Thalarios

Racial Changes!

Changes that should be in the next beta push. Bear in mind that some of these may change somewhat or entirely, and there may also be other changes coming in subsequent pushes:

Orc

- Hardiness now reduces the duration of stun effects by 15%

Troll

- Racial Passive "The Voodoo Shuffle": Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!

- Berserking: no longer has an activation cost of energy/rage/etc

Draenei

- Gift of the Naaru: now scales based on the higher of either the caster's Attack Power or Spell Power

Dwarf

- Frost Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Frost spells by 2%

Undead

- Shadow Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 1% (yes, this is lower than the other resistance racials)

Night Elf

- Quickness: reduces the chance to be hit by melee or ranged attacks by 2%

- Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 3%

Tauren

- Endurance: now scales based on base health, to be tuned to approximately a 5% heath increase if the player were wearing green quality gear

- Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 2%

Gnome

- Escape Artist: the freeing effect can no longer be resisted

- Arcane Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Arcane spells by 2%

Blood Elf

- Mana Tap: ability removed (partially integrated into Arcane Torrent)

- Arcane Torrent: restores 15 energy, 15 runic power, or 6% of mana to the Blood Elf (along with the current 2s silence effect)

Human

- Perception: changed to a passive, now grants one character level of passive stealth detection

- Racial "The Fall of Humanity": Feign death which may trick enemies into ignoring you. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. 5min cooldown

- Racial Passive "Human Supremacy": The dominance of Humanity is evidenced by having one more racial bonus than normal. Actually, make that two counting this one. (just a tooltip, no actual functionality)

Original post by Kalgan found here.

Why are Forsaken getting 1% compared to other races getting 2%?

I guess you could say shadow damage will be plentiful in the expansion, but won't frost damage be as well?

I only read "Perception: changed to a passive" and almost had a heart attack. Thanks Thal.

Oh, come on. 50 levels of passive stealth detection is fair!

Just need to convince Kalgan now...

Why are Forsaken getting 1% compared to other races getting 2%?

I guess you could say shadow damage will be plentiful in the expansion, but won't frost damage be as well?

I'd guess it's for PvP reasons. Shadow damage can come from warlocks, priests, and Death Knights. Frost damage comes from mages and death knights.

There is also a theory on the boards about the amount of resistance being inversely proportional to the strength of the other racials, but I don't buy that.

...go trolls!

Edit: Forgot to mention that the thing many people seem to be forgetting is that the human FD is more like Fade than FD. You get all the aggro back when it wears off, so they can't use it to wipe threat, only to save their own ass.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the thing many people seem to be forgetting is that the human FD is more like Fade than FD. You get all the aggro back when it wears off, so they can't use it to wipe threat, only to save their own ass.

Or for human tanks to piss off their group members. FD, let a mob 3-shot your rogue buddy, then pop back up and resume aggro-holding.

As for the 1% compared to 2%, I failed to see that Draenei have a 2% chance to avoid shadow hits. Now it makes even less sense to me.

The Voodoo Shuffle makes me wish I rolled Troll..

Almost.

I like my undead warr too much, and they DIDN'T change WotF, so I still have my advantage in LK. :3

EDIT:

OHSHI-

They did.

- Will of the Forsaken: removes any fear, sleep, or charm effect (no longer has a lasting immunity).

Still epic.

I just like it cause I can fear break in battle stance, which will be a boon in LK with Arms warrs heading for battle stance.

Tauren

- Endurance: now scales based on base health, to be tuned to approximately a 5% heath increase if the player were wearing green quality gear.

Does this mean that an epiced out Tauren gets MORE than a 5% health bonus? Or what? I don't understand.

Also, I'm VERY happy to see trolls getting the racial love they've deserved.

Well if it's scaling on base health, which doesn't change depending on gear, and I would assume that purple gear will have more stamina than green quality gear, I would say that it would be less than 5% at that point.

Does this mean that an epiced out Tauren gets MORE than a 5% health bonus? Or what? I don't understand.

Also, I'm VERY happy to see trolls getting the racial love they've deserved.

The original bonus was 5% of the player's maximum health. This is 5% of the player's base health. It will be the same increase on you, no matter if you're wearing white gear or epic gear.

It was done so Tauren tanks wouldn't be at such an advantage against non-Tauren tanks.

Wooow. So Tauren got a massive fucking nerf in other words. 5% lowers based upon the gear you are wearing.

I hate Blizzard. I really do.

In my experience raiding, Tauren tanks never got picked over other Warrior tanks for their racial. It helps when tanking, sure, but every tank has their advantages and disadvantages. This... really just sucks.

At least the Nature Resistance was replaced, I guess.

In my experience raiding, Tauren tanks never got picked over other Warrior tanks for their racial. It helps when tanking, sure, but every tank has their advantages and disadvantages. This... really just sucks.

A 5% increase to your maximum health is a pretty fucking epic advantage to a tank when you're decked out in epic gear and gems.

This is a nerf, but a needed and inevitable one.

How does it make you feel, undead, that Death Knights are pretty much getting your racial? 11 points in frost, you get to turn undead and get the pc immunities + 25% more chance to not get hit.

I'm a troll! I'm an undead! I'm a troll!

I'm a teepee! I'm a wigwam! Relax man, you're two tents xD

I thought it was all a joke when I read it...Especially humans. Theeeennn, I saw the blue.

Umm...

WTF is fall of humanity? Seriously! Get creative!

I just realized, too, Night elves get more chance to avoid Nature spells than Tauren as part of their racial? That seems... odd. But then this stuff seems all over the damn place at the moment.