Thalarios

Racial Changes!

How does it make you feel, undead, that Death Knights are pretty much getting your racial? 11 points in frost, you get to turn undead and get the pc immunities + 25% more chance to not get hit.

I'm a troll! I'm an undead! I'm a troll!

I'm a teepee! I'm a wigwam! Relax man, you're two tents xD

Here's the kicker. You really do become undead for those 15 seconds. This makes you vulnerable to shackle, holy wrath, exorcism, the works. It's really funny actually.

"Aha! I'm immune to your fear, priest! Die! ...wait, what are these chains sticking out of the ground?"

Here's the kicker. You really do become undead for those 15 seconds. This makes you vulnerable to shackle, holy wrath, exorcism, the works. It's really funny actually.

"Aha! I'm immune to your fear, priest! Die! ...wait, what are these chains sticking out of the ground?"

Yeah Lichborne rocks in PvE, and it's good against Warlocks...

If there's a paladin or a priest in the area, use your trinket and save yourself getting OWNED.

In my experience raiding, Tauren tanks never got picked over other Warrior tanks for their racial. It helps when tanking, sure, but every tank has their advantages and disadvantages. This... really just sucks.

I'm not sure what your experience raiding is, but most hardcore guilds require tauren tanks, as that 5% health increase is huge when you start wearing full raid gear. In strictly PvE terms, all things being equal, there's not much reason to pick my beloved troll warrior over a tauren warrior. The tauren will have a couple thousand more hit points, where as I can... um... kill animals more effectively and get amazing critical strikes with my bow pulls.

You have no idea how much flak I took from idiots because I wasnt tauren. I had to stack stam to stupid high levels just to stay within 2k hp of tauren tanks that I outgeared solidly. I have actually been asked many times "why didnt you make a tauren if you wanted to tank". Tauren as far as I care are the cookie cutter newb choice for horde warriors. I despise anything cookie cutter. The hp difference only made a difference way less often than you might think, and there were plenty of fights wotf helped alot. But try to explain that to epeen driven math kiddy theory crafters who dont get anything that isnt in number form.

The original bonus was 5% of the player's maximum health. This is 5% of the player's base health. It will be the same increase on you, no matter if you're wearing white gear or epic gear.

It was done so Tauren tanks wouldn't be at such an advantage against non-Tauren tanks.

Oh! I didn't catch that. I thought they meant it would scale with gear.

Well this sucks.

Fuck me for rolling a Tauren warrior...

P.S. I never intended to tank. But my racials all seem so lackluster now in regards to PvP.

1. Humans aren't getting a Feign Death, they're getting a free fade. It doesn't drop threat, just agro. It'll be huge for priests and furry warriors in raiding. It'll give DPS warriors a chance to threat-dump with out threat dumping. "Follow behind the tank, but don't jump his threat"

2. Night elves nature buff is higher then taurens because their other racial is "Faster death run". I can guarantee they'd love to trade it for 5% base stam any day. ;p

I see the point about Tauren tanks, but it just seems extremely unfair that Tauren be punished for having epic gear. We're not getting told what sort of percentage we'll be seeing from our racial in a full set of epics, and that has me worried honestly. I don't want to be getting into my epic gear and finding out that my health bonus is only 2% in it.

War Stomp, well... it's great when you can actually get it off. But wether it hits or misses is based upon your physical hit rating. So as a healer or caster, War Stomp is resisted 40% of the time. I have some horror stories about groups of chickens down in Shattrath all resisting Warstomp on several occasions. So I generally try to avoid using War Stomp simply because if I'm being beaten on at the time it can take a good while to cast, and it's just easier to ghost wolf away from attackers.

I see the point about Tauren tanks, but it just seems extremely unfair that Tauren be punished for having epic gear. We're not getting told what sort of percentage we'll be seeing from our racial in a full set of epics, and that has me worried honestly. I don't want to be getting into my epic gear and finding out that my health bonus is only 2% in it.

War Stomp, well... it's great when you can actually get it off. But wether it hits or misses is based upon your physical hit rating. So as a healer or caster, War Stomp is resisted 40% of the time. I have some horror stories about groups of chickens down in Shattrath all resisting Warstomp on several occasions. So I generally try to avoid using War Stomp simply because if I'm being beaten on at the time it can take a good while to cast, and it's just easier to ghost wolf away from attackers.

Number one -

Hit is now one stat. If you get it anywhere it will apply.

Number two -

Takes just as long to cast as cyclone, and the new spell pushback mechanics should apply, so at most it'll take 1.5 secs instead of .5 secs.

