Thalarios

Racial Changes!

Bow spec is overshadowed by being able to equip the crit battlemaster's trinket instead of the medallion. You lose resil, but gain crit and HP. Hell, the human racial beats out regeneration too! In the same talent! and it's their FIFTH! *falls down*

(Berserking cost has never been an issue. People don't neglect it because it's too expensive. People neglect it because it's a 10 second buff that in most situations will get you 15-20% faster casts. You know what I use berserking for? Beating out other healers in races to res people. Because it takes a 10 second cast to even notice the effect. Oh, and it's too long a cooldown.)

And for night elves. . .

"Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect."

Pretty much what The Fall of Humanity was, except exponentially more logical. Useable in combat; it DOES drop target, so it'll have fair use in PvP, too. It still passively increases the stealth rating of druids and rogues, as well.

Does it take you out of combat? I assume not, but thought I'd ask in the interest of OP rogues everywhere.

All i know is my racial got nerfed which makes it much less useful for what I did "tanking" and the shadow resistance is now weeker than other races resists.... yay? Supposedly they did something to underwater breathing to, not sure what though. somehow I dont think it beats expertise and better hp for tanking though.

Yes, but orcs are still better.

Trolls are certainly getting better. Just not enough to be more represented in high-end arena.

I am an avid troll lover. My priest is a troll (Ela'Jinn) and my Death Knight will be a Troll (Lord Urr'Kel).

Just for a taste of why trolls aren't horrible, back before Burning Crusade came out, we (horde role players, grim and many others) did a lot of raiding in MC. And gosh golly, if there wasn't one person in our raid who wouldn't blow up over half of our raid as the living bomb.

I was often the priest who would stand to the side, and heal the 'bombs' before/after they exploded so they could return to the fight. So, I would often survive.

We took down Baron Geddon with 10 people. Hell, one time i think we did it with less.

Even with so few numbers, it was a team effort to pull through, but I will admit that, quite a few times, I would use Berserking to up my casting speed on my healing spells in such a case. I would like to have seen an Undead or even a BE Priest pull that off.

It was mainly our knowledge of our classes that pulled off such great deeds, but without berserking I am certain there would have been times that I would have lost the MT, not because I sucked or anything, but because it would come down to the wire where I would need to jump in and heal the MT as well as the bombs, and sometimes I would need to make a life/death decision on who lived and who died when it came to bombs. I highly doubt Undead or BE racials would have helped me in that situation.

So, you may want to addendum that - Trolls make the best priests, in the right hands. :P

Now that I'm done stroking my e-peen, Yes, troll racials are a bit lacking. That's not to say that their current racials are not good. I like my troll priest. Yes, their racials are more geared to a hunter class now, but I'm still making a Troll DK. Why? Because, I just like trolls. Also, as a non-ranged fighter, that 15% drop in snare/movement imparing effects will help a lot. I know it is extremely frustrating playing a non-ranged class (paladin, for example, before they got all their neat ranged spells) a hunter could wtfpwn you if they knew what they were doing, because you would have no way to catch up, nor run away effectively. You'd just sit there and take it pretty much, and it did suck. I don't know if people remember the time I flipped out on Tirralys when a lower-level hunter totally had me in a position where I couldn't do anything, and eventually killed me (I was around 40 I think, didn't have any shield chucking abilities yet) so...snares and movement imparing really sucks.

Now, I know on DK's they will have ranged diseases and death coil (oooh I loves me some death coil) but the 15% shave off of it would still do me good in PvP. With the 11 points I have in Lichborne, I'll also have one of the undead's main racials. The only race that might be better at DK would be BE's or Tauren (warstomp) but even then, it's really negligible. I'll probably be an alchemist for water breathing, everything else got nerfbatted (like Tauren's 'scaling' health increase) So, I don't think Trolls are in as bad of a position as everyone would declare. It's just a matter of what's more important to you as an individual. I personally like the 'zerking + Voodoo shuffle.

Ha! I thought Steve, too.

Yeah, you're right. But it's not just better than Berserking. . .that human racial is almost better than any other racial at this point, simply because the skill REALLY becomes whatever trinket you put into that slot, which ends up being a truckload of stats and probably a pretty good proc or extra ability.

Minor derail here. Urkel? As in Steve?

Yep. I had/have my idea for him, where outside he's coated in pitch of the darkest hells, but really inside he's just a nerd/fanboy who wants to make his parents happy.

See: http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?t=12684

I opened the above to DK's yet so far no one has posted anything on it.

My wife thought of the name, said it should be Urkel because it sounds kind of troll-ish, and I molded it into Lord Urr'Kel, because I like apostrophes in names. That, and I figured just calling him by the name would be against ToS and someone who didn't read my story would immediately have a GM on to change it.

So, yes, you are correct. I'm hoping more people will notice it too and go wtf in game xD