. "Hey Trevyn, what do you want to play!"

Trevyn leaned forward, staring to the side. The world around him shriveled into nothingness. He was sitting now, in what seemed to be a nursery with the other male. "I don't know, Bir. What do you want to play?"

Eladis' spoke, though he was nowhere to be seen. His voice clear as a bell, rang in Trevyn's mind. "No, no, he's-- just a sick child. Here, give him to me. I will cleanse him if he is sick."

Bir turned to look out the window, getting on his tippy-toes to smile at the outside world which he had no access to. Of course, if he wanted to go there, he would. Bir Romine was a very strong little elf that could do anything he wanted. "I want to play Bleeding Hollow Orcs! With Jern. He's a Bleeding Hollow Orc, Eladis told me so."

Trevyn took one of the blocks in front of him, it had the A B Cs on them, of course. He spelt out the name, J E R N with the blocks, towering them up. "Bir are you sure he said that? Are you sure he wasn't just telling a story?"

Bir continued to look outside, smiling as happily as ever. "I don't know, Trevyn. I didn't ask him. Say, Trevyn? Did we know each other once?"

Trevyn flicked the blocks, standing to find himself in a prestige office. "Once, where?"

Bir turned around quickly as the happy scene outside turned to a dark one. It wasn't scary, just dark. He replied casually, trying to figure out if it was real or not. "Anywhere?"

Trevyn straightened the collar of his suit. As the room of his mind transformed, his clothing did as well. In fact, everything did. Bir was no longer wearing his scruffy little child's clothing, but rather a suit of leather. He was a rogue, now. "No, I don't think so mister Romine."

Bir sat down heavily at that, the room around him changing. He did not seem to notice. It went from an office to a graveyard. The windows peeled and warped, the toy box turned into a gravestone, the teddy bears turned into zombies and the sky was a blood red. Bir's imagination was expansive, but he did not seem to notice or mind. He spoke, as if he were standing in the nursery. "Well MISTER Conley, I think it would be more fun if we pretended we did."

Trevyn soon found that his suit had turned into the malefic garb he wore when he visited places like the Black Temple. This, however, worried him. He looked one way, then the other. The zombies groaned and twitched before exploding into flowers. "Why is that, mister Romine? I am you. That is all I am. You. We are one. One and two."

The flowers soon exploded into little drips of water. The droplets flew as if they were propelled by fireworks, not raining or soaking anything, but just lightly covering it. Bir did not notice how the drops formed on his cheeks. Not in the form of tears, but not as if they were the splatters of blood. No, Bir did not see it that way at all, and his voice in Trevyn's mind proved it. "No we're not, MISTER Conley. I don't know annnything about you! Tell me, MISTER Conley. I know your name's TREVYN CONLEY now. Maybe I'll ask one of my smart friends about you!"

Trevyn laughed a bit at that, shaking his head. The horns of his helmet turned, making the movement noticeable. Suddenly, all his other clothing went poof in an exasperated puff of smoke and he looked around at his setting. He was nowhere now, an expansive place of creamy warm colors. "Please, Bir. Do not leave me at their mercy."

trevyn.png

Bir sounded happy and excited at that. Then, his clothing changed into something more fitting for his mood. He wore his usual grubby clothing, perhaps displaying his honesty. His voice, held the same excitement as always. Most things he did not know excited him. "Is that being sarcastic?!"

Trevyn did not smile as the man asked, but he spoke in a dull unamused tone. "Yes, Bir. It is."

trevyn01.jpg

Bir smiled twice as hard because the Trevyn did not. "Ok, good."

Eladis set the rogue, sometimes warlock, down on the bottom bunk. He wiped his forehead with the back of one plated glove to find blood there. Not scourge blood, for once. He looked down at his own blood then casually raised his hand to heal the wound. He summoned the Light, so pure in its beauty, to heal himself.

Then, he held both his hands over the rogue as he had so many days before. He closed his eyes, entering the most pure state of mine he could think of. The virtues must have been laughing at his efforts somewhere up in the Light. Light sprawled, twisted and spiraled off the heavily sleeping elf, exploding into a million pieces as the intent of the spell was compelled by something.

"Fine, not today. Maybe tomorrow. Rest well, Bir."

The heavily armored paladin turned to face the other side of the room. It was a ruined building, once said to be an old temple of worship to the Draenei. If there was any place this elf would heal, this would be the place.

But for now, the Light seemed to be wavering.

Bir hopped up onto a ledge looking over an expansive valley. There was no valley like this in Azeroth or Outland. Where he was looking, was completely over his imagination. The ground was grassy and green, the sun was shining and it was a very perfect day for a game of ninjas against pirates. But he had always played ninjas against pirates with Trevyn and that was just no fun anymore.

It was an army of naked night elf women!

..And an army of Jerns!

The night elf women all raised their arms, and started to holler very very loud.

"BIR ROMINE YOU ARE DREAMING THIS BECAUSE WOMEN LIKE US WOULD NEVER BE ATTRACTED TO THE LIKES OF YOU!--YOU---you---you---you..."

The choir of voices echoed in the valley and it brought a smile to Bir's lips. He threw his arms out to his sides and leaped off the ledge, closing his eyes against the oncoming wind. This was always the best part of any dream, when he woke up.

Then, a shrill battle cry was heard. The entire army of Bleeding Hollow Jern Orcs charged at the Naked Night Elf Criticizers. Who were they to judge one little elf, standing on a ledge so far away?