Good racial - Not OP, but good. :D

EDIT: Oh, and 1% shadow resist? Blah. We have water breathing (everyone gets 4 minutes in Lich King, undead get 8 now, cool but useless more than before) and Cannibalize. (okay grind racial, would be good if it wasn't interrupted by damage) WOTF got nerfed. Still good, but I think we should get at least 2% of not 3%, since belves have an AOE silence and 2% to ALL magic. It's not a big deal, I just think it'd be nice.

EDIT: Oh, and 1% shadow resist? Blah. We have water breathing (everyone gets 4 minutes in Lich King, undead get 8 now, cool but useless more than before) and Cannibalize. (okay grind racial, would be good if it wasn't interrupted by damage) WOTF got nerfed. Still good, but I think we should get at least 2% of not 3%, since belves have an AOE silence and 2% to ALL magic. It's not a big deal, I just think it'd be nice.

It's not a big deal because at the end of the day we're still Forsaken. Yes, we are the best race.

As a warrior I'll still have Berserker Rage to fall back on.

I just realized, too, Night elves get more chance to avoid Nature spells than Tauren as part of their racial? That seems... odd. But then this stuff seems all over the damn place at the moment.

so racially alliance win now?

i hope we sitll get our gun skills. I love having that extra skill to cap a mage in the back of the head as they blink away.

so racially alliance win now?

i hope we sitll get our gun skills. I love having that extra skill to cap a mage in the back of the head as they blink away.

As long as we stil get our Axe skills. I love getting dual-wielding double Windfury crits on hunters before stormstriking them and getting a big ol' earthshock.

I'll miss Mana Tap, it was an occasionally useful ranged pull for a Paladin. Arcane Torrent is better off without it, though.

The Tauren thing... I never really begrudged Tauren tanks their extra health, it was their schtick and anyway made sense since they're three times my size. Still, I can see the arguement, and it's not like the ability is being taken away - the average Tauren warrior is going to have an edge over a tank of any other race. Not as big as before, but it'll be like having a flask buff all the time. It's a particularly awesome Fortitude elixir that never falls off - not a bad racial.

"Fall of Humanity" needs a new name so it makes some freaking sense. Like "Look Innocent" or "Cower, Brief Mortal" - something that explains why a huge goddamn giant looks over at you, bellows in rage, and then decides "You know what? Nevermind. He's not important." And also explains why being utterly unremarkable is a human trait.

I, too, could swear these are fake. Although I doubt the people at Blizzard are looking at WAR and panicking - WAR's good, but WotLK has a lot going for it too. At worst, there will be two big-time MMOs instead of just one, and I can't see how that will be bad for anyone.

WoW won't die. Like every other MMO, it will slowly wind down, merging servers and losing development staff as its revenues shrink, until it reaches a stable point where the players are long-term fans who just enjoy the game and are unlikely to stray.

I actually enjoy mana tap a lot to were I feel like a BE, I'm that addicted to it. I think Blizz did a great job in making conveying the feeling of a addiction with the race. Every time I see a creature with mana I have the feeling to use it and when I fight things that don't have mana bars it pisses me off. I've actually played the BE race so much that when I play another race it bugs the hell out of me I can't mana tap a mana bar when I see one. I'm a mana sucking vampire IRL *eye twitch* it will defiantly will be missed on my side R.I.P Mana Tap no longer will I twitch at the sight of a mana bar.

I guess it goes with a lore change with Kil'jaedan, they no longer need to tap mana anymore. Though I think the race shouldn't have been saved in that way, all it did was give us or crutch back and a target on our foreheads again to be used the same way it was corrupted. Maybe they race will take measures next time and learn from the past

Looks like they changed a few.

In place of "The Fall of Humanity:"

"Every Man for Himself": Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.

Two minute cooldown. This basically replaces the PvP trinket for humans, freeing up a trinket slot. Amazing.

And for night elves. . .

"Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect."

Pretty much what The Fall of Humanity was, except exponentially more logical. Useable in combat; it DOES drop target, so it'll have fair use in PvP, too. It still passively increases the stealth rating of druids and rogues, as well.

The Forsaken racial is still better because it doesn't share a cooldown with the trinket, so you can pop them back to back. Humans just lets us use a different trinket of our choice, but we don't have the option of doubling up like Forsaken can.

Look at the second most powerful non-escape PvP trinket at any point in the game. That is the human racial. I can't believe how over powered that is. Meanwhile I'm stuck with regeneration and ranged weapon spec? Bullshit...

Look at the second most powerful non-escape PvP trinket at any point in the game. That is the human racial. I can't believe how over powered that is. Meanwhile I'm stuck with regeneration and ranged weapon spec? Bullshit...

Er? Haven't you looked at the other changes? Trolls have bow specialization, beast slaying, berserking--with no more mana/rage/energy cost--and 15% reduced duration on snares. They're pretty damn well off at the moment.

And now I can think of a few trinket combinations that'll still make human rogues overpowered >.>