Kained

Kained

Indeed, a powerful adversary. It seems long ago that I was confronted by this elven Paladin in the woods of Quel'Danas. Though I was able to defeat him each time, if I recall aright, it was each time a hard pressed battle--though I was then at the height of my powers.

Now after the sieges began on the Lich King in the north, I found myself face to face with Kained once again, the howling winds stirring the powdered snow at our feet. Though the blood of the Vrykul giants stained both of our blades, I knew that our aligned cause was but a momentary respite from the animosity between us.

I readied myself for battle, but even as he saw me he did not draw his blade, though a hunter stood ready at his side. My esteem of this elven Paladin rose. But though there might be honor and respect between enemies, foes we were and shall remain. Word had reached my ears of bold attacks by Kained, sometimes with a few allies and sometimes alone, against Stormwind itself.

For this offense, I would not suffer to leave that place without crossing blades with him--though I had no delusions that my past victories held any sway that day. It was obvious by the deeds I heard that he had grown much in his power, and was now arrayed with finely-wrought battlegear. My power in the Light, only recently regained after a time of darkness, was not yet refined to the height of my power. Yet even so, there were many five seasons or more my senior who had fallen before my blade.

I drew my blade and beckoned him to begin the battle. A credit to Kained's honor, the hunter watched silently as the combat unfolded. His opening offensive was nothing short of a force capable of demolishing an Alliance garrison, and I was nearly immediately forced to call upon a Divine Shield. I regrouped and took the offensive, and for a time we fought toe to toe. For the briefest of moments, there was a glimmer of hope that I might manage to triumph. But just as quickly, the scales tipped once more against my favor, and I was struck down.

But even as I was lying bleeding in the snow, Kained sheathed his blade and departed. An honorable adversary to be sure, and one I look forward to dueling when we are upon even footing once more.

He is reserved, although not in a detrimental way. I enjoy his company, and he is always willing to lend a sword to a cause should he be asked. Opinionated and willful, he nonetheless believes in his causes with a passion. He is a warrior I am glad to fight beside, but I still have questions about where his loyalty lies at the end of the day...

"It is good to have Kained back in the Raven Cross, I can only hope his time with us this time around is far longer than his last short lived period. He is opinionated, preaches one thing about something and then acts completely contrary to his preaching. And yet, he offers his sword freely and never turns down a fight. He has my respect, for now."

Diomades pauses a moment before continuing. "His recent... additions... are a bit odd, however."

((So I noticed the other day that you are a female now? How does that work in RP? A questionable Goblin Chop Shop, or something like your soul being preserved in the body of a lover perhaps?))

((So I noticed the other day that you are a female now? How does that work in RP? A questionable Goblin Chop Shop, or something like your soul being preserved in the body of a lover perhaps?))

(( There will be a netherlegend open soon explainin everyttttthing o_o... But I will be returning to a male :D)

The elf frowns slightly, blue eyes hardening as she stares the goblin down. "Kained? He's a pansy ass elf who think that his pain is superior to others." She rubs the back of her head. "And he hits like a bitch. You can relay that part. In bold letters."

"When I first met this Draenei, I figured him for another fresh-faced, deadmeat squidgoat, like most of the rest I've seen... Then I found out he was that bloody, disloyal shapeshifter..."

"From what I've managed to piece together, he started out as a Blood Elf male, at least that's the earliest form I know of, then he morphed into a female blood elf! Granted, considering elves that's not much of a change."

"He then changed BACK into a male for a short while, before clipping those hideous ears and eyebrows, bulking up, and then managing to grow facial and body hair. Passing himself off as a human and defecting to the Alliance! I can tell by the look on your face that you're as shocked as I was..."

"But THEN! Then he turned himself into a squidgoat! Light knows how a being that once possessed a frame so tiny and frail as a Blood Elf could bulk up to the size of a giant!"

"What amazes me more, is how he managed to shed all those pounds so quickly to change BACK into the form of an elf when he defected BACK to the Horde... But that's why he's so convincing... But I'm onto him... Yes... Soon it'll all come to light- Oi! Where are you going?! I'm not finished yet, you spastic, little green git!"

Yes, I have heard he's back. I thought that was him I saw in Stormwind. Bad news for us. He's just one man, though. The Bloodsworn will not suffer him to enter our lands so freely as he once did.

The goblin tugged at the end of Synestra's skirt, drawing her attention from her nails as she sat on her bench in Silvermoon. "Know this guy?".

Synestra leaned down to look at the picture and nodded "Yes I know him, that's Kained, interesting guy" a nail tapped against Synestra's bottom lip before she continued "We had small talk on this very bench after we had evaded this..dreadfully dull man, and it was sort of nice to share a few thoughts..I'm sure it won't be the last time we see eachother"

*The Dark Iron's eyes begin to narrow, his hands tighten into fists.*

"I hate the Sin'dorei, I hate the Horde... If I could, I would slaughter every last one of them - women, children, old.... All alike. I would crush them all in the palm of my hands..."

*He clasps his hands together for emphasis.*

"But damn it all, how can you not respect a warrior of this breed, enemy or no?"

Lysimachus set his tea back to its plate, honey seeping obscenely over the top. "I met with Sir De'Leon only yesterday evening. It is well that he has returned." He placed the plate and cup onto a side table, folding his hands in his lap. "Times are changing, you know; the need for heroism shall shortly prove itself more necessary, perhaps, than ever before."

"Could you elaborate?"

The Marquess raised his eyes and eyebrows to the sky and sighed. "Mayhap if you only were to look around you, it would elaborate itself. Arthas is helling dead, goblin," he leaned in, now leering unsteadily at his questioner, "but peace is hardly around the corner. There are THINGS that must be done, you know, before some other disaster occurs." He leans back, nodding. "War, most likely. I'd say it is inevitable. And men like Mr. De'Leon will be sorely needed by we, the forces of real justice and immeasurable wisdom. Now be away with you." He flicked a hand toward the door. "You're quite ugly, after all."

*Smiles at the next goblin who enters his chamber, although the Goblin seems very nervous after the last one returned with stories of abuse after asking of Niktika*

Come in, come in you cowardly beast! Do you ALSO intend to ask me about that damn GOAT!?

*The Goblin stammers* NO.. captain... just... of Kained.

*he smiles at the mention of the name*

Yes, Kained! Do come in! I say it was good to see him again! He was once one of my most trusted soldiers when we fought to defend Silvermoon, in fact! We have fought together for QUITE some time. A very competant soldier, perhaps one of the best I have ever commanded. He certainly has my respect...

*trails off a bit and then his voice returns to a normal tone*

He could likely beat me now... I am NOT as good as I once was you know! Yes, he has grown quite powerful... perhaps TOO powerful. I will have to keep my eye on him to make sure he does not go astray! Well, enough of that, let me tell you about the time that...

*Tale'ron begins to tell some longwinded battle story and seems to totally miss the fact that the Goblin has stepped out of the room. He stands there, sharing battle stories with the wall, mking jabbing motions and laughing for several moments and then stops, realizes the Goblin is gone.*

Ahem, yes. Good to have him back.

*looks around quickly and then returns to his parchment*