Where would he land?

Trevyn opened his eyes with a sharp gasp. His body twitched and jerked. His head flopped to either side rapidly and he seemed to be in great pain. His bright green iris' stared off into nothingness; à la petit mal. The short man did not seem to be anywhere threatening at all. In fact, if one were sitting just across from him they would notice he was quite well, tucked into the bottom bunk of a poorly made, two bunk bed.

Eladis stood up quickly at that, looking very alert. He readied himself for an oncoming scream. This was nothing usual from the elf and it was usually very easily solved. He took his axe off his back and unbuckled his gauntlets.

I see a Thornel in the corner of my eye! What is he doing..?

"I'm--I'm falling-- I'M FALLING!"

The little elf screamed in horror, arms reaching up to grab the wooden plank above him. His short nails scratched into the old wood, splinters forming under his fingernails as they normally did when he found himself in such terrible fright. Precipitation formed on his brow and around his lips as he drew heated breaths.

The sin'dorei knight, whom was still covered in plate, sat on the bed. Instantly, the little elf clung to him, panting and now weeping into his chest. His fingers scratched against the violet aldor tabard the man wore, splinters going in even deeper. Eladis did his best to speak in a neutral tone, though every time he sounded more stern than he wanted to.

"Are you going to tell me what happened..?"

A series of choked sobs escaped the smaller of the two. The smaller elf ripped his hands off the other male, looking down at his fingers with wide eyes. Blood trickled between his knuckles, but didn't make it to his arms.

"Splinters, again? Let me pick them out for you.."

"N-No! Don't touch me- don't come near me! I hate you! I hate you Eladis! I hate you! How many times do I have to tell you that! Don't you ever touch me again!"

Eladis raised both his arms up, as if surrendering. He was unarmed and wore no gloves either. This actually said something to the little elf. Normally, he was to be handled with metal gauntlets, literally. Bir slowly lowered himself from the man, leaning back to sit on his own ankles. It was an awkward position, that much was certain.

"Where are your--" Bir stopped to sniffle, "Where are your gloves?"

"Shush. Tell me what happened.."

Bir now stood in a room similar to the one Trevyn was currently in. However, his mind thought there needed to be changes with that. The wall that was knocked out needed to be replaced, so it was. Sad people should never have to go into an infirmary and find ugly black walls, so they were colorful, with clouds, bunnies, and rainbows.

"Tell him about all the Jern-orcs and the naked ladies! Eladis probably likes both of those things! He's a lot like Kovan so I bet he does! They're brothers, didn't you know Trevyn! HEY TREVYN! HEEEEY! TREVYNN! HEEEY!!"

Trevyn Conley turned sharply to give the little elf a disgusted stare. His lips more or less formed a snarl and he spoke out loud, "I'm not telling Eladis anything."

A slightly innocent giggle escaped the elf as he turned away, though it progressed into something darker. The sound was nearly demonic, in fact. He wanted to scare that jerk right there! Bir looked at Eladis, who in his mind, turned into Kovan. His skin tanned and his ponytail fell out neatly and somehow made a perfect arrangement.

The dream Kovan spoke, "Well that's fine. You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to tell you."

Bir tilted his head a bit, bright little eyes going wide before going narrow. "You're right. I wouldn't tell him anything either. What about Szo-ieee?"

Trevyn turned his attention back to Eladis with a quiet sigh. He moved to sit himself in a more comfortable position. He rocked forward to grab his kneecaps, pretending to stretch on the bed. His body was something he needed to keep in shape, after all. He was usually always on the run. "I'm never going to tell you a damn thing. Keep on trying. Why don't you ask me later.."

The dream Kovan turned into Szordrin, his hair went a more vibrant gold and was magically in a side ponytail. Facial hair sprouted on his chin to make a neat little goatee. Then his muscles twitched a bit and he turned just the right shape to be the man Bir had never really gotten to know all that well. The point was, it was Szordrin now!

The blood knight of many, many faces asked as he always did, "When is later..?"

Bir jumped up and down, smiling and clapping his hands daintily. "Now now! I want to tell Szoie all about the naked ladies and Jern orcs! I bet he would think it's hilarious! Tell him right now! Tell him! TELL HIM!"

Trevyn looked up from his stretches to give Eladis a fox-like smile. "Right now, I suppose.. What time is it?"

Bir gave a nod, waiting for the time as well. "Yeah, what time is it? I'm bored of sleeping."

Eladis did not have a pocket. Normally, he may have reached for a pocket watch of sorts to give the little elf the time. But that had also proved to be a terrible idea. Who knew what would happen. For some reason, from observation, the knight figured out that Bir associated things with numbers. Bad things, sometimes. It was never a good idea to tell him the time. But sometimes he was happy to hear the time.

Bir reached around the bunk, looking for his bag. Or rather, one of his many bags. He could not find anything of 'his' so he just kept looking. This had happened once before but Eladis could not place it. Was it not his because he stole it? Or was it not his because it simply, was not his? There was an expansive collection of junk behind the bed and he seemed intent to look through it all.

"No nurse has come by with tea, so I assume it.. is.. somewhere near the morning. The sun is rising, but the nurse has not come."

Bir gave a fast nod at that as he pawed about. "I need it-- where is it? Eladis, when I was caught-- did you put my bag somewhere funny..?"