RPers vs non-RPers on TNG

I originally was going to post this to the TN War 3 thread, but then I kept typing and I want people to have a chance to respond without derailing that thread.

Ok, there's a lot of non-RP vs RP hate going on here (in the thread linked above in particular that was deleted).

I don't care about people posting non-RP events on TNG. But you WILL NOT antogonize RPers here, or anywhere on the site. Yes, this was posted on the OOC Discussions forum, but that doesn't mean this SITE isn't made for RPers. You are on their turf, regardless of what section of the site you post in.

While Mal's posts may have been more aggressive than I would be, I'm not entirely certain he doesn't have the right of it. I've got entirely too many people taking advantage of the fact that I don't like to moderate and running that fine line between what I will and won't delete. Too many trolls who post just to piss people off, too many non-RPers thinking that 14-year old humor youTube's are the funniest things ever.

I have been considering cleaning up around here. Banning blatant trolls (even the ones I enjoy their sense of humor), dropping most of the OOC forums, making the site focus more on RP and less on youTube spam. Banning people who don't play the game anymore but insist on sticking around and badmouthing WoW.

I think just the normal lull in interest that happens before an expansion is causing people to be more itchy than normal. Even the moderators, probably :)

So everyone just needs to chill. They need to stop with snide remarks about other posters. They need to remember this is a site for RPers. Try to have fun with the game, and if you aren't having fun with it, don't come here to bitch about it (unless it's in your blog or in the "News of the Personal section" where it belongs).

I don't think anyone is taking advantage of you, just more along the lines that we are just trying to have fun. Sometimes people take things too seriously and a fight breaks out. Most of us here ARE roleplayers, even if we aren't in game anymore (for whatever reason) we still post here. Hell I'd be posting an RP story right now if I weren't too lazy to write the damn thing (oh curses!).

Some of us are sticking around waiting for WAR, some of us want to stay in touch with the community and keep some "friends" entertained. I do agree the youtube spam gets stupid fast (zomg it's a RICKROLL), but it could be worse, people could be posting that robotnik crap, or more YTMND links (hey I posted a few, but they fit!)

I'll stop being so much of a troll if it pisses you off THAT much, but really I don't think most of us have done that much wrong. I see posts get deleted of mine, and when I think about it I see why they have been deleted. I don't turn around and bitch about it or anything... though my last post to be deleted -ponders- don't see the reason for that one...

I certainly hope you guys don't consider me a "blatant troll." A lot of my stuff has been deleted, but most of what was deleted was off topic or dumb and that's fine with me.

I'm not saying anyone's accusing me of anything, but I think I should just get this across now.

I do not troll the TNG. 90% of my posts on the Twisting Nether Realm Forums are troll posts. I'm basically a different person over there, and it's because most of the non-trolls there are idiots.

Regardless, my remark in that thread was not intended to be "snide" and most certainly wasn't posted just to piss anyone off. Sorry if it came across that way.

The reason I posted that was because on the realm forums many people consider RPers to be "elitist" because many alts and such will pop in to post anti-nonRP threads (albeit several times worse than Malebrignon's comment) and I REALLY don't want people having that opinion supported by coming in here for whatever reason and seeing it on the boards.

I think you guys take the term "troll" a bit too lightly. A troll post is CLEARLY intentional. For example, if I was going to troll the TNG, I would link the site on several official boards and INVITE people to wreak havoc, not just make some comment about someone on the board being elitist.

Edit: I actually have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't seen any 14-year-old YouTube humor anywhere, nor have I seen any nonRPers actually post on this website besides Kaldore, but we all know he's the best.

Ok, there's a lot of non-RP vs RP hate going on here (in the thread linked above in particular that was deleted).

I didn't notice any hate from either side. In fact, I didn't notice a non-RP side at all. We're all roleplayers here (or at least pro-RP).

I don't care about people posting non-RP events on TNG. But you WILL NOT antogonize RPers here, or anywhere on the site. Yes, this was posted on the OOC Discussions forum, but that doesn't mean this SITE isn't made for RPers. You are on their turf, regardless of what section of the site you post in.

Up to and including my last post (which was deleted, for some reason), no one was antagonizing RPers. Mal made the case that the thread didn't belong on the TNG, and some people rebutted. That was it. I could understand deleting trolls or ad hominem attacks, but there was none of that.

I've got entirely too many people taking advantage of the fact that I don't like to moderate...

This made me laugh.

I have been considering cleaning up around here... Banning people who don't play the game anymore but insist on sticking around and badmouthing WoW.

aaaaaawwwwww... -.-

Well insofar as elitism it is a fine line, I have been playing mmo's a long time and a large amount of the rp'ers I meet are in fact elitists. The majority arent, but isnt a small amount either. Sometimes Rp can be as simple as two guys talking about what they ate for lunch, it doesnt always have to be world altering epic stuff.

I don't consider you a blatant troll, Advurb. For the most part most of your posts are fine, usually the ones of yours that get deleted are responses to other people going out of line.

