Irithel

+ halo in reverse +

Wonderful coloring. Your signature stamp doesn't take away from this one but I found myself looking for it anyway.

I always hate drawing more than one person in a picture because proportion gets all messed up.

*ogles* The lick... it is deliciouse~ :< But at the same time this drawing seems sad~

*huggles the Iri-face and pets* Poor Iri-face~

It's an amazing drawing by the way, as always. <3 *saves to compy*

The words at the bottom of the page are very... *can't think of right words* I like them -alot-. Not sure if you came up with it or if it's a quote, either way it fits lovely.

The + signs means it's positive.

..But the letters aren't capitalized.

Artwork in the title as well, amazing as always.

INITIATE CRITIQUE MODE

I really enjoy this piece on a multitude of levels. It's got a good emotional feel to it, as well as being a good piece of artwork (duh). Its got a strong composition, a very intriguing background, if not alittle distracting from the foreground, as well as a really nice, well toned set of linework and good mixing of your usual subtle coloring. This is an incredibly strong piece of yours, and when I saw this, and while I'm typing this out now, I went through your DA page, and noticed this is a MASSIVE improvement from some of your recent work. You're lines are stronger, even more fluid than usual, and they move almost like waves of water.

The coloring difference from the middle figure to the licking one is a very nice, and actually very subtle touch that I didn't notice until I gave it a good long look. The paler and more 'dead' flesh tones work well with the fact that it has some rather menacing peircings, and well, some nasty scars. While the second figure looks more warm, even tanned almost. A nice touch, especially the way you've treated both guys scars. Not the usual raised, pinkish fresh scars people are used to seeing. Hell, I don't do scars justice really.

I'm alittle confused though when I look at the way you've laid out the figures in realtion to another, especially since one is licking the other, and seems in very close contact. The face on the right is much larger, yet looks like he's already licking the other, so they'd be right on top of each other really, so the scale seems abit odd to me, along with the hair thats covering the tip of his nose and chin from the left figure.

And though I really do sincerly enjoy the background, it seems at the same time to distract my eye from the composition below, even though the color and value scales do help with a visual flow. Don't really know what to say about that, thats more a personal view than an actual critique. Did you use a screenshot from something, then add on your own colors, or did you do the whole thing from scratch? Star clusters and 'cosmic' sort of stuff have been alittle of a challenge for me personally, so I'd be interested in hearing how you approached this.

A very strong piece Irithiel, good to see you posting again.