Izrail

Rules and Guidelines of this Forum

ABOUT THIS FORUM

Welcome to the Role-Play Networking forum. The purpose is twofold.

First, it's a LFG system for RP storylines. Have a storyline you want more participants for? This is where you advertise. Players who seek others to join their storylines post a brief description of what they have and what they are looking for. This could be anything from a player wanting childhood friends or enemies for their character to an NPC organization seeking more members, either for establishing background and relationships or for gathering more interest in current, ongoing story-arcs. Azeroth is big, but not that big, and it makes sense to tie our character's histories and our unique settings in with each other. This forum can serve that purpose.

Second, it's a place to share and get feedback on role-play ideas. This means brainstorming, feedback, constructive criticism, and questions about how to RP or pleas for RP help in general. Remember that questions concerning established lore belong in the Lore section.

This is not where you come when you're lonely and want someone to hit you up for random RP. Don't use this forum as a "Lonely RPer's Personals" section. If a post can be summarized as, "I need RP, come find me and talk to me," it will be deleted. Additionally, avoid "discussion" posts that are soap-boxing or airing opinions, instead of constructive story-based questions and feedback. Don't start a new thread unless it's about your own RP and/or your plans or ideas for RP on this server. Sharing opinions on role-play trends or topics is fun but unproductive, and not what I had in mind for this forum. The focus should be forward, not inward.

For storylines seeking more player participation, there are sample templates below to get you started, but it's not necessary to use them, as long as you provide a basic description and a method of contact for those interested.

RULES

Starting a Thread

In order to keep the forum organized, please tag the title of your thread so that it clearly indicates what the subject is. Additionally, if you're looking for participants in a story, use a [LFRP] (Looking For RP) tag. Other tags could include: [FEEDBACK], [DISCUSSION], etc. If the title is unclear or not tagged it will be edited.

General Posting Rules

1. The forum is OOC. None of the information is presumed to be available IC knowledge unless stated otherwise.

2. Be civil. Non-constructive or inflammatory posts will be deleted. This includes calling out the RP of specific role-players when they have not asked for feedback.

3. Stay on topic. Some off-topic banter is allowed, but if it goes on too long or detracts from the discussion of an idea, it will be deleted. Spam will be slaughtered without pity.

The next post will have sample LFRP templates.

SAMPLE LFRP TEMPLATES

CHARACTER TEMPLATE:

[b]Character:[/b] [url=link to bio here if available]Character Name[/url]
[b]Description:[/b] 
[b]Looking for:[/b]
[b]Restrictions:[/b]
[b]Level of RP desired:[/b]
[b]Misc. notes:[/b]
[b]Contact:[/b]

STORYLINE TEMPLATE:

[b]Title:[/b] [url=link to thread here if available]Title of Story[/url]
[b]Description/History:[/b]

ORGANIZATION TEMPLATE:

[b]Organization:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]
[b]Established characters:[/b]

SETTING TEMPLATE:

[b]Setting:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]

EVENT TEMPLATE:

[b]Event:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Date:[/b]
[b]Looking For:[/b]

An example of the above, using the Organization template:

Organization: The La Croix Circus

Faction: Horde or Human

Description: A macabre Forsaken circus that has travelled throughout Tirisfal. The most popular aspect of their show is the creative torment and tortue of captured Scarlet Crusaders.

Looking for: Patrons, performers, and victims.

Established characters: (SPOKEN FOR) The owner: a violinist, singer, and stage magician named Belphegore La Croix; his wife Barbella, who plays a pipe organ; their unofficially adopted and unnamed daughter, a masked knife-thrower; Magali Daystar, a banshee singer new to the show. (NOT SPOKEN FOR) A leper gnome brass band, half-assed undead clowns, a skeletal pony rider, escaped or rescued Scarlet Crusaders, various technicians, patrons. Other creations are welcome and encouraged.

Restrictions: You must read Cirque Grotesque and Pyrotechnics to get an understanding of the show and the established characters. Do not use the established, spoken-for characters without permission.

Level of RP desired: I am open to ongoing storylines with characters who were involved in the circus somehow, as well as forming a common background between characters.

Misc. notes: The circus was disbanded but may rebuild if there are enough motivated players interested in staging events and possibly forum-based shows.

My only criticism: Why did we not have this sooner?

Kudos. Truly, I know this would have been an excellent tool for me personally in the past and I'm looking forward to see what people create :).