Irontoe is banned now, because he IS a blatant troll, the only reason he comes here is to piss people off, as evidenced by his post above.

While I can't speak for the catalyst thread to Mortica's post, I can speak to what Mortica is saying and how things "will be" from a moderator perspective.

The Twisting Nether Gazette is a community of roleplayers for World of Warcraft on the Twisting Nether Server. If you aren't interested in any of the fancy words there, then I don't care who you are or what you do - I will crush you.

We're all smart people here, so we all know when somebody isn't being smart. There are no take backs... there are no "well he's an ok guy." If you are a fucking idiot, and I find you - then I will ensure you are aware that I am a man you will fear, so long as you type the Gazette's url into your browser.

My job as a moderator is to keep the peace, and enforce a roleplay environment for the game. If you aren't cultivating roleplaying - then you are a weed in my garden, and I will pull you out to ensure you can't take root.

Also, grow a backbone. Nobody likes a cry baby.

problem wasn't the first two, but the second two. And even that wouldn't be bannable except for about 6 months plus of other disrespectful crap I've put up with because I don't want to mod people.

I am amazed and stunned.

I am sorry but I enjoyed the TNG and coming here and I will miss it.

I am a roleplayer and perhaps in the future, in Warhammer we will cross paths again.

Goodbye.

Belz, what are you talking about? You are <3'd.

I dunno if the "doesn't play WoW anymore" is what you are picking up on, or what. You don't come here to cause problems, most of your posts are RP related. You are welcome here.

Belz, what are you talking about? You are <3'd.

I dunno if the "doesn't play WoW anymore" is what you are picking up on, or what. You don't come here to cause problems, most of your posts are RP related. You are welcome here.

I'm pretty sure that's Irontoe.

I'm pretty sure that's Irontoe.

They have different IP addresses, and I know Belz ingame. If Belz and Irontoe are the same people, I'll quit life and become a nun.

Sorry Advurb - I don't know Irontoe.

Sorry Villayana- you can go ahead and delete all my posts in this thread :) ((although I would have loved to see you dressed as a nun ha ha ))

I worked 14 hours, slept 3 - I really shouldn't be anywhere near this thread at all in the first place.

I'll wander back down to the Warhammer section- and sneak about the stories and biographies- but first, I am going back to bed.

Posts flaming a non-rp event do nothing to help the image of RPers being nothing more than elitist pricks. The more that we look like such, the more difficult it will be to get a good sized RP event going and remain such. I'm not going to apologize for what I've said previously, because I feel I wasn't in the wrong. A flame directed towards a non-rp event really has no place if it's posted on the WoW discussion forum, since that's where most of our number crunching/WotLK discusions take place. If it were in the TN Legends forum, I could understand the flame, but it is a non-rp event that's posted on a board where OOC discussions about events and game mechanics take place.

I'll freely admit that I could've been nicer about what I had to say. That was Scylexan's first post and based on the last two TN Wars, I figured it might be Spotlore trying to hide his identity.

I strongly feel that non-RP EVENTS (not topics. specifically events) belong on the Non-RP realm forums. I will always chime in with "Where's the RP?" on stuff like that as I have since the TNG was created. I feel that those kinds of events SHOULD be RP'd and it's very easy to do so. I liked Scylexan's response that he'd like some help scripting something for his movie to make it more of a story and less of a "ZOMG! Look how many people I can control! I R teh awesome!" as that was what I'd seen in the past. My RP-sense, not to be confused with spider-sense, tingled and I lashed out. I saw an "acceptable" response and left it alone. I am a harsh personality; I do understand that my scoldings often seem like flames to people.

I have been one of the major RP policemen both on TN and on the TNG since I came here. Very, very few people seem to disagree with my "judgements" so I continue my role. I get lots of PMs from folks who thank me for saying what they were too timid to say.

Take me with a grain of salt. I'll rarely argue the point once I've said my part. I'm usually just challenging people to be creative.

Well you're going to end up discouraging people who try to host events. This is the internet. The internet. Lighten up. Would you prefer he only post on the realm forums and not offer the event to RPers?

Just because it's not an RP-event, doesn't mean you can't RP at the event.

That said, I welcome announcements of all events, RP or otherwise.

I strongly feel that non-RP EVENTS (not topics. specifically events) belong on the Non-RP realm forums.

My issue with this part is that there are quite a few people who frequent these boards who, for whatever reason, rarely RP anymore, but will almost never go to the realm forums. A post showing that there's going to be a non-RP, but still PvP, event on our own WoW discussion forums with a link to the thread on the realm forums shouldn't pose any major problem.

If we want to get technical, anyone who doesn't RP and PvP doesn't belong on this server. However, people do eventually come who do one or the other simply because they're hanging out with friends who do one, the other, or both. If an event is being true to the PvP sense of our realm, but not the RP sense of it, has just as much of a place in our WoW discussions forum as an event that's being true to the RP sense of the realm, but not the PvP sense.